All webhosting and domain related queries here.

rajin90

Right off the assembly line
everyone must visit LOWEDTALK for cheapest VPS plans
right now i am using BLUEVM VPS by paying just 3.15$ [40gb hdd and 1tb bandwidth]

before i was paying 4$ for shared hosting. and now getting vps in better price

BLUEVM = is not for newbies : their support just provide system and won't help if you wish to install many services .

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
There is a deal for buying .com domain at godaddy @Rs. 64/year. Go by this link. Go Daddy Domain Name Search Tool

Or apply coupun code CJC99D

Now which hosting should I go for? Many of user recommended outpowerhosting, but those posts were 2 years back. Is it good now? Plans are cheaper.
Or should I go for free webhosting like 000webhosing? Are they secure?

As of now I just want to build a basic website. So 100-200 mb size/limited bandwith will be ok for me.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Bought a basic plan from Outpower Hosting. They suspended the account after 12 days citing high CPU usage. :shock:
No explanation, no prior alert regarding high usage from my account, just one email saying that the account has been suspended. :mad:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
If I want to start a website, do you think it's better to go for a VPS(thinking of LeaseWeb) or go for shared hosting(thinking of host gator) ?
Bought a basic plan from Outpower Hosting. They suspended the account after 12 days citing high CPU usage. :shock:
No explanation, no prior alert regarding high usage from my account, just one email saying that the account has been suspended. :mad:
That looks so lame :(

TheHumanBot

Padawan
If I want to start a website, do you think it's better to go for a VPS(thinking of LeaseWeb) or go for shared hosting(thinking of host gator) ?

That looks so lame :(

if you plan to make money out of your website then VPS and if it's just for personal use and no intention to get the revenue out of it get the shared hosting.

Chetan1991

Youngling
I am thinking of starting a web dev. and design site that offers complete solutions, i.e. all technical stuff (domain reg., hosting, development and design) handled by myself.
I know bulk hosting can be done by setting up multiple domains on a single vps account (is this a good strategy?) but have no idea about bulk domain registration. Is there any such option available or will I have to register domains in bulk at the same price?

I have been using Outpower hosting for more than a year. Never had much problem. Maybe because It has hardly any traffic :p . But its good for personal projects, online presence etc. cheap plans with unlimited domains, email accounts, dbs (but not bandwidth or HD space) etc.

ajith025

Broken In
Hi, i am having reseller account from hostgator for the past 2 years, i had enough clients to make up the subscription money and some profit.

now so many of them not renewing and no new clients... i want to move to a cheaper hosting server. please suggest cheaper but reliable... reseller linux hosting within 7000/year.

how about -- Silicon House - .IN accredited domain registrar, Largest hosting company in Asia since 1998

any reviews?

Chetan1991

Youngling
How much do domains cost as a reseller? Is it considerably cheaper than buying the usual way if you are going to buy and use/sell around 10 domains a month?

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Looking to buy a .co.in domain ASAP. Please suggest good domain providers and also justification as to why they are good.

harshgpt816

Right off the assembly line
Re: Which one is a better host ?

Free Web Hosting - PHP, MySQL, FTP, Email
use dis 1 itz free...nd im also usin it

hello ,
i am harsh gupta email harshgpt816@gmail.com ,i want to host website from pc , i have done it using apache / php now i think of hosting multiple websites from same ip address like those of hosting companies do they host even upto 7-10 websites on one ip add i also want to do so if any one could please help me ... i am using xampp as webserver i have also started a virtual server name mylastwebsite.com and one is localhost one which is main server , like ehen i type my public ip say 14.213.34.56 this page " shows site hosted on local host " page appers which is on harshgupta.hostei.com now i want to host mulltiple site not just one on same i.e single so if any one could help .
:-?:-?

TheHumanBot

Padawan
How much do domains cost as a reseller? Is it considerably cheaper than buying the usual way if you are going to buy and use/sell around 10 domains a month?

Domains costs the same for everyone there is no reselling and retailing. when you have to buy like 10 domains a month keep your eyes wide open for coupon codes which will get you some hefty discount like $2-3 off or may be domains for only $1 $2 depends on the registrar company you chose. mostly good offers you will get from godaddy name[dot]com namecheap.

if you buy your personal ones and going to keep it and not selling it again then don't register with go-daddy they have tendency to hijacking good domains. hope that helps.

Looking to buy a .co.in domain ASAP. Please suggest good domain providers and also justification as to why they are good.

There is nothing wrong with any domains they all serve their own purpose. you need indian providers or any will work?
asking cause foreign companies will need you to have credit card for buying domains from them.

assuming you have credit card then you can go with namecheap they are quite good after go-daddy. i would personally suggest you to stay away from godaddy.

Chetan1991

Youngling
Thanks for the info. I'm trying to setup a web dev. and design website. If the clients start pouring in I'm hoping there will be need of registering 10 domains or so in a month. So domains are registered in only way. Is 500 per year right estimate?

How does BigRock stand against others you mentioned?
I've bought domains from them and they provide free whois protection. There is no need for email accounts etc since that can arranged at the web hosting account.

What web hosting account would you reccommend? BlueHost seems to have cheap VPS plans.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
i let client them self take care of their domain/hosting account by that i mean signup with their details they will pay for it in front of them and give them account details right away total transparency. same with hosting. so no hassle for you. it has disadvantages too but i don't see one. so not sure if you should also do it or not.

tell your clients prices in $ dollars $9/10 per year and count it in Rs in front of them and that would be approximately Rs. 550
I would personally stay away from BigRock but google it if you want for more info. i would chose to not have a website then getting it from BiGRock. hey it's just me. so you better google if it's good or not.

for email you can use zoho, google brother from another mother. Google App was the best but now it's paid.

you want VPS Hosting or shared hosting?

vivek.virgo

Journeyman
While trying to create my domain, I came across bigrock.in offering my desired .com for 599/year.
Also mentioned 'free addons worth 500'

Free addons worth Rs. 5000 >>
2 Email Accounts
Domain Forwarding
Privacy Protection *
URL Masking
DNS Management
Domain Theft Protection
Bulk Tools
Easy-to-use Control Panel
24/7 Local Support

Is this just a gimmick or worth paying for against godaddy's 499/year? I'm new to domain buying but am i right that i would need domain forwarding and url masking from above list if i use say free sites like wordpress.com to put my content online?

Should i go for more than a year's subscription to keep my domain or is 1 year fine? Is bigrock safe to deal with?

Any one with experience please comment. Thanks.

Last edited:

TheHumanBot

Padawan
^ i would suggest to use namecheap over godaddy or bigrock. if you can afford to pay for more then 1 year then go ahead and pay for as many years as you like. note that only 1st year is free for Privacy Protection.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Godaddy is offering .com for just Rs. 109
Purchase .com domain from godaddy and then transfer to your favorite registrar after 60 days.
This is really a very good deal.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I want to know about best FREE forum hosting site.
Sorry I didn't get you exactly.

You want a free hosting to host a forum type website on your own own domain (like yourname.com)

OR

You want website that offer free forum on their sub-domain like:
you.freeforum.com

ankush28

Bazinga
Sorry I didn't get you exactly.

You want a free hosting to host a forum type website on your own own domain (like yourname.com)

OR

You want website that offer free forum on their sub-domain like:
you.freeforum.com

free type like you.host.com

should be work with Tapatalk

Top Bottom