AMD to launch (Temash + Kabini + Richland ) APU's for low powered devices.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
At last Hope for many of us.:razz:

In the coming months,

i). Tablets based on "Temash" based APU's
ii). Ultra-portable/Laptops based on "Kabini" based APU's
iii). and Performing Laptops/Desktops based on "Richland" based APU's are going to see the light of the day.

Just to see what price and budget they are upto.

Facebook Today(AMD):One is the magic number of the day! We’ve just announced the world’s 1st 28nm, x86 quad-core SoC APU for tablets, and the 1st quad-core x86 SoC APU for mainstream and ultrathin notebooks, and the 1st low power versions of our 2013 top-of-the-line APU! Learn how these APUs enhance your life. *bit.ly/12wiF5P

AMD news room

AMD ups ante with Temash and Kabini APUs - CPU - Preview - HEXUS.net

^^
Purchase a low-power AMD-based notebook or tablet in the next few months and you'll receive more performance with less power than just a year ago.

Last edited:
OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

excerpts from AnandTech

On the graphics front, Kabini's Radeon HD 8830 is stuck between a rock and a hard place. It's significantly faster than what we had with Brazos (and lightyears ahead of what you get with Clover Trail), but not faster than Intel's HD 4000 which we viewed as the minimum acceptable level of performance for processor graphics upon its introduction. However, if you're playing older titles, or when faced with more tablet-like 3D workloads, Kabini's GPU should do very well.

On the power front, Kabini is great. In our tests we found much better battery life than Brazos and even better battery life than 17W Ultrabook-class Ivy Bridge parts. The days of AMD being associated with poor battery life are long gone. Kabini manages compelling battery life and better performance than Brazos, which is exactly what AMD needs. Given how successful Brazos was (almost 50M units shipped), Kabini seems to have the right recipe.

The real question for me is what sort of laptops and devices we’ll see when manufacturers release Kabini into the wild. The prototype laptop is really weak on some areas I care about—the keyboard and touchpad just don’t impress, and build quality is flimsy at best—but what it does have is a great LCD for what will hopefully be a budget-friendly laptop. Give me a reasonable Ultrabook-style chassis (or maybe a dockable tablet) with Kabini and a decent quality 1080p touchscreen and do it at the right price and there are plenty of people that will jump at the offer.

These are the points to be a worth of mention according to Anandtech.
Non-gamers like me will love that fact,the advancement in battery life by AMD.
It's really for us,who will do general tasks and watch movies...not putting too much strain in the battery.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Another review by tom

- AMD's Kabini: Jaguar And GCN Come Together In A 15 W APU : Temash And Kabini: AMD's Mobile Future

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

I'm eagerly waiting for kabini based ultraportables. Pretty excited about them. :)
Me too...
In fact a 12.6" Tablet with Temash/Kabini APU and a keyboard dock within Rs.25K would make me think to buy as a substitute for laptop.
Of course RAM should be minimum 2GB better if 4GB.And much better if internal memory is 64GB...

But Friends,the real Killer will be the "KAVERI" series APU (Notebooks or Hybrids/Ultra-portables or Elite Tablets) with HSA and 28nm fab design.
I shall WAIT(...and am WAITING) for it.

Top Bottom