Amd 8750m driver problem

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
my friend has a laptop . the model is NP300E5V-S02IN with win 7 64 bit ULTIMATE.
It has two graphics chips. One from INTEL and other from ATI.
From the provided software by SAMSUNG i have installed the AMD GRAHICS DRIVER. But it is coming as follows.

*i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t531/KOUSHIKBISWAS888/GPUDRIVER1_zps9e42f7e3.png

CPU-Z shows the following

*i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t531/KOUSHIKBISWAS888/GPUDRIVER2_zps2b2541cd.png

and GPU-Z Shows this

*i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t531/KOUSHIKBISWAS888/GPUDRIVER3_zpsf093bab1.png

when i am trying to open CATALYST CONTROL CENTRE(CCC) from Desktop it shows:

*i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t531/KOUSHIKBISWAS888/GPUDRIVER4_zpsc9888cbf.png

why is this happening. On running a CRYSIS 3 7 WONDERS VIDEO pics are not upto the mark. it is becoming slightly pixelates in full screen mode with 1366x768 resolution. Any suggestion? i have even tried to install latest driver from DEVICE MANAGER but it says it has already the latest driver.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Samsung must have provided an utility called Software Update with the laptop(if not pre-installed then download from Samsung site). Use this utility to find the latest graphics drivers.

Don't download the ones from Samsung or AMD site. The one on Samsung's site is outdated. Switchable graphics won't work if downloaded from AMD's site.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Yes the given CD with the laptop is SOFTWARE UPDATE where all the required software are given. There are two graphics software.
One is "Graphics Software" and the other is "AMD Graphics Software". I have installed the later with internet on.When it gets installed i found the 1st PIC in Device Manager with the yellow mark. In Tom's HW someone has written that Samsung has disabled the AMD graphics. In BIOS(phoenix) also nothing has been given regarding GRPAHICS CHIPSET.

SunE

Professional Newbie
I read from somewhere(probably Tom's, don't remember exactly) that there is an actual application called "Software Update" that comes as bloatware on Samsung laptops with Windows. Use this application to find and install the latest update. Don't do it from the CD.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
the lappy comes with FREE DOS. So i have to install OS SEPARATELY. So the only option left is CD. and when i am running this my internet is on so that it can draw the necessary things from there. The software update version is 2.1.15.1

Is there no user of SAMSUNG lappy with this graphics chip in TDF!!!

Last edited:

SunE

Professional Newbie
NP300E5V - DOWNLOADS | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG

Go to the above page. There should be 2 tabs on your left namely "Manuals" and "SW Update". Click on "SW Update" and click on the blue "Download" button that appears. It should download a 21 MB file. Install that and then using that update your video drivers. It should solve your problem.

Also make sure that you install both the AMD drivers and Intel HD drivers, otherwise switchable graphics won't work.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
thanks for the info. Now what should be the order of installation for the graphics?

1)INTEL
2)AMD

OR

1)AMD
2)INTEL

the process i am following:

1) unzip SWM
2)install SW UPDATE
3)Install GRAPHICS DRIVER.
4)RESTART
5)Install AMD GRAPHICS DRIVER.
RESTART.

Last edited:

SunE

Professional Newbie
Well dunno about while installing but you obviously need internet to be on to download it :p

What's the harm in keeping it on anyways right?

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
its not about HARM or NO HARM, i am just confirming the process. ok, i have started. will let u know once it is finished.

installed. following are the updates:

1)
*i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag89/avichandana2000/GPUDRIVER5_zps4ec5cb57.png

2)*i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag89/avichandana2000/GPUDRIVER6_zpsf79cde6a.png

3)*i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag89/avichandana2000/GPUDRIVER7_zpsb3b17e2e.png

4)
*i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag89/avichandana2000/GPUDRIVER8_zps110dc368.png

now what to do? i mean how to activate the AMD GRAPHICS?

Status updated

Last edited:

SunE

Professional Newbie
Well now it seems to be working so congrats! To use the AMD GPU kindly click on "Configure Switchable Graphics". Browse and select on the *.exe of the program you want to run and make sure it is set to High Performance mode.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for the support.

So that means it will not always use AMD GRAPHICS by default from START to SHUTDOWN for everything like a desktop.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Yes that's how most laptops operate these days. Switchable graphics from AMD and Optimus from nVidia. They help save battery life and power consumption and prevent heating by using the GPU just for the things that require a discrete GPU.

akii17kr

Journeyman
bro i am interested in buying this same laptop which your friend has but couldn't find any review
If anybody have buyed this Laptop Please leave a review or you can give suggestions regarding this laptop
Thanks
you can use from the friend and can simply ask him hows the laptop and tell me here..
Samsung NP300E5V-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

thanks

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
crysis2 is not getting installed. Nothing happens after clicking Autorun.exe. or EASETUP.EXE

is this lappy eligible for playing crysis 2 at all?

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
crysis2 is not getting installed. Nothing happens after clicking Autorun.exe. is this lappy eligible for playing crysis 2 at all?

Nope C2 can even be played on HD 3000..
It's software issue. Is it Original or "y u kno bro" version ??
Try running in compatibility mode. (Which ver of windows are u using??)

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Though its the second one it gets intalled in my pc and several other pcs also and running fine. This lappy is having win 7 ultimate64 bit

Top Bottom