Alternative for Wave 525

ironfreak

Journeyman
Upgrading from Walkman phone...

-Requirements-

**WLAN
**Good music (when headphones are used, Im obsessed with WAlkman's :)
**Touch screen

No 3G required.
I have SLR, so I don't care about mobile phone cam.
Andriod will be fun.
Should have decent battery.
Budget 7000-7500

Use-
**Internet surfing, Social networking, chatting
**Music listening
**Heavy texting

I had Samsung Wave 525 in my mind but it lacks Android. I am not OS expert. The Bada OS will limit any use ? I heard that Dolphin browser is not very good. Can I use any other best available browser (probably Mini Opera) in Wave 525 ?

Or what are the alternatives for it ? Any new models coming up ? Im ready to wait for a month or so...

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Try Spice Mi 310... it costs around 7k and has Android 2.2... Its Chinese rebranding, and built quality won't be as good as Wave 525. But its still better value overall than a BADA phone...

Review: YouTube - SPICE MI 310 Budget Android 2.2 FULL REVIEW - iGyaan.in

Buy @ Spice Mi-310 Price In India: Buy Spice Mi-310: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles

aroraanant

Explorer
it is a very good phone available in that budget...My frnd owns it and it is a very nice phone...GO FOR IT.
Though Galaxy Pop is also very good but its better to go for Galaxy Fit instead of that(I know it will be a little costly but it is worth it).

OP
ironfreak

ironfreak

Journeyman
Try Spice Mi 310... it costs around 7k and has Android 2.2... Its Chinese rebranding, and built quality won't be as good as Wave 525. But its still better value overall than a BADA phone...

Review: YouTube - SPICE MI 310 Budget Android 2.2 FULL REVIEW - iGyaan.in

Buy @ Spice Mi-310 Price In India: Buy Spice Mi-310: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles

Did you check Galaxy Pop?

if you can increase your budget just a bit, get LG Optimus One.

it is a very good phone available in that budget...My frnd owns it and it is a very nice phone...GO FOR IT.
Though Galaxy Pop is also very good but its better to go for Galaxy Fit instead of that(I know it will be a little costly but it is worth it).

Hi.. Thanx for all you responses:). I cannot increase my budget. I know the more you spend, the more worthy mobile you get.. but then there's no limit to it. From 7k to 8k.. 8k to 10k. then 10k to 12k and so on...:p

I have my requirements clear, keeping those in mind I had chosen Wave 525. But this Spice MI 310 looks very interesting. It has all I want. Only that Im not sure hows the build quality of it..:sad: Anybody using this phone ? I want to know the user reviews.... :)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^^ Check the video review

Spice Mi310 has a solid build... Metal body... and HVGA screen resolution.

The downside is less RAM and poor camera. But it can beat Wave 525 hands down...

OP
ironfreak

ironfreak

Journeyman
^^^ Check the video review

Spice Mi310 has a solid build... Metal body... and HVGA screen resolution.

The downside is less RAM and poor camera. But it can beat Wave 525 hands down...

I was impressed by t he video review.. But I did not see Spice mobile with anybody. Also see the comment under video -

Don't make a mistake of buying Mi310 based on this review alone unless you are willing to make visits to Spice service center for getting the microphone repaired. There's is a design defect for sure as I returned two of the new sets within a day; the recipient of the phone call could not just hear what I was speaking even as I shouted my lungs out. Sorry to say, but this review does not do the compete justice & recommends a phone that doesnot meet the basic functionality of phone - communication

Moreover that man also says in video they had problem with the mic:?... this makes me confuse and sceptic about this phone.. So I was looking for more user reviews.

OP
ironfreak

ironfreak

Journeyman
^^^ See Nokia X3-02 which is around 7k --- YouTube - Nokia X3 Touch and Type Review

Dude just check out Lg optimus one once...
Awesome phone for an awesome Price

try monte also

checked many reviews. I think there will be a moment of regret if a I don't get Android phone. LG Optimus ONE... love it so much.. can get it from letsbuy.com using coupon at rs.8712.. i think its best price for it..

but i never bought cell phone online... should i go with it ? is letsbuy reliable ?

aroraanant

Explorer
checked many reviews. I think there will be a moment of regret if a I don't get Android phone. LG Optimus ONE... love it so much.. can get it from letsbuy.com using coupon at rs.8712.. i think its best price for it..

but i never bought cell phone online... should i go with it ? is letsbuy reliable ?

Yes letsbuy is reliable,I have recently bought a Incredible S from letsbuy...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
btw, came to know about an idiotic restriction in Bada OS where it allows you to store only 1300 SMS. (*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/139717-shocking-sms-storage-limit-wave2.html).

Do remember this if you are one of those who sends tonnes of SMSes every day.

OP
ironfreak

ironfreak

Journeyman
Yes letsbuy is reliable,I have recently bought a Incredible S from letsbuy...

@ironfreak

Buy with Letsbuy, and use COD option. Pay money on receipt of the phone...

btw, came to know about an idiotic restriction in Bada OS where it allows you to store only 1300 SMS. (*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/139717-shocking-sms-storage-limit-wave2.html).

Do remember this if you are one of those who sends tonnes of SMSes every day.

Ohh yes.. I've decided to go for an Android phone. And have finalized LG optimus ONE P500. My friend owns it and after handling it, im very much impressed. But just want to give a last thought to it... Is there any other model better than O1 in the same price range 8.7k after coupon code on LSB ? ( must be Android...) Its just that Im confused by looking at similarly priced Galaxy's :(

Last edited:
OP
ironfreak

ironfreak

Journeyman
Thanks a lot everybody for valuable inputs. Ordered Optimus 1 from Letsbuy and paid using credit card. Impatiently waiting to arrive it :p

AngelaW21

Banned
The Samsung Monte may be a budget phone but in so many ways it over-delivers. I love the feel of the phone and the capacitive touchscreen user interface with one-touch access to facebook, twitter, youtube and the BBC iPlayer. The phone is packed with features such as GPS with Google Maps, Wi-Fi, 3G video calling, generous onboard memory and outstanding battery life. The camera is relatively weak, but ain't too bad when you consider the price. All things considered, the Monte gives you a lot for your money.

Top Bottom