Alternative E-mail Clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Please Suggest some Alternative E-mail Clients. i tried Evolution & Thunderbird, they are very basic.

I need a client similar to Gmail's web interface or at least it should have these features.

• Threaded mode: Good for reading Mailling lists
  • Auto completion of e-mail addresses from address book

is there any client with above said features ?
or We need to make one:twisted:

ray|raven

Think Zen.
How abt Claws-Mail?
Also Opera has a mail client inbuilt.
And AFAICR it has some sort of threading capabilities.

Regards,
ray

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Auto Completion of email address feature is already in Thunderbird
what about threaded mode, i need similar to that we have in our forum.

*labs.mozilla.com/2007/10/prism/
it looks Good, Thanks
but its not what i am looking for as i have to fetch e-mail from multiple email accounts.

Bat professional is good but its not free
Is it available under linux?

How abt Claws-Mail?
Also Opera has a mail client inbuilt.
And AFAICR it has some sort of threading capabilities.

Regards,
ray
will try Claws-Mail & post back.
btw, it has nice punch line "It bites"

mutt? or mutt-ng?

Maybe squirrelmail, with gmail like theme?
Both doesn't suit my needs, as mutt is CLI based.
& SquirrelMail mail is web based

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Please Suggest some Alternative E-mail Clients. i tried Evolution & Thunderbird, they are very basic.
What???!!!!!!

I need a client similar to Gmail's web interface or at least it should have these features.

• Threaded mode: Good for reading Mailling lists
  • Auto completion of e-mail addresses from address book
Both the features are already present in Thunderbird!! The auto-complete works by default.

For threaded view, configure your gmail a/c with thunderbird (I dunno if it works for pop3 but it works great for imap).

To enable thread view, goto the folder and see the last button beside the fields: subject, sender etc. The button will haf a drop down arrow on it. Click the Button > Enable thread.

Now a new field would appear in the first column, something which looks like a ladder/tree. Click it and voila! you haf the thread view.

No need to "make an email client" with these features. Mozilla has been kind enuf to do that for us :)

For GMail config in Thunderbird see here: *www.lifehacker.com.au/tips/2007/10/27/turn_thunderbird_into_the_ulti.html

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
right now in thunderbird i am getting this type of view
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=766373&mode=threaded#post766373
whereas i want Linear Mode
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=766373&mode=linear#post766373

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Am I the only unfortunate one who uses Evolution here and I definitely do not find it basic :S
For me, the only thing that sucks is the spam filter. Otherwise it provides a mail client with organizer too. Thats actually good than hafing 2 separate programs.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
For me, the only thing that sucks is the spam filter. Otherwise it provides a mail client with organizer too. Thats actually good than hafing 2 separate programs.

Definitely , I agree. It does serve my purpose so I'm happy with it although I wouldn't mind trying Thunderbird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom