Amazon Web Services

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Can I set up a web forum (Simple Machines Forum), in Amazon Web Services?
If so, then how? Please help, before tuesday (16 Oct 2012 )

It is very important that I am able to show the forum in school on 17th...

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
You dont really need Amazon to just get started. Good free hosts like 000webhost more than enough for starters. Got a dmain name already?

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
You dont really need Amazon to just get started. Good free hosts like 000webhost more than enough for starters. Got a dmain name already?

it is not good. It keeps suspending my account :mad: .
The last time it said that your account sent 1000 mails and gets no visitors (tell me how is that possible on a forum, sending mails, but not getting any traffic).
Now, when I went to the cPanel, it informed me that there would be service outage of one hour. So, I went to my forum (which I need to showcase to the parents at my school exhibition on 17th Oct 2012) and posted the info as an announcement, which made it send mails to the 22 members.

Shortly after that, I got a mail from 000webhost that my account has been suspended because it sent mass mails. It asked me to contact the staff, explaining what happened. So I went and raised a ticket. There was a notice that the problem will be replied to in 24 Hours.
It has been 26Hours, 37 Minutes and 48 seconds, with no reply from the staff...

I really need to show this at the exhibition, or the school principal is going to screw me....

OK, somebody replied to my ticket and has unsuspended my account. Maybe I was to anxious....

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Regarding sending too many emails, has there been a join flood of any sort? Also what is the forum running on?
Something I found on Amazon *aws.amazon.com/free/

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
forum is running on SMF.
Not a join flood, I started an announcement thread, informing the 22 members that forum will be down for an hour because the hosting providers were upgrading their systems...

Top Bottom