AMD Gaming PC under 30K needed urgently

vsmesolution

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: High Performance games like COD, BF. Apps like CAD/CAM.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:Below 30,000 INR.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Haven't thought yet but probably won't.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows/Linux

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1TB WD Caviar Green 1TB WD10EARX @ 4247 INR

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 20" AOC LED @ 6588 INR

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Next weeks, around 20th December.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I will be assembling on my own. Have done many times but on old systems.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Himachal Pradesh. Will be buying each & every stuff Online. Local market is expensive.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

I have decided to buy AMD 3.1GHz AM 3 FX 8120 Processor. Its an 8 core processor @ 9844 INR.
Keyboard & Mouse Combo: Amkette Classic Duo USB 2.0 @ 427 INR. HDD: WD 10EARX 1TB @ 4247 INR.
DVD Writer: can't decide between LG GH24NS71/GH24NS72 Buffer Memory=2MB @ 1008 INR and Asus DRW-24B5ST, buffer memory: 1.5MB @ 1107 INR.
So far budget is around 22,100 INR. Still have 8K but trying to wrap it under 28K. 4GB RAM DDR3 needed.

Suggest some good motherboard,cabinet,PSU. Also graphic card 1GB. I know with GC budget might cross 30K but still please do suggest. I guess I haven't forgot anything. Remind me if any. :D

PS: All the price mentioned above are from Flipkart. As I'm preferring Flipkart to buy these.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Get an AMD Trinity based PC. Only change processor to A10 5800k(blows away any i3 in IGP gaming performance) which is available at Flipkart for Rs.8400 and this MSI A55 mobo for Rs.3500 click me

Pick up 4 GB DDR 3 at 1.3k max and for PSU go for Corsair CX430v2.

And IMO CM Elite 310 is enough to house these components (available for less than 2k)

Neo

A10 - 5800k
MSI A55 at 3.5k/ Asus A85X @5.6k from smc
Gskill Ripjaws 8gb(4gb*2) ddr3 1600mhz @ 2.7k from primeabgb
NZXT Source 210 Elite/Gamma @2.7k
Corsair CX430V2 @2.7k
WD Blue @ 3.5k / Green @ 4.2k
Asus Optical Drive @1.1k

Invest good in RAM since the iGPU of A10 is memory hungry. And it blows away any entry level dGPU. In other words, any dGPU you get under 4k ;)

You can cut down the prices at the PSU, but cx430 is good, in case you add a dGPU later on.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
For memory, I think OP should opt for Corsair vengenace 4GB X 2 2100 MHz CL10 module. It is observed that both Piledriver and Bulldozer get a performance increase with high speed Ram. In case of 5800K, there will be increase in gaming performance as the IGP uses the system ram and higher speed ram increases the memory bandwidth for the IGP, resulting better graphics performance.

Neo

^^Well, I would have suggested that as well, but considering the limited budget, I suggested 1600Mhz.
So if the OP can afford, then Corsair Vengeance Red 8GB Desktop Memory definitely makes a better choice. Also, it can be easily OC'ed to 2400Mhz or CM10, not sure about CL9.

OP
V

vsmesolution

Broken In
Thanks to all. For the suggestion. It was very helpful.

I had bought the following:

Processor: AMD 3.6 GHz AM3 FX4100 Processor

Graphic Card: Gigabyte AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6670 2 GB DDR3 GV-R667D3-2GI Graphics Card

Monitor: AOC 20 inch LED - E2043FSK Monitor

Ram: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9)

Internal Hard Drive: WD Caviar Green 1 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (WD10EARX)

Keyboard: Amkette Xcite Combo PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse Combo.

Now I gotta buy Motherboard.

Please suggest some motherboard as cheap as possible, keeping quality in mind.

Though I found the mobos on flipkart for AM3 socket but all have PCIe slots 2.0 while Graphic have 2.1. Will it create any problem?

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Mention the budget for the motherboard.
Asus M5A97 ~6.6k should be good for you.

All PCIe revisions are compatible.No issues with PCIe slots.

Top Bottom