AM3 Board with USB3.0 & SATA 6Gbps for ~5k

saz

Journeyman
Hi All,

I am planning to upgrade system with a total budget around ~18k(its for: processor, ram, motherboard, PSU, cabinet). All the components have already been shortlisted as below:

AMD Phenom II X4 955BE
GA-880GM-UD2H
Gskill Ripjaws 2GB X 2 1333Mhz
Crosair cx400w
Cooler Master 430

My original choice was GA-880GMA-UD2H, but its not available currently. I need some suggestion on a good AM3 board with USB 3.0 and SATA 6GBps support. I found a alternate option MSI 870A-G54, but is this board currently available? and wanted to know its feedback if any one is using this board. The MSI one is an ATX board where as GA-880GM-UD2H is a mATX board.

Also, what is the main difference b/w 870 and 880 series board? Is it only the Integrated graphics processor (IGP) extra on 880 series?

I want to spend ~5k on the motherboard, so please suggest a decent alternative. I am going to buy my components within 2days.

Thanks in Advance.

OP
saz

saz

Journeyman
Actually I was looking for that MSI board ( MSI 870A-G54) after going through this:
Chip - India's Most Trusted Guide To Gadgets And Technology > Versatility With Value > Buying Guides > Hardware > Motherboard

But was not sure if its available in market.

Vickyrealcool

Broken In
What is the use of your system? You should downgrade your cpu and go with 880ga ud3h if u want usb3 & sata3, and below 5k gigabyte & asus board is not available with usb3 & sata3. With 880gma board u can not use long graphics card as it blocks sata port.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
You can go for GA-880GM-USB3. It has USB3 but not SATA3.

You don't need SATA3.

Component | Model | Price | Comment
CPU
|Intel i5 2400|9.5k|This is so much better than 955BE
Mobo |Intel DH67BL B3|5.5k|
RAM |Gskill Ripjaws 2GB 1333Mhz|1.1k|Add 2GB later
PSU |FSP SagaII 500W|2k|
Cabinet |CM Elite 310|1.5k|
Total || 19.6k |

Last edited:

vinayan

Broken In
MSI 880GMA-E45 costs 5200 only..
has both usb3 and sata 6gbps..i bought it recently from delta peripherals ,chennai

saswat23

Human Spambot
saz,
go with Ishu's config. It will give way better performance than any AMD proccy out there. 2k more for sure but really worth it. No better configs available than this under 20k. Its the best.

Ishu,
Wonderful!! Sqeezed a powerful config under 20k.

J

Joker

note:

go for Corsair CX400 only....FSP saga II 350w has short cables which means problems with bottom PSU mount cabinets.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
joker thanks for mentioning it here. ishu edit it to elite 310 or psu to cx400w.

also saga II 500w is just 0.6k more ishu. put it if you put a cm elite 310.

pegasus

Journeyman
Just outside 5K, SB850, ATX and a good option for those who will be buying a good graphics card anyways-
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 AMD Motherboard - TheITWares

OP
saz

saz

Journeyman
Hi everyone,

My purchase got delayed by a week, so I am now going to buy my components this saturday from Nehru Place. Can anyone enlighten me on the expected prices for the following items?

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE
GA-880GM-UD2H or GA-880GM-USB3

Also, it would be helpful if u can suggest me shops that offer best price. I was orignally planning to buy from SMC/CostToCost/Computer Empire.

Thanks in Advance

OP
saz

saz

Journeyman
@Jaskanwar: Thanks!

And any suggestion on reliable shops offering best prices in NP or SMC/CostToCost/Computer Empire are good enough?

vinayan

Broken In
joker thanks for mentioning it here. ishu edit it to elite 310 or psu to cx400w.

also saga II 500w is just 0.6k more ishu. put it if you put a cm elite 310.

Saga II 500 cables are not that long..i mounted my DVD drive on the top slot and Hard disk on the topmost HDD bay in my CM Elite 310.but the cables are stressed to maximum..

OP
saz

saz

Journeyman
Does any one has feedback on the performance of Asus M4A88T-M/USB3, and is this motherboard easily available and what is the approx price? As now I only want a motherboard to have USB 3.0 slots SATA 3.0 not required.

Top Bottom