All Units Report..(AMD Rig Config)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAK

What the Heck !
Ok People...I need a bit of help here.... :wink:

I need to build an amd rig for a friend of mine from scratch..so i was expecting some help from u guys... :wink:

Code:
BUDGET below 25000/-(Cost of all components UPS etc)
Points to consider :
1:Max possible warranty
2:Economical
3:Decent performance
4:Onboard Graphic will do but a future expansion Slot(AGP/PCIe) will be an added benefit
5:SATA optional
6:Being Future Proof will be an added benefit if possible

Plz include cost of each component with warranty offered

.... :wink:

EDIT: an alternate Intel Rig may also be suggested.. :wink:

AlienTech

In the zone
Heck you dont have many choices. You could go for the AMD semphron which would cut down cost by 50% and performance by 25%.

OR

You could get an AMD 3000+ 1.8GZ for 7.5K, An MSI RS480M2 with built in gfx, which is slow but lets you see all new games. Around 5.5K and 1G of 2x512meg hyundai DDR400 ram for 5K. UPS would be 2K.

You can overclock this ot 229MHZ or 2150CPU MHZ but since it has no PCI lock, thats as fast as you can go anyway. Using clockgen it sets FSb to 220MHZ or using CPU cool you can set it to 229MHZ FSB. I run it @ 1100MHZ usually using RMClock to keep it cooler since you dont need the CPU power except when doing some kind of encoding or something.

*www.tweakzone.nl/extreviews/5366

AlienTech

In the zone
This is my first AMD cpu, I have used an AMD system for a few days over 10 years ago but got into problems where some programs would not run on it even though it was supposedly an Intel clone. Since AMD licenses Intel stuff through cross licencing agremenets, and always made Faster CPU's than the Intel ones, But microsoft could still check if it was an AMD or Intel.

*www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.cfm?page=4&articleid=597&cid=3

As you can see it is not as fast as the NForce 4 mother boards but they also run @ 201MHZ fsb while the ATI one runs @ 199MHZ normally. Difference of 1 to 2% in performance...

*www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1802&page=6

OP
JAK

JAK

What the Heck !
Thankx m8....
i wud want to know how the Intel Line of 64bit proc fares with AMD counterparts..

Also the rig i need will be running more like an Internet Gateway with only some Office applications running on it...but a game here and there is always there ... :wink:

AlienTech

In the zone
Intel Extreme CPU's are fast! With an extreme price, top of the line is faster than AMD. The Intel low end is no comparison and AMD holds an edge in the mid range in both price and performance.

64 bit is 50% faster than 32bit since you need 64bits to even calculate the amount of money the US prints up. A lot of stuff will run much faster when you use it at 64 bits, just like stuff was faster to run on 32bit machines than 16bit 286 CPU's. Who knows, 128 bits right around the corner and could be faster still....

AlienTech

In the zone
Another word might be computer inflation :) seems the numbers just seem to keep going up and up and up. I started off on 4bit CPU's.. I thought there was a huge amount of stuff to do with 4 bits. Considering the English alphabet only has 26 letters, 16 for a computer was too much. Those pong game machines did a lot with 4 bits :)

darklord

Cyborg Agent
AlienTech said:
Intel Extreme CPU's are fast! With an extreme price, top of the line is faster than AMD.

Really ??Which Chip is that?
I donno about it, please let me know. :wink:

As you can see it is not as fast as the NForce 4 mother boards but they also run @ 201MHZ fsb while the ATI one runs @ 199MHZ normally. Difference of 1 to 2% in performance...
I guess this has got more to do with Motherboard tha chipset,correct me if i am wrong.

A64 2800 s754 asus a8s mx ( within 7.5k with onboard graphics) and rest up to you

You are talking about Asus K8S-MX here right ?
Cos A8S is S939 board. :wink:

rave_2600

Broken In
try going to lamington road and find out the prices suggested here.
my sugesstion is that u go 4 a MSI RS480M2 and an AMD
64 of ur choice and 256 MB of ram. try adding components later.
however make sure u buy atleast DDR400 ram and insist only on genuine transcend coz the shopkeepers always try 2 sell u stuff they stock and transcend is not 1 of them.
same applies for any component. always insist on the brand, model & specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom