amd k10(agena) beats intel QX 6800

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
assasin said:
yeah AMD will hafta pull off something very impressive to beat Intel's new proccies which will come by the end of this year.'newayz i wont be upgrading my mobo/proccy before 2008,so i'll be getting a clearer pic of the momentary winner by the time i upgrade.

Yeah. The only way that AMD can increase market is to turn the tables around. It should create a processor that could do what C2D did to X2.

Edburg

In the zone
darklord said:
ATI Radeon HD 2900XT is gonna launch now XTX is NOT.Once it is launched and a few couple of sites review and compare both cards,i will reserve my opinion or conclusion.

Nehelam is far off.I can say for sure,it hasnt even been taped out.So it is pointless to even talk about it now.And its for sure it wont be here till 2008 end so its long long away. :wink:

Yes u r right.Only 2900XT will launch now.Its performance is b/w 8800GTS and 8800GTX.The reason 2900XTX is not launched is that it offers no performance increase over XT model.Soon they will try to solve it and release at an later date.

Source:anandtech.com

And yes Nehalem is too long away.Just mentioned it competes with Barcelona in future.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Edburg said:
Yes u r right.Only 2900XT will launch now.Its performance is b/w 8800GTS and 8800GTX.The reason 2900XTX is not launched is that it offers no performance increase over XT model.Soon they will try to solve it and release at an later date.

Source:anandtech.com

And yes Nehalem is too long away.Just mentioned it competes with Barcelona in future.
XTX was postponed not because there isnt performance difference but because R600 @ 80nm is bleeding like a slaughtered pig.They are trying to fix it.Consider R600 to be happening with 65nm which includes XT too.80nm based launch for XT is just cos it has to be launched cos its too late. :)
REAL thing is with R650 that is 65nm ;)

Well Barcelona wont pit againt Nehelam.Yorkfield/Penryn will.I guess Montreal will pit against Nehelam. :rolleyes:
Atleast thats my guess :))

Edburg

In the zone
I saw a review on anandtech.com about the poor performance of XTX.Checkm out :*www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=7052

Regarding Nehalem i am not sure.I thought the AMd's competitor wont be a new architecture but a die shrink and few enhancements of the Barcelona K10 core.So i said like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom