** All USB EVDO/HSDPA (3.5G) data cards or modems queries here **

Mrinal

Right off the assembly line
What's the difference between Huawei E303 and Huawei E303c?

Seems like Huawei E303c supports voice calling or something, which I don't need. Should I go for Huawei E303. It's Rs350 cheaper.

EDIT: Seems like both supports voice call. I can't find any difference.

Huawei E303 3G/2G Data Card 7.2Mbps 3G USB Modem, Auto APN, AIRCEL Logo,White | eBay
Huawei E303C | Datacard | Flipkart.com

EDIT2: Found my answer on this page
Huawei :: Products - Mobile Broadband - Data Cards Features Comparison Sheet

Apparently, the C in Huawei E303c represents 2GB of free cloud account and everything else is the same.

I don't think the C is for cloud. 303C and 303(Cloud+) are different. Please refer the product catalog on the left in the link you shared

Mrinal

Right off the assembly line
I wish to know if anyone can help:
I have huawei 303c dongle. As I use my sim for using net. Is there any way I can make and recieve call through PC when I am using net.

Cheers,
Mrinal

Chetan1991

Youngling
Noob query incoming:
Have no experience with 3g dongles. Will dongle specific packs work on sims in universal/unlocked dongles?
My problem is that only idea 3g is accessible where my hostel is but I don't want to be tethered to one operator neither do I want to pay heavier mobile data tariffs.

utkarsh73

In the zone
Noob query incoming:
Have no experience with 3g dongles. Will dongle specific packs work on sims in universal/unlocked dongles?
My problem is that only idea 3g is accessible where my hostel is but I don't want to be tethered to one operator neither do I want to pay heavier mobile data tariffs.

What exactly is that dongle specific pack?? As long as you have data balance available on your SIM card, it will work on any unlocked data card. But in some schemes like "Buy idea net setter, recharge it with certain amount and get certain GB free" the pack will be applicable only when you buy the idea net setter.
But Idea's data card can be unlocked very easily. So if you are getting some good offer in idea you can avail it and then get your data card unlocked to use other service providers.

Chetan1991

Youngling
Sorry I'm completely ignorant about the topic. So there are no recharge packs applicable only to 3g dongles?? If you have to pay the same for data services on a mobile and a dongle what's the advantage of buying dongles?? You can just use your phone!

utkarsh73

In the zone
Sorry I'm completely ignorant about the topic. So there are no recharge packs applicable only to 3g dongles?? If you have to pay the same for data services on a mobile and a dongle what's the advantage of buying dongles?? You can just use your phone!

Of course you can just use your phone!! But when you use your phone, it gets sort of restricted. I mean when you make a call, the data connection gets disconnected. Continuous data connection drastically reduces battery life. You will have to keep your phone tied to the laptop or desktop which reduces the mobility. Dongle just provides you a medium to use internet without a phone, nothing else.

And if you have a data card you can easily be connected to internet. Also most of them provide the basic functionality of a phone like sending/receiving calls, messages, storing contacts etc.

shreymittal

Being Human
I am using Airtel broadband. I need a WiFi Modem + Router . my budget is around 2K.
NetGear or T.P Link. currently using Beetel 450TC1 ADSL2+ ROUTER. PLZ SUGGEST

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Noob query incoming:

Most of the providers, if not all, provide specific data packs for their network locked data cards, which are comparatively much cheaper than those for prepaid and postpaid sim cards. You can actually get your sim card recharged with a 3G data pack, and use it with an unlocked data card or your mobile.
Of course you can just use your phone!! But when you use your phone, it gets sort of restricted. I mean when you make a call, the data connection gets disconnected. Continuous data connection drastically reduces battery life. You will have to keep your phone tied to the laptop or desktop which reduces the mobility. Dongle just provides you a medium to use internet without a phone, nothing else.

And if you have a data card you can easily be connected to internet. Also most of them provide the basic functionality of a phone like sending/receiving calls, messages, storing contacts etc.
It's not the case with 3G. You can actually make or receive a call while using uninterrupted internet. The other drawback of using a phone to connect to internet is that, you won't get the connection speeds, which a data card provides you.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
ok friends i am lookiing for a new Data card that i can be use with 2g and 3g sim with any of the operator in mumbai

i have finalised some of the below data cards pleae tell me which is the good one

Huawei E3131 Rs. 2269
Huawei E303c Rs. 1675
Micromax 353G Rs. 1627

please suggest me which one is good my budget is around Rs 2000, i like the first one as it has 21 mbps, so in future it might help

someone please reply

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
^^ 21 mbps may sound good on paper, but the ground realities are much different. IMO, none of the operators are letting you even reach till 7.2 mbps, leave alone getting 21 mbps. I've been using a 3G data card (Lava 720G having a max downlink speed of 7.2 Mbps) for more than a year now on Airtel, but till date, I've been able to get a max speed of 7.1 mbps that too for a split second, else, it hovers around or below 3.5-4 mbps, 99% of the time.
As far as Huawei data cards are concerned, I've seen one with my cousin, and was really disappointed by the interface, which was a web based interface, running on internet explorer, and missed on certain features like voice calling and SMS.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
IMO, the Huawei E3131 won't be a bad choice, though, the Web based UI may not be functionally good (a personal choice, as I've had a poor experience with the web based interface that sometimes refused to start). Since this particular model supports Voice calling and SMS, I think it's good. Please don't be carried away with it's ability to convert your laptop to a wifi hotspot. Most Intel chips, Centrino N1000 onwards support that through intel's own software (Intel My WiFi).

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
OK so forget about e3131 suggest some cheap alternatives... i have used idea netsetter unlocked and it was good

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
In that case, I've been using a Lava 720G which has discontinued, but it's newer counterpart 730G is still available for ~1.5K and is a good device with all the features (sans good software support from Lava), though the bundled software is good.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
ok so finalised this three data cards from flipkart

Micromax 355G
Lava 730G
Huawei E303C

please sugest the best, i like the Lava 730G as the reviews are good

Top Bottom