AMD Releases 11.10 Drivers

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Even BC2 was a pain in the a** when it came to Radeon XfireX.

Buddy, install 11.9 cap4 profile with 11.10 catalyst. All issues will vanish just like that.

Bf3 is working perfectly in ultra settings in cilus's 6870cfx setup without any single issue. Try it asap mate.:smile:

Download here.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Anil, install the 11.10 driver, specially tailored for BF3 and the 11.9 Cap4 profile. After installing those, BF3 is running very smoothly with ULTRA settings.

CAP are the profiles to optimize performance of Graphics cards in different games. Each games has some diiferent rendering properties and they need some optimizations of the Gfx hardware to run it smoothly. So Graphics card manufacturers normally create game profiles for a single or group of games and release them and they need atleast a minimum version of the Gfx card driver to be applied.
So if you have the proper version of the Gfx driver n then you install a profile for say game X and Y, then the performance of the Graphics hardware will be optimized for games X and Y and it also will not hamper the performance of the other games. The reason being is that the profile based optimizations are applied in the runtime, depending upon the currently running games.

Let me exemplify it with a basic example:-
Say two new game G1 and G2 have been released and it needs some optimation.

Gfx card comapny releases the Profile P1 for G1 and G2.
P1 needs Driver Version D1 or above.
So your steps will be:-

1. Update your Graphics card Driver with D1 or above.
2. Install the Profile P1
It will offer you best playback for the game G1.

This Profile thing is common for both Nvidia and AMD/ATI.

However, it is observed that sometimes a game can perform resonably well with the profile of another game. It is not surprising as a lot of games use some common engines. So a profile for optimization of the specific game engine may lead to the improvement of multiple games.

For these kind of tweaks, Nvidia does have a little advantage. From Nvidia control panel, you can assign a perticular profile to a spefic application. For example, it is observed that the initial unoptimized version of Crysis 2 runs resonably well with the Bioshok and FEAR game profiles. So from Nvidia control panel, you can assign FEAR profile to be applied whenever Crysis 2 has been launched. You can even tweak the settings a little and save it as a new profile for Crysis 2.

The above benefits are not present in Catalyst control Center and new profiles cannot be created here. Initially that was a big deal but now a days, AMD normally release Profiles very quickly which addresses the issue in a large extent. But AMD card owners, don't be angered, There is a superb Tool available called RADEON PRO, which will let you do all the things the Nvidia control panel can do and many other things, It is one hell of an alternative for Catalyst Control Center.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yup i confirm this now. I switched to 11.10 drivers from 11.8 and added 11.9 cap4. BF3 is giving 4-5fps more now. So guys it really works.

At 1600x900 at all settings set to high, my 5750 is constantly giving over 40fps while yesterday i 11.8, it was 35-36 max. Today its even doing 42-43 sometimes.
My card is overclocked by 100mhz for core clocks and 50mhz for memory clocks.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^, Yes, it addresses the Microshuttering issues. But the Catalyst 11.10 Driver is solely targeted for BF3 performance. I think Vicky's FPS improvement is due to use of 11.10 driver if not for the Cap 4 profile.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
is that meant for IGP or DISCRETE GPU?

what IGP do you have ?? - 11.10 drivers can be intsalled for both IGP and Discrete gfx cards- Check the Product Compatibility list ;-)

AMD Catalystâ„¢ / AMD Visionâ„¢ Engine Control Center 11.10 Release Notes.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^no, i am playing after installing 11.10. And 11.10 is working fine for others. So i thought ram.

finished, all problems gone. playing at ultra :-D

Top Bottom