All "which distro should I choose?" queries here.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Here is an update,

I installed macOS High Sierra on QEMU KVM. I allocated it 4GB ram and 4cores. Ran geekbench on it, and found that it scored more than Ubuntu running as host.
I used geekbench 4 as Geekbench 5 aint compatible with High Sierra.
Ubuntu scored 2676 Single core and 8484 on multi core, while macOS scored 3763 single-core and 9341 on multi core.

I am surprised how it, being virtualised, was able to beat a normal machine, even though what I assigned to guest OS was half of host.

Here is the Ubuntu score ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. VivoBook_ASUSLaptop X509DA_M509DA - Geekbench Browser
and here is the macos score iMac10,1 - Geekbench Browser

But there are a few limitations like the video memory cant be extended beyond 3MB. The internet speed is slow on it due to lack of proper adapter. But still, that score is really high.
Any way you can run it with more RAM or something? Or does the specs have to be identical to real Mac machines?

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Any way you can run it with more RAM or something? Or does the specs have to be identical to real Mac machines?

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

Basically, I am running it over a laptop which does not have dGPU. If it had one, I had directly passthroughed it and use it that way. So would have got 2gb gram easily.

But I am thinking to run this on another machine with dGPU so it will work there.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Its been 2-3 weeks i installed ubuntu, and I am facing some issues, The window pop ups leave there left overs. For better explanation I am leaving a video recording and Screenshot of the problem. From what I see, it is related to gfx drivers.
Kernel: x86_64 Linux 5.7.1-050701-generic
Desktop Environment: Xfce
Window Manager: Gala
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx @ 8x 2.1GHz
GPU: AMD RAVEN (DRM 3.37.0, 5.7.1-050701-generic, LLVM 10.0.0)
(These values are taken as is)

Screenshot at 10-24-02.png

Below is a video of error

Update (19/1/2022):- It got fixed by changing the refresh rate from 50hz to 60hz.

Last edited:
Top Bottom