AMD Gaming Rig around 45k

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming - Crysis, GTA IV, LOTR, Assasin's Creed, BF3, DIRT.
Work - AutoCAD 2012, 3DsMAX, Video Editing.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:Rs.45000 without monitor and HDD (Max-Rs.50000).

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Only if its safe and needed.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:None.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:I'm about to get one. Dell 20" LED. 1600x900 resolution.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: HDD & Monitor.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Q2

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Twice.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Trivandrum. Can buy locally.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Please don't suggest Intel. I want an AMD rig which is future proof. I have no plan to crossfire in future. Yesterday I posted here for an Intel rig configuration and overnight somthing came over me and I've changed into an AMD fan boy. So help me with this.

vaibhav

Right off the assembly line
Well amd is not good for gaming but i am gonna help anyways.
AMD 3.2 GHz AM3 Phenom II 1090T Processor- 9k
Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 4x2=8gb 3k
amd powercolor 6950 2gb dual fan- 16.5k
BIOSTAR A880GZ AM3+ -3.5k
Corsair builder series 600 Watts PSU 3.7k
Cooler Master Elite 311 Mid Tower Cabinet -2k
a ssd ( it makes a day and night experience) ADATA 500 Series 60 GB SSD - 6k

total
Well at that resolution 6950 2gb will max out all settings :wink:. The mobo is am3+ compatible so you can change processor to piledriver when they are released also it has sata III support. I saw all prices from flipkart. Make sure the ssd is sata III compatible one. 6950 2gb easily unlocks to 6970 2gb and is currently the 3rd best graphic card from amd and the cpu is also 6core and overclockable. This rig is insanely powerful and easily last atleast 3 years without any upgrade.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
In your previous thread, your budget was 55K. In that case, i5-2400 (11.5k) + H67 (6k) + HD 6950 motherboard made sense.

In this case, your budget is 45K. So, Phenom II X4 955 BE (5.8k) + Gigabyte 880GM-USB3 (4.5k) + HD 6950 makes sense.

As far as "future proofing" is concerned, none config is more future proof than the other. Just get the best whatever your budget is. That's the only way to futureproofing.

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
never ever think of a phenom processor with a cheap 3.5k motherboard.

ASUS M5A88-M / Asus M5A97 / Gigabyte GA-880GM
Which one is best for gaming? I'm planning to go for Phenom II 1090T. Is that a good option or should I wait for Piledriver?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
for gaming, none. GPU determines how games will run. get the Gigabyte one. at least you'll be tension free in case you ever need to give your board for warranty claims.

Nobody knows when Piledriver will be released or if it'll be late or worth the money. go for 1090T as it is worth the money for your job. for motherboard you may look for 990FX chipset based board.

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
I'm putting forward a trial configuration. Here it is

AMD Phenom II 1090T ~ 9100
Gigabyte GA-880GM ~ 5800
Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6850 ~ 10000
2 x G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB (1600MHz) ~ 3200
Cooler Master Elite 430 Black ~ 3200
Corsair GS600 ~ 4250
Asus DRW-24B3ST ~ 1150
Logitech MK200 ~ 700
F&D A-520 ~ 2000
Numeric 600 VA ~ 1800

Total ~ Rs.41200

>Is it good enough to play games maxed out on a 20" monitor?
>Motherboard good for overclocking (in future)?

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^^

For overclocking a Phenom II X6 1090T, Asus M5A97 @ 6200 should be the bare minimum.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
See, he has AutoCAD and 3dsmax listed there. 6 cores are better in that case.

Gaming at high resolutions is GPU limited, so all you need is a fast GPU and a fast enough CPU.

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^

For overclocking a Phenom II X6 1090T, Asus M5A97 @ 6200 should be the bare minimum.

Bare minimum? You say that its not good enough for overclocking? Could you mention some other budget boards good for overclocking? (Although I'm no planning to OC as soon as I buy)

for gamming, my vote is for intel setup ..

Not just blind gaming. I'll be using it for my work too. Anyway I'm not going for Intel. Thanks.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^^ I recommend Asus M5A97 PRO with Phenom II X6 1090T.

Asus M5A97 for X4. But you should go for the above.

Not just blind gaming. I'll be using it for my work too. Anyway I'm not going for Intel. Thanks.
lol..it's fine. But any particular reason for that? :)

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Haha, I know very well that even an i5-2400 can kick the ass outta this configuration. But still I prefer AMD. No specific reason, just my instincts:wink:

This is getting tight I guess.

1.Phenom II 1090T+Asus M5A97-PRO+Radeon HD 6850 ~ Rs.27200
2.Phenom II 970+Asus M5A97+Radeon HD 6950 ~ Rs.29000

Which one would be better?

Souro_Ray

In the zone
My gut feelings tell me that the 1090T and HD6850 would be better. Try to squeeze in an HD6870 at least, in the place of an HD6850. But this is just my opinion. If you can increase the budget by just a bit, go for the HD6870

Our forum member Cilus uses the Phenom II X6 1090T processor. You can PM him about how good that CPU is for multithreaded tasks at your budget

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Have anyone here OC'd 1090T on Asus M5A97? I'm thinking of going for a better GPU rather than spending money on the PRO version of the board. Is it good or what?

Souro_Ray

In the zone
^^ the ROG Crosshair Formula board is overloaded with enthusiast features. I'm pretty sure that the OP wont require so much power under his command :p

A good micro-atx board will be enough for him, as he is going for a single GPU set up..

Lets see what the senior forum members say. Dont jump to conclusions just yet! ;)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1.Phenom II 1090T+Asus M5A97-PRO+Radeon HD 6850 ~ Rs.27200
2.Phenom II 970+Asus M5A97+Radeon HD 6950 ~ Rs.29000

Which one would be better?

970 + Gigabyte MA880GM-USB3 + HD6950 :smile: but remember to overclock you'll need proper cooling for both processor as well as VRM.

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
So true. I can't extend my budget for a crosshair V or Sabretooth.

1090T+Asus M5A97+HD 6850+Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo is the maximum I can invest I guess.

Or else I'll have to put aside the plan of OC'ing and be contended with the stock performance.:-(

Top Bottom