Amarok 2 Released : KDE 4 Media Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
*img229.imageshack.us/img229/4621/logotb4.png​
"In the beginning" - Amarok 2.0 released
Now Available for MAC OSX and Windows​

Amarok the KDE audio player has released its first stable release for KDE 4 platform.. Amarok 2 has introduced great new features and comes with a facelift. .Since KDE 4 has introduced plethora of new technologies, Amarok 2 focuses to thrives on the same providing a rock solid Audio Experience..

*www.imgx.org/files/27499_bq4w8/AmarokSmall.png​

After two years of development, Amarok Team is proud to announce that Amarok 2 has arrived. This arrival is just the beginning.,This new version brings with it a lot of changes:

1. Completely redesigned user interface
  2. Tight integration with online services such as Magnatune, Jamendo, MP3tunes, Last.fm and Shoutcast
  3. Completely overhauled scripting API and plugin support to allow better integration into Amarok
  4. Migration from the KDE 3 to KDE 4 framework, and utilization of core technologies such as Solid, Phonon, and Plasma

*www.imgx.org/files/27504_e5hoc/Now%20Playing%20Small.png *www.imgx.org/files/27502_fvas3/Last%20fmSmall.png​

It is important to note that Amarok 2.0 is a beginning, not an end. Because of the major changes required, not all features from the 1.4 are in Amarok 2. Many of these missing features, like queueing and filtering in the playlist, will return within a few releases. Other features, such as visualizations and support for portable media players, require improvements in the underlying KDE infrastructure.

*www.imgx.org/files/27500_hk1cr/Amarok%202Small.png​

Download : Download - Amarok Wiki
Home Page ; Amarok | Rediscover your music

P.S : Installed and working fine ..Every Major distro has updated their repositories,, Make sure to install after removing older version.. If you are using KDE 4.1.2 you will face Amarok plasma problem updating to KDE 4.1.3 fix everything...

Mandriva users please remove phonon-gstreamer and install phonon-xine .. Some of the file cannot be player by phonon-gstreamer while using KDE player..

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Nice final release. I hope the default (at least) Plasma widgets are not so buggy in it now. Won't be trying it right now though, the last try I gave to some beta or rc was enough an experience. MPD's my favorite choice, low on resources and features too. But as a perfect music player, none can beat Amarok.

Now to see how Exaile tries to catch up, haha! :p

Rahim

Married!
Yes i am refrring to that middle area....i dont use any widget and its quite inconvenience to drag and drop tracks from Collection to the Now Playing List.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
I just don't like Amarok :s
Its pretty hard to use compared to songbird, rythmbox and winamp. I mean uneasy thing and twisted interface.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I just don't like Amarok :s
Its pretty hard to use compared to songbird, rythmbox and winamp. I mean uneasy thing and twisted interface.
I'm guessing its the library interface? Cause Winamp, Rhythmbox and Songbird all share the same kind of library with 3-4 boxes listing various kinds of tags each. Amarok's library is more of the expanding kind, I guess that would take some time to get used to.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
But do try this new interface out. Its not what it just looks like in the screen-shots, there's nice menus floating up just as you start to drag the music. Those certainly help in creating better play-lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom