AMD PHENOM FX(deneb 45nm) VS INTEL COREi7 (nehalem 45nm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I can't say anything if you make such nonsense arguments.

And L3 cache was introduced by Intel. You don't believe it??

*www.excaliberpc.com/553583/intel-pentium-extreme-edition-3.46ghz.html

That is one P4 Northwood core processor.

Northwood core was introduced in January 2002.

And since you cannot understand how Microprocessors work,

Intel stopped L3 cache and Hyperthreading concept because the core then was not able to fully utilize these two.

Now, Nehalem has superb core, wider bus, lot of bandwidth, they had a chance to try L3 cache and Hyperthreading and it worked wonders. Hyperthreading is giving 30% increase in performance in 3d applications.

And oh, btw, If you want to support AMD, you should mention these

1) Performance/watt
2) x86-64
3) On-die memory controller
4) on-die GPU

First three are thing of past anyways as they are incorporated by many manufacturer and have to wait and watch how Fusion is going to transform the market.

Dude you broke your promise and replied to... him!! :(

@ultimategpu A.k.A DAAMIT boy

AMD rules, ruleds and will be rullings !!!1111!!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@comp

Thats not sustained frequency. But yes P4s haf gone to almost 7GHz (by some Italian overclocking team, I guess). Its not hard to believe considering how deep the P4 pipeline is.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
6-7 GHZ ?
Dude, what have you been smoking lately ?

Those speeds can only be dreamed of. Also its not easy to clock so much with the poor IMC.

I dont think AMD will launch 4G chips. If they do, good for them but i really doubt. AMD chips have never been known for clocking too high on clock speeds.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
INTEL Corei7

The upcoming Processor "INTEL Corei7 [code name - NEHALEM ] hitting the market on 2008 december
->Special Architecture of 8 threads in the corei7 processor
->the processor is featured with the copy of AMD's phenom X4 architecture L3 cache and diminished L2 cache
->the processor speed from the basic of 2.4ghz to 2.9ghz for the extreme corei7 processor
->it has the increased FSB than core2quad
->Special Overclocking performance as based on the 45nm
architecture than core2quad q9550
->Advanced memory controller to the copy of AMD's memory Bandwidth
architecture

AMD phenom FX

The upcoming "AMD's Phenom FX [code name - DENEB ] will hit the market on march 2009 est.

->AMD's first 45nm architecture based processor
->Featured with 512MB L1 cache , 2MB L2 cache and 6MB L3 cache
->Special feature ----> phenom
FX-80 at 4Ghz and the FX-82 at 4.4GHz (STOCK SPEED)
->featuring the same Hyper transport @2200 to 3000
->Ultra fast direct link between the RAM & the GPU
->Supports fast rendering video for the full HDTV 1080i
->AMD phenomFX-80 & FX-82 can be overclocked to 6ghz to 6.5ghz

Information listed here are from the source of the Intel and Amd engineering sample .

INTEL COREi7

*img401.imageshack.us/img401/2489/corei7940benchmarked02zu1.jpg

AMD PHENOM FX

*img293.imageshack.us/img293/4389/phenomcpuzba4.jpg

*img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=corei7940benchmarked02zu1.jpg

Just a humble request dude, get your facts right... by reading your post I came to conclusion that Intel has copied everything from AMD... please, if you like AMD, I dont have a problem... but get your facts right and dont bash a company if you dont like. Intel pretty much kicks AMD in the butt...

OP
ultimategpu

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
6-7 GHZ ?
Dude, what have you been smoking lately ?

Those speeds can only be dreamed of. Also its not easy to clock so much with the poor IMC.

I dont think AMD will launch 4G chips. If they do, good for them but i really doubt. AMD chips have never been known for clocking too high on clock speeds.

Its 45nm , so then u can overclock without any problem ,,, dude check this its not phenom , its phenom FX (its meant for overclocking only )

Just a humble request dude, get your facts right... by reading your post I came to conclusion that Intel has copied everything from AMD... please, if you like AMD, I dont have a problem... but get your facts right and dont bash a company if you dont like. Intel pretty much kicks AMD in the butt...

i agree with u ,, now INTEL is ruling i know , but we can see in 2009 ,,

AMD 2002 - 2005 ,, they were the king of gaming rigs

INTEL 2007- 2008 , !!!!

2009 ----> INTEL or AMD

Still one more thing dude ,, this phenom FX-80 & FX-84 ,, processor price around $200 to $300

/////Value is more than price ////

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hahaha. here's a little bit of peek into the past:

AMD's 'Barcelona' Chips Claim Performance Advantages

As per AMD, Although AMD has targeted Barcelona -- officially known as the Opteron x3xx series -- at enterprise servers and workstations, the company released performance benchmarks showing that the new architecture substantially outperforms Intel's Xeon series on selected benchmarks, hinting that AMD's upcoming "Phenom" consumer processor may perform comparably. AMD began shipping the new Opterons a month ago, and the Phenom will ship in December, AMD said.

That was exactly a year ago. neither did the AMD chips beat Intel in server market nor did they match Intel in Desktop market.

So, enough of this talk over thing that nobody knows when is going to be released.

And Oh, BTW, here is a proof that the pictures posted in the root post of this thread stating 4GHz at 1.18 is not at all real.

*www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?id=20790&catid=2.
*xtreview.com/addcomment-id-5816-view-AMD-Deneb-45nm-at-3.5-GHz.html
*www.nordichardware.com/news,8020.html

And

If you compare this "*www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=190762." with this "*www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?id=20790&catid=2."

Time taken for Nehalem running at 2.4GHz to do superPi calculation (1M decimals): 17.219 seconds

Time taken for Deneb running at 3.44GHz to do superPi calculation (1M decimals): 20.515 seconds

Nehalem core voltage at 0.975V
Deneb core voltage at 1.568V (After overclocking)

List of Deneb processors that are going to be released in the first phase:

Phenom X4 20550

Runs at 3.0GHz
4×512 KiB L2 and 6MB L3 cache
125W

Phenom X4 20350

Runs at 2.8GHz

All those news about 4GHz phenom at 1.1V, OC'able to 6GHz and 7GHz is absolute thrash.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^No what ultimategpu says is correct... AMD is gonna beat Intel... dude we dunno anything, he is teh tech king... and so is AMD :|.

MODS CLOSE THIS ULTRA-NOOBISH THREAD.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
and if you are thinking about Phenom FX that is based on Deneb FX core, it won't be out for another 6 months. It is expected to hit the market in mid-2009 and guess what, even before it gets stability in the market, Intel will be out with 32nm Westmere based processors.

Westmere:

Native six-core processors.
A new set of instructions that gives over 3x the encryption and decryption rate of AES processes compared to before.

And who knows it may be the first processor with 1billion transistors on the die.

This is exactly why I am saying that AMD has no chance against Intel till they get Spider/Fusion platform out into the market.

^^No what ultimategpu says is correct... AMD is gonna beat Intel... dude we dunno anything, he is teh tech king... and so is AMD :|.

MODS CLOSE THIS ULTRA-NOOBISH THREAD.

ROFLMAO

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
There's got to be more to life than fighting over 2 brands of microprocessors, don't you think? :D

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^+1... and fighting over 2 companies against a fanboi is even worse :|.

"But L3 cache is used in i7,,,ha ha ha :D" ...I mean WTF, give us a break ultimategpu. Go OC ur X9550 to 4Ghz.

shantanu

Technomancer
Phenom 9550 goes to 2.9ghz max.. with extra cooling but it goes rocker at that speed.. the temp was 53C at that level ...

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Thats not sustained frequency. But yes P4s haf gone to almost 7GHz (by some Italian overclocking team, I guess). Its not hard to believe considering how deep the P4 pipeline is.
p4 gereation Single core celerons have gone to 8 something Ghz from a default of 3. Don't know about the core though. :neutral:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
9550 may be a good overclocker but where does it stand when compared to E8400 and Q9300?

You know how good E8400 in overclocking

shantanu

Technomancer
compare the prices :) ,

then intel the base processors even touch 4ghz like 7200, so its fine.. and i agree to 8400 fact.. but what i come up with 9550 with all benchmarking, it rocks like hell and beats out many proccys from intel..

i recently had a article on black edition proccessors from AMD and a guy overclocked the 9750 or something like that to 4.3ghz.. not very sure where...

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Ya no doubt it was a kind of biased review

BTW Intel is still leading & time gonna tell the fate of AMD *files.myopera.com/Tamil/Smilies/Bang.gif

What ever you guyz say but unless Intel have nVidia they will be left behind *files.myopera.com/Tamil/Smilies/Danger.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom