bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
AMD releases a community update on memory overclocking | CPU & Mainboard | OC3D News
AMD says that end users should concentrate on buying low latency RAM for their Ryzen CPU's.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Ryzen effect....

Intel preparing multiple 6-core Coffee Lake CPUs | VideoCardz.com

most exciting part is... i5 is also going to have 6 cores..

i5 8400 is mentioned as 6 core / 6 thread 2.8 ghz.. i7 as expected 6c/12t ...

i still don't think low end i5 variant will be 6 core variant though .. 4c/8t would still be pretty competitive

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
This is the first AMD Ryzen laptop:This is the first AMD Ryzen laptop
You can buy from here:ASUS ROG GL702ZC-GC104T AMD RX 580 4GB GDDR5, 17.3" FHD IPS Freesync, AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Gaming Laptop
Thanks Sunil for the info.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
But the question + answer is that, Brother Sunil(@bssunilreddy),it's(ASUS ROG GL702ZC-GC104T)beyond my purchase budget this life.

Rather low powered AMD Ryzen APU powered laptops(mainstream) are to be considered.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
AMD Ryzen Retest 1500x 1600x 1800x Review

One of the small issues with the way that the review business works is the fact that we're always testing launch products on launch BIOS. At the time that is fine because it is the very latest hardware and software available. It would be lovely if we had enough time to ever revisit products as BIOS, drivers and the like gradually improve the performance, but with the OC3D bunker constantly full of things awaiting review it's just unworkable/impossible to go back to things and see how they have matured.

With the AMD Zen architecture, we're going to make an exception though, largely by popular demand. Our inbox and forums have been flooded with people saying how much difference the newer generations of BIOS have made to the Ryzen CPUs to the point that we're doing them a disservice by not going back and re-testing them.

That's a bold claim indeed, but if there is a benefit to our independent nature it's that we're a very flexible website. You ask. We answered. Let's just hope that this week long test-fest has justified the time we've spent on it, otherwise we could be quite grumpy with the most vocal of you.

Source:AMD Ryzen Retest 1500x 1600x 1800x Review | Introduction and Technical Specifications | CPU & Mainboard | OC3D Review

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Review (3.2Ghz)

Base specs:

• 65W TDP
  • 2+2 CCX Config
  • 8MB L3 cache
  • 512K L2 cache per core
  • 3.2 GHz Base Clock
  • 3.2 GHz All-Core Clock
  • 3.4 GHz 2-Core Boost
  • 3.45 GHz XFR
The Ryzen 5 1400 quad-core chip we're reviewing today has an enviable premise - a quad-core chip with SMT enabling 8 threads, 8 MB of L3 cache, and slightly lower clock speeds than the 1500X, yet an unlocked multiplier, for just $170. If you've read our Ryzen 5 1500X review, you'll note that we found it to be a very compelling alternative to the Core i5-7400. At its price, the Ryzen 5 1400 targets the upper-end of Intel's Core i3 dual-core lineup, and maybe even disrupts its entry-level quad-core Core i5 lineup. Dual-core Intel chips still make for decent entry/mainstream gaming PC chips for those who want to game at 1080p with reasonably dialed up settings. AMD is changing the game here by offering up four cores, eight threads, and more than double the cache, besides the freedom to overclock.

AMD made the Ryzen 5 1400 by disabling two cores per quad-core complex (CCX) on the 14 nm "Summit Ridge" silicon, resulting in four cores. In addition, AMD halved the L3 cache per CCX to 4 MB. This is unlike the 1500X, where it left the L3 cache untouched, giving you 16 MB. So you have 8 MB of shared L3 cache and 512 KB of L2 cache per core. The chip is clocked at 3.20 GHz, with 3.40 GHz of TurboCore frequency. It lacks XFR (extended frequency range) in the real sense. A vestige of the feature overclocks the chip up to 50 MHz beyond the rated boost frequency. It doesn't appear to have any real price-matched competitor from the Intel stable. You get the Core i5-7400 at $190, but that's already sorted out by the Ryzen 5 1500X at the same price. Intel recently slashed the price of the overclocker friendly Core i3-7350K dual-core chip to $150, but we haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Source:AMD Ryzen 5 1400 review

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Just little over a day for Ryzen 3 to hit the market. Still no reviews, no pricing info, no pre-ordering?
I don't remember this was the case with Ryzen 7 and Ryzen 5?

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
^^

Probably because NDA lifts on 27th itself .. they were sent to reviewers already a week ago.. and reviewers have made unboxing videos ..

till then you can get a good rough idea with this video..

leaked pricing is R3 1200 - 110 $ and R3 1300x - 129 $ .. taking newegg and mdcomputers as reference this gives us Rs 8,600 for 1200 and Rs 10,100 for 1300x

and here is the passmark score for 1200

PassMark - AMD Ryzen 3 1200 - Price performance comparison

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Finally, Ryzen 3 is listed but with no pricing info.
Buy Online | Ryzen 3 | Price in India

ssb1551

Technomancer
These days (read post-GST) Primeabgb puts up "Email for price" for most of its products so the ones which will be launched soon is bound to have those message.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
These days (read post-GST) Primeabgb puts up "Email for price" for most of its products so the ones which will be launched soon is bound to have those message.
Ryzen 3 is launching in 'GST era'. There should be no confusion with pricing, right? Having stocks from pre-GST and selling in now may have some pricing issue, but why now?

ssb1551

Technomancer
Like some member posted earlier either in this thread or might be another one (sorry my memory sucks BIG TIME :D ) - all the stores are trying to milk the current confusion.

Top Bottom