AMD Athlon II 445 freezes after core unlock

Soumik

Padawan
Hi,

I just got a AMD X3 445 and a gigabyte 740G mobo. After installing everything .. it was running fine. Just sound wasnt coming, so after using and chking stuff, i installed the sound driver and restarted.
In between i clicked on some gigabyte utility to unclock core and i clicked enable, then cancelled it. Now that i restart, i am seeing that the core got unlocked and its showing Phenom II X4 B45, but the problem is that its stuck at the start screen where it detects the hardware.
Can somebody please tell me how to fix this??? :(

Rajesh345

Youngling
Hi,

I just got a AMD X3 445 and a gigabyte 740G mobo. After installing everything .. it was running fine. Just sound wasnt coming, so after using and chking stuff, i installed the sound driver and restarted.
In between i clicked on some gigabyte utility to unclock core and i clicked enable, then cancelled it. Now that i restart, i am seeing that the core got unlocked and its showing Phenom II X4 B45, but the problem is that its stuck at the start screen where it detects the hardware.
Can somebody please tell me how to fix this??? :(

*www.pureoverclock.com/images/review/motherboards/gigabyte_890fxaud7/gigabyte_890fxaud7_bios7.jpg

disable unlocker in bios i think

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
I am not able to go to the BIOS. In the first screen it shows the option to go to bios or expressrecovery or boot options, but the keyboaard becomes unresponsive immidiately. ;( I tried booting with a bootable disk but no use. The first screen gets stuck each time. Please help :(
Itried stupid stuff like taking out the mb baterry and putting it back, and taking out the processor and putting it back again, but nothing worked...
Please help me someone. :(

Is there anywa to reset the BIOS or disable core unlockers through hardware? any key on the mb to rest it? :S
or may be audio device problem??? not likely :S

Every tym i try to hit del(bios set up) or end(something called qflash) the screen glows up with the message prepare to enter setup/rn qflash utility... but it just doest get past the first black screen with HW info :(

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Remove and replace the battery on motherboard or use the bios jumper to reset the bios.

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
Thanks Faun... :) I did exactly that. :
Unplugged the power
unplugged the battery
Put a jumper on the CMOS_CLR pins
pressed the power button to flush off the remaining power.
Waited 30 sec.
removed jumper
put the baterry back
plugged in power.
And voila.. system booting with default settings.. back to normal... :)

Top Bottom