AMD casual Gaming rig

bhoolkumehul

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Home use and Games like Battlefield 3,crysis 3 and yet to come games

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:50k +2

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Yes Full HD with HDMI 22''

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:keyboard,mouse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:next week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Surat, Gujarat

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Strictly AMD config with 6 core or 8 core

i need altleast 3-5 years future proof and if in this budget intel work better than will think about it.

sbnaul

Broken In
AMD FX 8350 - Rs 11.7k
Asus M5A97 - Rs 6.7k
Sapphire HD 7850 2GB GDDR5 - Rs 13.5k
Corsair GS500 - Rs 4.1k
Toshiba 1TB - Rs 4.3k
G.Skill RipjawsX(1600MHz) 4GB - Rs 1.8k
Dell S2240L 22" ( 1920 x 1080 IPS LED) - Rs 9k
Cabinet - CM Elite 311+ - Rs 2k
OPD - Samsung SH-S 223F - Rs 0.9k

Total - Rs 54k

Last edited:
AMD FX 8350 - Rs 11.7k
Asus M5A97 - Rs 6.7k
Sapphire HD 7850 2GB GDDR5 - Rs 13.5k
Corsair GS500 - Rs 4.1k
Toshiba 1TB - Rs 4.3k
G.Skill RipjawsX(1600MHz) 4GB - Rs 1.8k
Dell S2240L 22" ( 1920 x 1080 IPS LED) - Rs 9k
Cabinet - CM Elite 311+ - Rs 2k
OPD - Samsung SH-S 223F - Rs 0.9k

Total - Rs 54k

Replace elite 311 with NZXT Gamma.

sbnaul

Broken In
yup... The NZXT Gamma would be a better choice considering its meagre price difference...

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
yup, NZXT Gamma is one great cabinet. Paying slightly more for it is worth it. That's what I did as well.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Those threads are misleading and mostly posted by Fan boys. Ignore. FX-8350 is almost as good as i5 3570K in 1080P gaming and better in Multi-Threaded tasks.

OP
B

bhoolkumehul

Broken In
8350 is 125w cpu than will it generate more heat? in my city april/may will hotter like 42c than will it run safely in this condition?

8350 is 125w cpu than will it generate more heat? in my city april/may will hotter like 42c than will it run safely in this condition?
Yes it will generate more heat, especially when overclocked. You should setup fans in all slots of cabinet. Just confirm which cabinet will you be buying so we can suggest a config.

OP
B

bhoolkumehul

Broken In
Then can i go for 95w 6 core 6100 or 6300

Cooler master

I wont overclock, but stock cooler has copper heatpipe, which is not enough?

Cilus

laborare est orare
The stock cooler that comes with AMD 8 Core FX processors are of very good quality. In Bhubaneswar, at summer, the temperature sometimes reaches 48 degree C and I have experience with the stock cooler. They are okay if you don't overclock.

Top Bottom