Alternatives for Micromax Canvas 4?

prateek

Broken In
Hey Guys,
My dad wants to buy a phone, preferably Android. His budget goes till 16-17k. He liked his colleague's Canvas 2 and is thinking to buy the new Canvas 4. Now i doubt, whether he should spend this much money for such brand like Micromax, ignoring all those heavy brands like SONY or HTC? (He doesn't like Samsung at all).
Now tell me if there are any other 'better' alternatives for Canvas 4, performance and hardware quality wise? or he should stick to his decision and get one?
What say?

OP
P

prateek

Broken In
umm no lava options preferred. May that be good in performance but Micromax has grown up as a brand better than these.
But still my question was for alternatives for models with brand like Sony or HTC?

Dew

Destiny's a *****
ask your dad to wait till 1st/2nd week of aug if he can.... Its Q3 and XPERIA C,M and many other new phones wil be released, you'll have more options to choose from else xperia l or even canvas 4 isnt a bad option.Micromax is gud. your little investment with indian brand can help rupee against dollar...

ssb1551

Technomancer
umm no lava options preferred. May that be good in performance but Micromax has grown up as a brand better than these.
But still my question was for alternatives for models with brand like Sony or HTC?

You gotta be kidding me, right? How can you expect to get a mobile with 720p screen resolution, 2 GB RAM and all for 16k from established brands like Sony, HTC, LG, Samsung? The minimum you gotta shell out is 22/23k for Xperia SP with 720p resolution which BTW can be a sorta alternative for Canvas 4. As far as your query goes - for 16-17K ( emphasizing because thats what you have mentioned as your budget in the OP) the best option is Xperia L.

dude1

Journeyman
Xolo play T1000 is the best bet in that budget.... good looks, great specs!

Xolo play T1000 is the best bet in that budget.... good looks, great specs!
And how come micromax is better than lava? Well it surely received some good response in india but that may be the effect of better marketing. All micromax is doing nowadays is rebranding the chinese phones and selling in India. At least xolo play is original, also the first mobile partner of intel so it too has a bit reputation internationally.

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^ Dude, I don't think his dad will be playing games :p. Moreover unless a proper review comes out of Play its not a good idea buy it.

dude1

Journeyman
^^ Well good specs are still worth at least for fluid UI exp. and JUST IN CASE!
And as for proper reviews, they are out...even on thinkdigit!

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
saw the reviews on youtube....it performs just as good as a Q1000 and excels in tegra games ...nenamark score is impressive but qudrant and antutu are just as good as other mediatech quadcores and 1 GB RAM handsets...

good thing for non gamers are - HD screen, nice cam

other choice -
spice mi525 FHD - same price with full HD screen ,
iberry nuclea N1 - same price with Full HD screen

Top Bottom