almost got cheated today.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Why do people feel that they are free to use words like stfu in a forum. Civilization is a fail it seems for some.

snap

Lurker
even if someones post is irrelevant there is no need to resort to expletives. Atleast sundram had the decency of being the better man unlike someone else :|

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
@sksundaram please stfu, your post is not even relevant here because I am taking about mWh and not mAh.

@utkarsh my battery shows 7414 mWh no matter what software i use. Could it be defective?? In notebook review forums there was another guy with gt 650m and similar battery stats, ie close to 7000 mWh. His showed 9% wear.
That kind of language isn't warranted here. Usually I ban straight away but I'm letting you off with a warning.

sksundram very politely asked you to take the battery of your laptop out and read what is written over there. Whether it is mAh or mWh. You didn't bother to do.

A laptop typically uses 15 to 20 W or Joules per second when under battery while browsing or doing minimal things.

Simple physics tells me, a 7000 mWh or 7 Wh battery won't even be able to run a laptop for 0.5 hour or 30 minutes.

It is clearly written mWH in the software
Software CAN be wrong.

Just remove the battery and read what's written on it.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Sksundaram was repeatedly implying that I was mistaking mWh with mAh when I clearly showed in the pics that I was not.
Laptop battery label says 72Wh which translates to 72000mWh but I get 10% of that. Could it be a defective battery??
Still shows 0% wear.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Sksundaram was repeatedly implying that I was mistaking mWh with mAh when I clearly showed in the pics that I was not.
Laptop battery label says 72Wh which translates to 72000mWh but I get 10% of that. Could it be a defective battery??
Still shows 0% wear.
What does the voltage rating on the battery say?

Yes, your battery is defective but not because software is reporting so. But because it simply doesn't last enough.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
10.8v and 6700mAh.
Could it be a bios issue?
Now multiply

10.8V with 6700 mAh

What do you get?

It's not even a BIOS issue or anything. Lenovo have designed their battery to return mAh reading whereas the software has been designed to publish whatever the battery returns as the mWh reading.

Another proof? *www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/1ckaju/lenovo_y580_battery_issue/

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Nah.... No one but you knew about lenovo's battery policy which was creating the problem.

Top Bottom