AMD Mantle API destroys Microsoft D3D

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Mantle API Vs. DirectX Thief Benchmarks

The benchmark results are pretty impressive.Mantle API is seems quite promising.

AMD’s Mantle brings 23% performance boost to Thief, TrueAudio impresses | ExtremeTech

Furthermore Mantle benefits systems with weak CPU's a lot and brings the FPS levels to strong CPU equipped systems.

Wonder when they will bring Mantle API support to non R series and mobile series GCN cards, my laptop has a non R series GCN card(8850m) and a I7 Ulv proccy, the exact kind of setup which will see a lot of performance increase in games with Mantle API support.

If you cannot compete, change the rules !!, way to go AMD !!.

As far as I am concerned AMD: 1, NVIDIA : 0 !

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Nvidia Boasts New Driver Surpasses AMD's Mantle in Games

Don't ever count Nvidia out.

With DX12 in the horizon, Nvidia's approach seems the right way to go.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

Nvidia's answer.

I am downloading thief as we speak to compete Nvidia vs AMD. :p because you know I have the privilege of owning both.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't ever count Nvidia out.

With DX12 in the horizon, Nvidia's approach seems the right way to go.

JINX.

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz

Nvidia's answer.

I am downloading thief as we speak to compete Nvidia vs AMD. :p because you know I have the privilege of owning both.

- - - Updated - - -

JINX.

Please read more carefully, AMD 8850M does not have Mantle API support at the moment(it is eligible though) so unless you have an R series card no point in doing this comparision !

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Please read more carefully, AMD 8850M does not have Mantle API support at the moment(it is eligible though) so unless you have an R series card no point in doing this comparision !

this thing is gonna take at least a month to download anyway so all I am gonna do is wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously though how much we gotta wait???

AMD:1 Nvidia:1

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
this thing is gonna take at least a month to download anyway so all I am gonna do is wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously though how much we gotta wait???

AMD:1 Nvidia:1

I dunno, only the desktop R series cards are supportes as of now.

In other news CRYTEK integrates MANTLE into CRYENGINE(CRYSIS 3)

Crytek Adopts AMD's Mantle API for CRYENGINE

AMD : YAY, NVIDIA : NAY !

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I dunno, only the desktop R series cards are supportes as of now.

In other news CRYTEK integrates MANTLE into CRYENGINE(CRYSIS 3)

Crytek Adopts AMD's Mantle API for CRYENGINE

AMD : YAY, NVIDIA : NAY !

Better drivers win imo. Lets see.
Then there's the DX12 bandwagon.
It'll be universal unlike Mantle.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
nvidia can also implement mantle right?

yes they can, but most likely they wont.. rival companies dont use each other's product.. But it would be nice if they accepted too.. AFAIK, Mantle is open source, so who knows may be they will go for it

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
yes they can, but most likely they wont.. rival companies dont use each other's product.. But it would be nice if they accepted too.. AFAIK, Mantle is open source, so who knows may be they will go for it

If that's the case then probably Nvidia would have let go their ego. IDK it may be bad for their reputation too.

Top Bottom