All webhosting and domain related queries here.

NileshMore27

Right off the assembly line
Re: Which one is a better host ?

Hi you can incredihost.in .they provide very cheap and reliable hosting services.

ddessai101

Hi,
Myself and 2 of my friends are in a process of starting a small E-commerce website with payment gateway just like flipkart or snapdeal. Where customers add the items to cart and pay via Debit/Credit card or netbanking and we ship it after receiving payment, our customer base is focused on one State and currently not focused on nation wide coverage (don't want to reveal my plan as it is market research phase :mrgreen:). Don't want Cash on Delivery and Paypal option.

My question is, which service providers have a payment gateway and DIY website builder as we are not familiar with programming or website desining. This is our first time. We want something like wordpress.com where there is templates which are easy to use. As among 3 of us, one will be in-charge of customer support, other order processing and me adding products and administrator of site.

My research on web shows CCavenue as common payment gateway which has 3% + Rs. 3 per transaction fees (differs for different cards) and Rs. 1200/- as setup fees for the website and it is tie-up with godaddy.in for domain name hosting and registration.

If there are any other webhosting with payment gateway please let me know.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Hi,

I purchased a domain name and a basic hosting package from bigrock.in last week.
I need BigRock users' advice on what should I do next (update dns namespace?) and how to relate my domain name and my hosting plan.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Hi,

I purchased a domain name and a basic hosting package from bigrock.in last week.
I need BigRock users' advice on what should I do next (update dns namespace?) and how to relate my domain name and my hosting plan.

Domains purchased on BigRock by default point to BigRock name servers. So, you don't need to change them as your hosting provider is also BigRock. Just add the domain from your hosting control panel. As simple as that. :)

IH-Jake

Hi,

As an addition to what shah said here, you always have the option to contact your hosting provider for help as they are responsible for assisting you to move on. If your website is ready you can upload it to your hosting space using the file manager or any third party software like filezilla.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Domains purchased on BigRock by default point to BigRock name servers. So, you don't need to change them as your hosting provider is also BigRock. Just add the domain from your hosting control panel. As simple as that. :)

Thank you. Thus is going to stay idlefor a week or so more. Can find someone after that only.

Chetan1991

Youngling
Looking for a reliable hosting service plan with lots of addon domains, DBs, plenty space and bandwidth, and decent pricing. Any suggestions?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I too was asked for a copy of such ID for my new connection of Pacenet/Ani or Excitel. Each time. I usually give a copy of Voter ICard with "Only for purpose of verification for <ISPName>" written over it.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I don't remember anything about such Govt. issued id. I was not asked to submit such things though. :-?

Well, if you are not going to use it for any unfair purpose then why so hesitant about sending ID, futher do as [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] said which makes very much sense.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Well, if you are not going to use it for any unfair purpose then why so hesitant about sending ID, futher do as [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] said which makes very much sense.

I would have submitted if they had asked me to do so. But, As I said, they didn't ask me any such documents. I wonder if that's some new policy with hosting providers.

Top Bottom