Discussion: Amazon.in watch thread

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
We have a thread watching Flipkart and is useful. Similarly this thread for watching Amazon.in which in my view is a good alternative to Flipkart.

-----------------

At the outset I would like to say that to-date I have ordered 3 items from Amazon.in and the experience is as follows :

1. A pull tab cover for my Xperia ZR - This was my first purchase and was promptly delivered and I am happy with the service.

2. Lava Iris X1 - There was a delay of 2+ days from expected shipping but finally it did reach its target within promised time. I am OK with it.

3. A CPU fan for my ageing desktop AM2 processor. This has been cancelled unilaterally by seller. I paid 75 Rs exclusively towards shipping a 200 Rs product. Seller calls me in the evening saying that his courier Overnite does not deliver to my PIN code. (why was this allowed in the first place?) And when I say that BlueDart, Professional and DTDC are all capable of delivering it to me he said he will enquire. Then I get an email from Amazon.in saying my order has been cancelled. When I call up the incoming number he says they charge for a weight of 3 kg for a 350 g shipment hence he cannot afford it.
I have to talk to my local agents and verify this. But overall I am unhappy with the way things turned out here.

My cousin in Bangalore has very good words to say regarding Amazon.in and is very happy with them.

What do others say about them?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
I have nothing but praise for Amazon... Consistently delivers products before the estimated delivery day for me, considering I live in a somewhat remote place of India!!! :)

I have placed 5 orders with them:

1. Western Digital Elements 2TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Disk (Black)

2. Sandisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-I 64GB Class 10 Memory Card

3. SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive

4. Denon AH-C260 In-Ear Headphone (Black)

5. Asterix - Box Set of 34 Titles

In fact, the Asterix Box Set was a pricing error and they had mistakenly put up the price as Rs. 999 only but, to my great delight, Amazon honoured the order!!! :-D :cool:

5 stars from my side for Amazon!!! :-D

SunE

Professional Newbie
Ordered a USB 3.0 cable for my WD HDD on 24th June. Estimated was 2-4 days. Got a mail saying that there will be a delay and I'll receive it by 30th. But got it today. So a bit of misinformation perhaps but hassle free in the end. This was my first purchase.

@OP good initiative to start this thread. Didn't know why it didn't exist before in the first place. God job! :)

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Amazon has been great for me too. Prompt delivery. Have ordered books and tech accessories from them.

Top Bottom