AMD Kaveri queries

gamerbloke

Broken In
So AMD Kaveri is an APU based on Steamroller... i want to know that
1) Will it beat FX-6300 for around same price?
2) Will there be CPU(no igpu) with Steamroller or AMD is now switching on APUs only?
3) Will wait for Kaveri till March 2014 be worth?

AnandTech Portal | AMD News: A10-6790K, 13.11 Beta6 Drivers, FM2+ Motherboards, Kaveri

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
1). Both are different technologies.For FX-6300 a GPU is a must.Whereas,KAVERI being an APU does not require so.As for price to performance ratio,KAVERI will be a little ahead.
2).As per latest news,AMD will continue to use piledriver arch. to its FX series,but KAVERI APU will have steamroller arch.Look at Hexus or X-Bit labs for more news.
3). Yes,better to wait.

OP
G

gamerbloke

Broken In
2).As per latest news,AMD will continue to use piledriver arch. to its FX series,but KAVERI APU will have steamroller arch.Look at Hexus or X-Bit labs for more news.

Seriously there wont be any Steamroller for FX series.... i was really hoping for FX-64XX! Can u provide the link for official statement?
(I will be definitely waiting for it)
And what about cores 4 or 6 for Kaveri?

OP
G

gamerbloke

Broken In
would there be any near rs8K??
main concern is Kaveri + 7750 will be able to tackle BF4 and GTA5? (coz 6300+7770 is really good)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would say better get FX 6300. There will be Kaveri cpu without gpu core but whether they will be available here or not is another question like AMD Athlon 740. Don't compromise on the gpu part to get the latest APu under the hood.

OP
G

gamerbloke

Broken In
Yr i wont be buying till March 2014 so i guess i will be having time to see what it has to offer. I really hope it proves to better than 6300, else there will be a sure price cut for 6300 so its a both side win situation!! :D :p

kg11sgbg

Yr i wont be buying till March 2014 so i guess i will be having time to see what it has to offer. I really hope it proves to better than 6300, else there will be a sure price cut for 6300 so its a both side win situation!! :D :p
Waiting for that to happen,praying for divine intervention.:lol:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah let's wait for the best .. but if we have a look at the history then the appearance of Bulldozer just ended the good old phenom II lineup. BD was not superior in performance front though at a much later time PD somewhat fixed this.

snap

Lurker
lol..... INDIAN mediocre mentality! trying to save every quid....:razz:

what i hate the most is when people get a whiff of some another countries culture and start to defame their own country, criticism is fine but downright vilifying is not. i know you said it in a jest but still:|

kg11sgbg

lol..... INDIAN mediocre mentality! trying to save every quid....:razz:
Buddy most of us are.I am a mediocre from a very middle level family,but I am not ashamed for this nor any regrets.
The catch is even the mentality of the so called industrialists are mediocre in nature.Exceptional species are there,as you belong to one of them.No offence taken.

what i hate the most is when people get a whiff of some another countries culture and start to defame their own country, criticism is fine but downright vilifying is not. i know you said it in a jest but still:|

+1,for this Friend.

OP
G

gamerbloke

Broken In
Buddy most of us are.I am a mediocre from a very middle level family,but I am not ashamed for this nor any regrets.
The catch is even the mentality of the so called industrialists are mediocre in nature.Exceptional species are there,as you belong to one of them.No offence taken.

Buddy exactly at what point did u felt that I wrote it because i was ashamed of it. I wrote that because i am from Middle class and on each n everything i try to save every buck possible, its my money so let me decide how i will spend it!! Why r u people felling offended??

YES, it was in jest and i know exactly where to disgorge these kind of things and where to not! (this is an Indian forum assuming only Indians are interested here so everyone knows what we are made of)
i seriously didn't meant to offend neone!! :)

kg11sgbg

^ O.K. Buddy,sorry for my mis-representations/misinterpretations.
Nothing personal to be at.
Let's drive back to the proper path,we were on.

kg11sgbg

When is Kaveri based laptops to be launched here in India?
Any news or idea Friends?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Unlike Llano Llano, Trinity and Richland, Kaveri will come 1st into Desktop market and then will make its way to Laptop market. So consider around February for Kaveri laptop launch. Now a days, Laptops ships to india pretty quickly after their international launch.

Omi

-=[-_-]=-
Companies Implementing APU platform have to get the quality a notch higher

I suggested all my friends with budget <40k AMD apu Laptops, The were very happy first playing games and getting tb's of storage at a lot less price than intel.

Then 3 of them reported severe heating issues (>80-90C) (in first 4-6 months), that's just insane temps, reseating the heat-sink did the job but usually leaves bad impression on the customer.
I had to convince them a lot to get AMD, they were just plain reluctant, (I even took guarantee for repairs myself) and issues like this just trash AMD's image further.

OP
G

gamerbloke

Broken In
Unlike Llano Llano, Trinity and Richland, Kaveri will come 1st into Desktop market and then will make its way to Laptop market. So consider around February for Kaveri laptop launch. Now a days, Laptops ships to india pretty quickly after their international launch.

What is ur view..... will Kaveri APU beat FX-6300 in gaming?

Top Bottom