amd k10(agena) beats intel QX 6800

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
here it is finally amd is back to its best

In Sandra multimedia benchmark Agena / Barcelona K10 2.5 GHz scores over 400.000 it/s (instructions / second) in integer test and about 300.000 it/s in floating point test. Yeah there are some Agena / Barcelona parts runing at 2.5 GHz at press time and we got the chance to share the scores with the world.

Intel's fastest QX6800 Quad core at 3 GHz scores about ~300.000 it/s in integer and ~180.000 it/s in floating point test.

So at least in multimedia stuff and this synthetic benchmark AMD's native quad core is 33.3 percent faster than Intel's fastest Quad core, while in the floating calculations it is a massive 66 percent faster.

The QX6850 with FSB 1333 might improve the situation a bit, but it won't be enough save the day. Intel needs to go much higher than 3 GHZ to match the 2.5 GHz K10 part.

Intel in trouble, code red

The new K10 based processors will really make Intel run for its money, at least till the end of the year. Just as Intel stole K8's mojo with Merom aka Core 2 Duo and quad, AMD is ready to finally fight back. It took them almost a year to prepare for the big clash.

Barcelona / Agena FX will beat Intel Core 2 Quad at 3.0 GHz+. Intel knows it and it is scared. Intel also knows that it cannot go over 3.0 GHz with 65 nanometre, at least not at 120 W TDP. Some reports already claim that QX6850 with FSB 1333 and 3 GHZ clock is already pushing the envelope as intel's 120W TDP is actually 150W+ at least on AMD's TDP scale. TDP stands for Thermal Design Power.

Intel needs to go over 3.0 GHZ to 3.2 or more to match Barcelona / Agena parts at 2.5 GHz. Intel knows that it needs to go to 3.2+ GHz and it needs the 45 nm Yorkfield core to match Agena 2.5 GHz.

Finally AMD should be able to make 2.7 if not even more with its 65 nm process. Intel has a good fighting chance with next the generation Nehalem core in the second half of 2008.

source : *www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=663&Itemid=35

source : *www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=649&Itemid=35

darklord

Cyborg Agent
People generally have a habit of highly underestimating AMD.;) Although this news is not CONFIRMED and just a rumour since these numbers are not from AMD,still they give a general idea as to how much performance gains we can expect.
This again shows that even with lesser cache on die, AMD can pull off exceptional performance. :))

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
AMD's processors never relied on Cache like Intel. It's the architecture that made Intel sweat for the past 3 years.

i_am_crack

HAF 922 Owner
I really do not know much but all i know is the end users are enjoying the game (fight) of titans..

My 2 cents

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Yes. But AMD is in deep trouble this year. They are trying to get loans to keep money their vallet. I read in some article that they are having severe budget issues. So, expect some layoffs,

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

they r havin budget issues,if they r able to launch k10 in time then i think all their budget issues will be over

gx_saurav said:
The real world benchmarks are not yet out

if synthetic benchmarks r 33-66 % better then real world benchmarks will definetly be better

Last edited:

eddie

El mooooo
I am not a fan of either Intel or AMD but do you guys really think that a site calling itself "FUD"zilla is a reliable source for info? :confused:

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

yes fudzilla is very reliable, ive been using it for a year, it also has the frree brosdband in india in 2009 news so i guess its authentic & the site owners name is faud abzovic so it is called fudzilla

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Intel has gained a very strong hold of the market with its conroe and post-conroe processors... AMD hafta work real hard to actually fight out.... even the probable release dates and prices for Barcelona is not yet out.... and Intel will slash prices of C2Q/C2D processors by a large margin by the end of this year.... also penryn benchmarks are outta there ..... !!!!!

Expect a return slashback frm Intel with some of its intriguing updates on processor development....

Pathik

Google Bot
well 4m wat i ve heard.. nehalem ll definitely better both the barcelona and agena cores..

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
well K10 is an architecture update and Dual cores will come with this architecture.We will be buying Dual Cores and Quad Core performance will somewhat give an idea of what to expect,thats what all the fuss is about :)

Edburg

In the zone
Nothing can be decided so soon.Remember a similar site said about Ati 2900XTX thrashing 8800GTX but now its proved that it is been the other way around.So can't really comment on this.

But i am an AMD fan and really like to see Barcelona thrash C2D.I think i the end there will be certain things better in Intel side and others on AMD.

And by the end of the year Peryn proccies in 45 nm is coming out with 6 MB cache and higher clock frequencies and SSE4 intruction set.And in third quater 2.4 Ghz quad core C2D will be $266 or 315$(not sure which one).
And in 2008 Nehalem with integrated memory controller will appear along with further enhancements.

So AMD has tough competiton to face even if its Barcelona is great.

assasin

Banned
yeah AMD will hafta pull off something very impressive to beat Intel's new proccies which will come by the end of this year.'newayz i wont be upgrading my mobo/proccy before 2008,so i'll be getting a clearer pic of the momentary winner by the time i upgrade.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Edburg said:
Nothing can be decided so soon.Remember a similar site said about Ati 2900XTX thrashing 8800GTX but now its proved that it is been the other way around.So can't really comment on this.

But i am an AMD fan and really like to see Barcelona thrash C2D.I think i the end there will be certain things better in Intel side and others on AMD.

And by the end of the year Peryn proccies in 45 nm is coming out with 6 MB cache and higher clock frequencies and SSE4 intruction set.And in third quater 2.4 Ghz quad core C2D will be $266 or 315$(not sure which one).
And in 2008 Nehalem with integrated memory controller will appear along with further enhancements.

So AMD has tough competiton to face even if its Barcelona is great.

ATI Radeon HD 2900XT is gonna launch now XTX is NOT.Once it is launched and a few couple of sites review and compare both cards,i will reserve my opinion or conclusion.

Nehelam is far off.I can say for sure,it hasnt even been taped out.So it is pointless to even talk about it now.And its for sure it wont be here till 2008 end so its long long away. :wink:

And Kentsfield based Q6600 will be @ 266$ but mind you, they run bloody hot.They are also called successors for Prescott :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom