Alternative to USB ????

thinkyash

Right off the assembly line
Hi experts,

I’m working in Local Software development firm; we have DELL dimension (Series 3000) PC’s. Administrator has disabled USB functionality and BIOS is Protected by password, as of this I cannot use any USB media in my office. Is there any alternative so that I can transfer my data to pen drive.

I read some forum that LAN or Serial port can be converted to USB using some external device and drivers. Is it possible? If yes, than how?

Thanks in advance
Thinkyash :idea:

shadez

GaMeR
did you try changing the reg entry storagedevicepolicy (in XP)? or is it with the driver? or bios?
i am aware of usb to lan but not the other way.
the only option left is to upload to any file storage sites, or if you have access to any server which can be accessed externally via ftp, ssh, telnet, likewise...
if you own any hosting space then that would be good. the way i see it, there would be packet sniffers and network monitoring and system audit tools in your company. so even the storage sites might possibly not work.
why dont you make friends with a tech service fella and ask him to enable it for you or maybe get you an external drive?
btw, if you get messed up, we/I are not responsible. good luck...

Top Bottom