AMD Athlon II X4 630 high prime95 temp

guru_urug

iGoogle
I have a amd athlon II x4 630 procy (stock) wid msi 785gm e51 mobo.
I ran prime95 test (blend) and checked the temperatures...to my surprise the temp reached 67 deg celsius!! I read the max thermal envelope for this procy is 71... is there something wrong with my setup?

idle temp is around 33-36deg
also I have used a basic thermal paste, worth 10 bucks.
cabby is nzxt gamma..

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Ur temps r good:meditate:
R u using zeb 450W to power athlon II x4 630 & 9800gt??:glass-disagre:

If so, consider changing ur PSU ASAP.....
Else ur PSU wil eat the GPU :fishwhack:

OP
guru_urug

guru_urug

iGoogle
@mailme.manju - The 9800gt is low power and doesnt have ext power connector....If I must change the PSU then please recommend a reasonable one arnd 1k.

@sam - now as im typing the temp is showing around 33-35 deg cel, last night just to put some load on cpu I compressed 4 iso files to a .rar with best compression,while watching a dvd quality movie,and also bittorrent download. The temp went upto 49 deg and avg arnd 47-48. The ambient temp of my room is also high also it is hot outside...Im planning to shift the pc to another room.

Also what are your views on psu?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@mailme.manju - The 9800gt is low power and doesnt have ext power connector....If I must change the PSU then please recommend a reasonable one arnd 1k.

@sam - now as im typing the temp is showing around 33-35 deg cel, last night just to put some load on cpu I compressed 4 iso files to a .rar with best compression,while watching a dvd quality movie,and also bittorrent download. The temp went upto 49 deg and avg arnd 47-48. The ambient temp of my room is also high also it is hot outside...Im planning to shift the pc to another room.

Also what are your views on psu?

if its below 50. its absolutely ok. nothing to worry.

about PSU, save (1k more) & get FSP Saga II 400W. don't waste money getting some 1k iBall Splinter, Zebronics Platinum or VIP Gold or similar PSU.

MegaMind

Human Spambot

If u dont need the PSU to be future proof,
Get Fsp saga II 350w - 1.4K...
thats the min. u should get

Top Bottom