almost got cheated today.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Finally bought my Inspiron 15 today.
I had ordered it a week ago. Today the shopkeeper had opened the package before I arrived on the pretext of installing new software. I got suspicious and downloaded HW monitor then and there and battery wear showed 2%.
Now I am grateful to think digit forums for letting me know that such a software existed.

Moreover, the shop was a Dell exclusive store, the only one in the city. I would advise all laptop buyers to carry a PD loaded with this software.
The shopkeeper replaced the battery and put the damaged one in another new laptop.

Also, lenovo y500's battery SUCKS!!
Its capacity is only 7414mWh whereas my new Dell has 66600mWh. Almost 9 times more.

For a moment I was like WTF!!
I almost thought that my y500's battery is defective but then I googled it and found that it is normal.

ratul

█████████████████
Finally bought my Inspiron 15 today.
I had ordered it a week ago. Today the shopkeeper had opened the package before I arrived on the pretext of installing new software. I got suspicious and downloaded HW monitor then and there and battery wear showed 2%.
Now I am grateful to think digit forums for letting me know that such a software existed.

Moreover, the shop was a Dell exclusive store, the only one in the city. I would advise all laptop buyers to carry a PD loaded with this software.
The shopkeeper replaced the battery and put the damaged one in another new laptop.

i don't think that he might have changed the battery, when i got my inspiron 15R (delivered to my home directly from dell), it was at 2% wear level, so does everyone else's inspirons who posted in the dell thread..
Dell's stock batteries are of very poor quality, and i think the wear level is due to the intensive testing (diagnostics and all) that all laptops are put through before delivering..

sksundram

In the zone
ROFL.. @op dude you mistook mWh with mAh.
mWh=mAh*voltage.

A 14.8 V battery with 4460 mAH gives you 66,000 milliwatt hours (66 watt-hours)
Check your facts.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
mWh=mAh*voltage.

Check your facts.

This happened to one of my classmates too. According to him, he bought a phone with 15000 mAh battery.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
mWh=mAh*voltage.

Check your facts.

You check yours. HW monitor doesn't show mAh.

Dell Inspiron 15

*s23.postimg.org/w1l5egs5j/Untitled.jpg

Lenovo ideapad y500

*s10.postimg.org/bhlbpr8r9/lenovo.jpg

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Then HWmonitor is showing wrong info.. Its impossible to have that big of a difference between two battery capacities

My Acer Aspire v7 shows 53400mWh
Perhaps the Y500 is showing wrong info..

debarshi

Otaku
Then HWmonitor is showing wrong info.. Its impossible to have that big of a difference between two battery capacities

My Acer Aspire v7 shows 53400mWh
Perhaps the Y500 is showing wrong info..

My lenovo z500 is showing 45440 mWh, so there must be something wrong.... The difference just cant quite be that much

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I checked with battery Care, it's the same 7414 mWH.
If you Google this and check other sites, many people have the same

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I still think it is actually mAh now mWh..
You can see the 3rd partyt replacement battery for Y500 here.. It says 4400 mAh not in mWh
Exilient Y500 6 cells Battery - Buy Online @ Rs.2316/- | Snapdeal.com

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I know but maybe the software isnt designed to read mAh unit ? or maybe Lenovo screwed up their indicators ?..
It is impossible to have a that big difference in any similar product mate..
Regardless, you facing battery shortage in a gaming laptop is not a big issue.. Most people face this and know this will happen beforehand..
If you wanted battery life, you should have gone with an ultrabook or something like that..
If you truly need more battery, purchase another (cost 2.6k) and use both.. (Inconvenient)

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Idk y500's battery life is so little, 10 mins 50 to 5 COD ghosts maxed

I just bought the inspiron yesterday

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Everything is maxed even brightness, it's always plugged in when I use it so I don't care much.

debarshi

Otaku
Since we're on the topic, how bad is 0.8% wear in 2 months? Mine is a desktop replacement laptop with monitor and everything connected, so it doesnt get discharged ever...

sksundram

In the zone
I can't believe it. mAh is unit of charge NOT unit of energy. Plz Keep in mind that different laptops have very different power requirements that vary based on the components and how well the operating system manages power consumption.

@12.192 V (as in the HWM screenshot), 66600 mWh translates to ~5462 mAh.

My dell studio laptop's battery, @11.1v and 56Wh (56000mWh) gives ~5045mAh rating.

NOW go back and read my first comment. Understand it if you can understand basic physics.

PS: don't just frantically search google and decide on something to be true/false without understanding its meaning. Also in case you are wondering, just pull out your battery and read the specifications mentioned on it.

Last edited:
Mine shows it correctly!
*i.imgur.com/xieuWa7.png

Its clear that the batteries' capacity is more or less similar. Just that the Y500 uses dGPU all the time which makes its battery backup abysmal.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
@sksundaram please stfu, your post is not even relevant here because I am taking about mWh and not mAh.

@utkarsh my battery shows 7414 mWh no matter what software i use. Could it be defective?? In notebook review forums there was another guy with gt 650m and similar battery stats, ie close to 7000 mWh. His showed 9% wear.

Top Bottom