Am I a terrible CS 1.6 player gone worse or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well I know it's silly from me to ask this but still I wonder!
The thing is for last two nights one of my friend and I were playing CS 1.6 online. And on both days he defeated me quite badly! It was a 50 round match yesterday and he killed me more than 30 times! But that's NOT the thing bothering me, I'm a terrible CS 1.6 player anyway. But that guy, I mean my friend, he was way more than terrible than me, couldn't even shoot near somebody last time I played with him, and that same guy is killing me like nothing. So I just wanna confirm, has he gone WAY better or have I gone totally nonsense?
He creates server every time and I get above 30 latency while he gets 10 or below. It's not that this thing is bothering me but I wanna know. I never liked CS 1.6 cartoon and never played it seriously unlike CS:S. But the question remains, am I bad gamer? Or am I an idiot thinking about these crap? I take excessive pressure in work all day but at night (late night) when I play, I play, you know what I mean.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Lolz you talk funny :p , maybe he got a better mouse and headset or maybe you are out of luck.
And yeah play games to remove stress rather than increasing it.

Krow

Crowman
You're an idiot to think about this crap. It's just a game and he got better with practice. Next time, you create a server.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Thanks guys. Well very few people have better mice and KB than me :p and let alone him, he just uses a cheap Logitech mice and KB. And I can't create a server, as I can't figure out how to enable port forwarding on my router, yet.
And yes I do agree he has gotten better, but I wonder how could have I gone that bad, maybe never playing it because of hatred is a or the reason. And I hate it more when playing 1:1 with him. Regardless of the fact that I'm doing side step whatever he shoots is a headshot and whatever I shoot misses so often. And no he isn't shooting me through the walls, so I'm sure he isn't doing that hack.
As I said I'm not bothered, still, it's...I don't know! I played with some pro some weeks back and he almost white washed me, and I was happy, because I know how he plays, but don't know why I can't have the same mentality with this guy. And you know why. Anyway, I'm not playing again that damn game. And I really don't know what is driving or gotten into me that I'm asking this silly, stupid question and thinking about it even for a minute. Shame on me.

Last edited:

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Dont worry it happens to me sometime . When i started playing bad company 2 , my kill death ratio was worse , around 0.23 . I took that a little seriously and ordered deathadder with razer goliathus . But it doesnt help much , i feel very dissapointed . But now i play game for joy and dont care about my stats . In bf3 my kill death ratio is like 0.4 but still its my favourite game.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
I don't know about hacks. Intelligent hackers avoid shooting through walls anyway unless they know its an obvious spam spot. Maybe he got better. Whatever it is I know 1 thing for sure that quality of mouse only matters to an extent after that its all about how comfortable you are with your mouse, pad and headphones. A guy with 800 rs mouse can beat a 5000 rs mouse if he is more comfortable with whatever mouse he has. Secondly in CS off-days are quite normal. Some days even i get all the unthinkable "matkas"(flukes) and on other days i am on the receiving end of all the same matkas. Don't bother too much about it. 1 on 1 in cs means nothing. I have seen players who absolutely pawn every1 in a Public Server but u watch them play in clan, they absolutely suck. Even after 7 years of cs i am still trying to improve though can't spend as much time on it as i used to. The key is to have patience and just enjoy the game don't bother too much about getting pawned. Its tough i know :p but still doable.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Thanks guys. Well very few people have better mice and KB than me :p and let alone him, he just uses a cheap Logitech mice and KB. And I can't create a server, as I can't figure out how to enable port forwarding on my router, yet.
And yes I do agree he has gotten better, but I wonder how could have I gone that bad, maybe never playing it because of hatred is a or the reason. And I hate it more when playing 1:1 with him. Regardless of the fact that I'm doing side step whatever he shoots is a headshot and whatever I shoot misses so often. And no he isn't shooting me through the walls, so I'm sure he isn't doing that hack.
As I said I'm not bothered, still, it's...I don't know! I played with some pro some weeks back and he almost white washed me, and I was happy, because I know how he plays, but don't know why I can't have the same mentality with this guy. And you know why. Anyway, I'm not playing again that damn game. And I really don't know what is driving or gotten into me that I'm asking this silly, stupid question and thinking about it even for a minute. Shame on me.

Play BF3 and get killed inside tank with 1 bullet.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@rohit:
Absolutely right. But I'm VERY comfortable with my mice, it somehow understand my palm now after having it for almost 5 years now. The thing is, pawn me in anything, I'll happily accept but I somehow manage to play games, more or less well. There were days our team had belief in me, and I single handedly managed to kill others, but that was in CS:S. In 1.6, I was okay, but with very few set of guns. Still that guy, who was one of the worse aimer/player I've seen and his whole team used to call him in names and don't know how many times I fought for him, is just making fun of me! Yes, he has gotten better, but he is playing like a pro now. And no, I'm afraid to say that he isn't that much intelligent, in anything. But yes, he has lots of interest in hacking, he was praising some Kevin something guy over phone some days back and saying me how much he admires him as he is father of having and blah blah.
Anyway, he gotten better, better than me, I'm VERY HAPPY, but, if there is any silly thing involved in this then I'M DOUBLE ANGRY :D

@iittopper: Are you talking about BF3 MP?

@faun: Sorry?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
h4x possible
too many headshots, or consistently getting shot in the same place, then aimbot
theres also the shooting through walls thing
these are a lil hard to spot, just get him to admit he is using it by pretending to be curious about his 1337 skillz, he prolly think's its a cool thing to do
still, it's not uncommon that people play like mad and get better after 2-5 months

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@Anorion:
Exactly, 8/10 is headshot, with any weapon, and regardless of the fact I'm doing continuous side stepping still I'm receiving bullets from him.
And no he can't practice that much because he studies more than 12 hours a day.
But I don't know what is 1337 skills?

Flash

Lost in speed
Psychologically, you worried about your friend too much while playing the game meaning 'he's better than you and he's playing great today'.
That very thought disrupted your concentration and hence this post.

Like in limbo, You've to fail first in order to figure out how to win! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom