AMD now worth less than it paid for ATI

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Come on Praka man, I am also anti DRM, I am with You, and I am against DRM everywhere not only in Vista or MS but in Apple, In multimedia, in ebooks and even in proprietary hardware. I support your anti DRM stand totally and I support open standards especially in hardware and gadgets!

I am not against a single company be it Apple or MS. I am against the murder of fair use that is done at the hands of these restrictive technologies.

x3060

A LOTR fan
i am with the DRM guys ;-). . i want to be rich ;-). i want to be evil , i want power . . cause with power , destruction follows .(be it self or other ).

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
goobimama said:
As for Praka and his DRM, I love it! At least one guy is willing to stand up against these DRMers. I bet you, in five years time, when everything is monopolised and DRM'ed, you guys will remember what the guy with the cat avatar said...
I second that and I support Prakash!! This one has stood against DRM no matter what. Just look at all his posts hafing the word: DRM and look at the replies. Everyone (including me, once I guess) haf criticized him on that. But he continues his war against DRM!

In the near future when DRM infuses in our daily lives we'll remember Prakash and his posts for sure :) If that happens, believe me, digital life would be hell! We may now not know its significance but once its implemented everywhere (yes, it'll soon be for sure!) we'll end up searching for cracks/work arounds to make copies of our own media!!!

AMD was the probably the first to announce DRM'd procs. Lets see what happens and how AMD gets outta this mess! Phenom was a blunder. But seriously even Pentium4 was (mebbe not as big as Phenom)!! But it sold well coz of great marketting strategies of Intel.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well the only thing i have against jeshtha's drm protest is that he has been blaming vista as the 1 who is the cause and promoter of drm where as vista has no choice or rather MS has no choice but to play with board room politics ....

he has never blamed amd for their drm procy plans nor has he cursed intel for their plans its just vista and MS just coz they acted first .... and i feel the reason behind that i think is he knows for vista there is an alternative but for amd and intel there is none its either intel or amd and if they both choose drmed procy's u will to deal with it

so using drm as a tool for spreading anti-MS sentiments is what im against ;)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Well iMav technically Vista is not the first, It was Apple (who was forced in case of iTMS but case of the hardware DRM chip in their computers, I guess they did it earlier than MS)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Batistabomb said:
we can always prefer AMD for gaming
With the Core micro architecture, Intel has blown AMD off! AMD is in the same state now as it was when selling the K6 chips.

AMD needs to come up with something of the K7 potential before it can hit Intel back.

praka123

left this forum longback
@imeow:IIRC,I had posted about AMD DRM menace also.I am against Vista and every DRM enforcers!particularly against Vista because i hate M$ enjoying monopoly with windows! :D
How to Explain DRM to Your Dad
*blog.wired.com/music/2007/02/how_to_explain_.html

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
Even k10 didnt perform as expected.
BTW yea if u want a low budget system get a AMD only..
Atleast it ll keep it alive..

narangz

Web developer
Yeah!!! Even I hate DRM. I am with praka123!!!

Nice article there, praka123. Easy to understand for Dad :D

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^dude nobody likes DRM,not the artist whose work is DRMed and sold and not the buyers who has paid for it and still can't use it as he wishes.Its a mess,utter mess!.

And yea prakash,Im with ya DRM gotta dieboy.Keep protesting and let others know what you're talking about.Awareness is the key.

@iMav:M$ is shoving DRM up our ***** through vista and I don't know why,I mean it gains nothing from it IMO.It did that just to counterattack apple's 'fairplay' things,cos M$ wants to get into media selling\distributing market(which is very lucrative).Why did at all M$ intruduced drm thingy in Zune when players like sony and others were doing without it comfortably?Simple, they wanted to kick off their Zune marketplace and they wanted all the studios to channel their content through their marketplace.So it was like look We got DRM in Vista and DRM in Zune,so your content in safe and cannot be pirated(?).
Now this is complete BS.M$ is making the life of end users hell for their small desires.

and this not only against M$ but for everybody who supports DRM.

Sukhdeep Singh said:
All day DRM DRM DRM, i dont know how many of us are actually have been affected with DRM till now

I have been affected.Don't ask me how.And soon enough you'll realize how bad it is(much sooner by looking at the no. of crazy companies working towards it).

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the day some 1 shoves something up my *** im gonna fart on their face ;) MS has not shoved anything up me i am not affected by drm and am not gonna be for a very long time ;) and u have been affected by drm :lol: ur talking abt the 3x3 .... can u tell me some other media player that allows u to transfer songs :?: and wtf are crying about u have the work around :)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^
can u tell me some other media player that allows u to transfer songs and wtf are crying about u have the work around
I wasn't talking about the transfer thingy actually but about the drm in M$ marketplace.forget it.

Now read out bolded quote.Why the hell implement DRM thingy at all if there are work arounds available?Stripping off drm isn't tough\complex at all.

This is going highly offtopic now,methink we should stop it here.Anyways you gotta agree the concept of DRM is faulty.Its mess actually.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
drm is courtesy music labels MS did not say that artists want it as iv said there closed door politics in such matters always ;) just coz a software can be pirated doesnt mean stop licensesing it :?

goobimama

 Macboy
Just coz a software can be pirated doesn't mean stop licensing it
Since the software can be easily pirated, why do all the DRM thing? Just give out licenses, so that a ethical person will go ahead and buy that license. DRM is just bothersome to the customer. The average pirate doesn't even feel a thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom