AMD PHENOM FX(deneb 45nm) VS INTEL COREi7 (nehalem 45nm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
@desiibond why compare a 65nm procy with 45nm when oc'ing.that guy may shout foul.
even when u compare the oc'ing potentials of 9950 to Q6600 (both 65nms),the 9950 stands no chance in front of thye Q6600.

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
why do u say that Q6600 might not be good with 9950?u can easily oc a q6600 to 3.6-3.8GHz on air.the 9950 wont even do 3.5GHz stably on air.and the Q6600 @ 3.8GHz wud beat the 9950 into dark space.

shantanu

Technomancer
:p r u sure about that.. ?? coz i am not very sure.. i aint a AMD fanny, but i like the way it does perform.. if i leave OC behind.. at stock q6600 ??

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
at stock i wont be able to compare the Q6600 with a stock 9950, but i can tell u 1 thing,the q6600 is a lot better than 9850 BE even at stock.the 9850 BE is a piece of sh!t.bought a 9850BE + MSI K9A2-GM + HD 4870 a few weeks back.the 9850 BE managed to pi$$ me off so bad that i sold it off a week later.

OP
ultimategpu

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
why do u say that Q6600 might not be good with 9950?u can easily oc a q6600 to 3.6-3.8GHz on air.the 9950 wont even do 3.5GHz stably on air.and the Q6600 @ 3.8GHz wud beat the 9950 into dark space.

If u overclock Q6600 to 3.8 man u should have water cooled !!!

at stock i wont be able to compare the Q6600 with a stock 9950, but i can tell u 1 thing,the q6600 is a lot better than 9850 BE even at stock.the 9850 BE is a piece of sh!t.bought a 9850BE + MSI K9A2-GM + HD 4870 a few weeks back.the 9850 BE managed to pi$$ me off so bad that i sold it off a week later.

see 9850 B.E was the first TLB error proc comes with the 9500 , 9600 ---> 9550 & 9950 are the late proc TLB error cleared , dont buy any phenom BLACK EDITION especially the X4 ,,

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq

plz get ur facts correct 1st.a good 3rd part air cooling sol wud do u gud.i used to run my Q6600 oc'd to 3.8GHz on air 24/7

see 9850 B.E was the first TLB error proc comes with the 9500 , 9600 ---> 9550 & 9950 are the late proc TLB error cleared , dont buy any phenom BLACK EDITION especially the X4 ,,
FYI the 9850 BE that i had didnt hav the TLB bug.it was the latest.
i've understood that its no use replying to u.u just dont accept things as they r.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Where did u try it ?

OP
ultimategpu

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
plz get ur facts correct 1st.a good 3rd part air cooling sol wud do u gud.i used to run my Q6600 oc'd to 3.8GHz on air 24/7

FYI the 9850 BE that i had didnt hav the TLB bug.it was the latest.
i've understood that its no use replying to u.u just dont accept things as they r.

see i am having Both E8500 and AMD phenom 9550 ,, i can't that AMD is waste cause in other case than gaming AMD X4 9550 does better than E8500 , E8500 is great games futher multitasking its slower than AMD X4 9550

I am saying the fact that AMD is still giving VALUE FOR MONEY
getting core2extreme , we can make a whole gaming RIGS

@hellgate

1. See when u r telling about your 9850 BE "error" means u should be careful with your words ,,it gives problem to you only.so you should not tell the AMD is waste :mad:
  2. i still prefer AMD X4 9550 ,, for the good computing play & multi task .
  3. i too prefer INTEL too E 8500 for better gaming
  4. i never tell any proc is bad , if at all its giving me error means i ll tell my proc only bad not the AMD proc

sorry 9850 B.E is not TLB error , i thought it was 9800 sorry

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Dude, leave it.

AMD is the best. We come to THE conclusion that ultimategpu dreamt of. So, the purpose of the thread is finished!! Time to close it.

see i am having Both E8500 and AMD phenom 9550 ,, i can't that AMD is waste cause in other case than gaming AMD X4 9550 does better than E8500 , E8500 is great games futher multitasking its slower than AMD X4 9550

I am saying the fact that AMD is still giving VALUE FOR MONEY
getting core2extreme , we can make a whole gaming RIGS

@hellgate

1. See when u r telling about your 9850 BE "error" means u should be careful with your words ,,it gives problem to you only.so you should not tell the AMD is waste :mad:
  2. i still prefer AMD X4 9550 ,, for the good computing play & multi task .
  3. i too prefer INTEL too E 8500 for better gaming
  4. i never tell any proc is bad , if at all its giving me error means i ll tell my proc only bad not the AMD proc

sorry 9850 B.E is not TLB error , i thought it was 9800 sorry

ROFL :lol:.... ok, ok. People who buy Core 2 Extreme are not kids like you and me. They are either enthusiasts or heavy multi-taskers who need extreme power (Hence, the name 'Extreme'). QX9770 has the power which AMD CPU's cant even dream of.... atleast at this stage with the current product line :|. And about making 'a whole gaming RIGS'.... Enthusiasts who buy it, dont just play games on it.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Are you nuts???

Extreme cannot compete even with Athlon X2. Athlon is the king. Others are nothing.

AMD > Mercury > Intex > Tech-com > Zebronics > Meizu > Intel

(should be read as AMD better than Mercury. Mercury better than Intex......)

Someone should be happy now!!! :)

I would request the thread to be closed. It's useless and timewaste in going on with this discussion when one architecture is not available in the market yet and other is not even ready for manufacturing yet.

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Are you guys sure about the Deneb stuff? AFAIK, the engineering samples are not out yet.. So we cant say whether they can be OCed upto 7GHz or if they're anywhere close to i7.

shantanu

Technomancer
I have seen INTEL perform.. and i must say its pretty cool and very fast... :) ! whereas AMD had and has something i love about it.. i dunno why but i went to the dealer to buy a INTEL quad, but instead walked out with AMD Quad.. sometimes its personal preference.. but anyday INTEL can beat AMD hands on.. it might change with time, but who know.. one thing is sure that AMD is beating crap out of NVIDIA :D lol

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Dude, why dont you lock this thread. If you don't, the same thing will keep happening over and oner. Now, ultimategpu will come and say "but AMDs are quads core,,, ha ha ha :D:D". So it's better you stop this non-sense over here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom