Amazon.in launched

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
I am skeptical about Amazon's success here because of the numerous hurdles in the form of 'humans'. Not much will affect the metro cities but its the Tier 2 cities & below & especially in less developed states (up/bihar etc) that there will be cases where packages might get lost and all of that. Though at present , things don't look like such as flipkart/hs18 have survived in making sure the package reaches the doorstep in good condition but I think its a matter of time the offline retailers/courier personnel find some nexus & ruin this sector. Indians are the most corrupt/thieves of them all. :sad:
It works like this AFAIK
Seller(only the ones fullfilled by amazon) sends their package to amazon mumbai they pack it and send it to you(its the same in USA)

Amazon should have like completly started a new company here,maybe that time they could retail here?

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
It works like this AFAIK
Seller(only the ones fullfilled by amazon) sends their package to amazon mumbai they pack it and send it to you(its the same in USA)

Everything sounds so sweet at the start, that's a rule of nature created by Humans :rofl:.

I just came from a local original Adidas showroom & didn't buy anything coz the shopkeeper scratched the price tag & sold items with price listed Rs. 799 at Rs. 899. (the 7 was clearly visible)

Once they become established players then we'll see what 'offers' they have for us. (already 50rs charge for <500, it was expected though)

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Damn, too early to be excited :(
I was hoping we could get those GTX 660s they sell on main website for 150$ for same price plus shipping and tax:/

What makes you think they're exempt from customs and excise duties?

Open amazon UK or some of the european sites and you will be shocked at how much more expensive things are compared to the amazon US and usually amazon CA prices.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
But for some reason Junglee is still there.
And there will be Indian sellers at Amazon. So don't get so much excited.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
But for some reason Junglee is still there.
And there will be Indian sellers at Amazon. So don't get so much excited.

I agree, Indians will make this e-commerce sector another place for exploiting people & after sometime , some mafia will gain hold of this & ruin it. :devil:

raksrules

Youngling
So..Kindle Paperwhite should be officially available in few days , i hope

Probably not. It is amazon product and it might be available through some other sellers on amazon.in but not "sold by amazon" because of the FDI rules.

So should I wait for Amazon.in to launch Mobiles or should I go ahead with the purchase of Pantech Burst at iBhejo.com ? :confused: :confused:

You should not expect Pantech burst to be available on amazon. Its only available on ebay i suppose in India else you need to order from US site.

I hope everyone understands that amazon.in going live does not magically mean everything available on amazon.com will start appearing here. In fact it will never come (unless government changes ecommerce FDI rules). You will still get the same things you are getting on flipkart / hs18 / snapdeal etc etc.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Probably not. It is amazon product and it might be available through some other sellers on amazon.in but not "sold by amazon" because of the FDI rules.

You should not expect Pantech burst to be available on amazon. Its only available on ebay i suppose in India else you need to order from US site.

I hope everyone understands that amazon.in going live does not magically mean everything available on amazon.com will start appearing here. In fact it will never come (unless government changes ecommerce FDI rules). You will still get the same things you are getting on flipkart / hs18 / snapdeal etc etc.

In the near future, Govt. WILL change FDI & ecommerce + other economic rules,due to International pressure.

Meanwhile,we have to WAIIIITTTTTT.....

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^^That's it commander,you have RIGHTLY spoken all of our inner words.

Hey commander nothing personal please:---> "Though I am happy to be your brother...as I am already much above your's SON'S age :wink:"

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Once a site started with only selling books. It was called, "Flipkart".
Today Amazon.in started with books!

Can FK feel the pressure? Would be interesting to see the prices at FK after Amazon.in brings in more products. :D

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^ Nice info.. @Vyom..
didn't knew that..

and flipkart will be having "whatever small it may be" dip in their sales from Day 1

^^That's it commander,you have RIGHTLY spoken all of our inner words.

Hey commander nothing personal please:---> "Though I am happy to be your brother...as I am already much above your's SON'S age :wink:"

this, my friend, is called COMPLEX comment :wink:
:D

Top Bottom