All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Mini-review of Fargo season 3.

It was kind of underwhelming with so many unnecessary plot arcs that make no sense, such as the old man who was killed, who was a writer in the past and who changed his name, it had no impact on the story whatsoever. Then there is the motif of the useless box, which I think symbolizes the protagonist's aversion to technology. Perhaps there is some symbolic significance, but I am blind to it. The only arc I found interesting was the feud between the Stussy brothers. If they made the whole season about that it would have been a hundred times more interesting IMO. The plot about some invisible corporation bullying their company into submission was a bit too far fetched I think. Season 3 also has a running theme from season 1 about a female police officer's theories refuted by her male superior which I feel was just recycled.

Also, what the hell is that ending.

Overall I'd say it's a pretty okay season but that's it.

By far I think season 2 was the best, followed by season 1.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Scam 1992 (Sony Liv)

Yet to finish this but, 5 episodes and this is a well made TV show.
Its worth the hype but too technical, for n00b on share trading, may find issue in finding the conflict here.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Blood of Zeus (Netflix)

The credits say, this is a Anime. I'm no expert but did not seem an Anime.
Anyway, good one though. Check out.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Blood of Zeus (Netflix)

The credits say, this is a Anime. I'm no expert but did not seem an Anime.
Anyway, good one though. Check out.
Yes, Its an Animated Series though but Japanese would call it Anime. Since they use this term in Japan. Which means the same thing "Animation"

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Queen's Gambit (Netflix)

Good show on Chess. Chess is the novelty factor here, rest you've seen.
Oh, acting yes, that is also its another advantage.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Haunting of Bly Manor 7.5/10 (Netflix)

This lacks horror elements but an interesting tale.
However, does not deserve to have 9 episodes.

Gets boring after a time and fails to continue the scare elements.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
The Crown Season 1

I don't know how I missed this till now - It is slow but those who like Court Room Drama will love this, No gore / No action found in here. The detail is amazing.... a mature show.

Fargo Season 4

Slow space but when needed action kicks in, Love the Details and as always with Fargo Series, it is a True Story - Loved it.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
How's this related to courtroom drama?
I mean the type of Genre - Dialogue based, Lots of Indoor scenes containing Arguments / Counter Arguments in an administrative environment, meeting and stuff, plotting against and the use of power.
Not literally a Court Case / Lawsuit going on here - I meant that.

I found the audience here always like Action / Gore / Sci-Fi and Time Travel * and all in very fast-moving pace <---- I also love those too no doubt. So I wrote the explanation/warnings.

------------------------ Igone this below part ------------------------------
* But I really hate those time travel series which don't have any consequence by traveling on your physical body, I will not name the series here but when I said against that series in another forum a long time ago many people jump on me.... That one like oh you forget the phone at home and now you are at your office - Just Time Travel and pick it up. Oh ....You forget groceries in the market just time travel and bring it on at your home - At this rate, you never have the story you are telling in the series, because there is no problem ever in-universe for you.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
To further continue in Offtopic,

That is why its for sc-fi. A bit of fiction in a probable scientific theory. No one knows for sure if it would be possible and if possible what would be possible or impossible.
Take it as a fiction, else it would be a documentary (b/w check out Primer if you want to see a very close to a Physics whitepaper on Timetravel)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Few shows watched in last week(s)

Criminal Justice S1 and S2 (Hotstar)

S1 is very detailed, alongwith a whodunit we also get a compelling courtroom drama.
Pankaj Tripathy just nails the character.
Jail part was also made with utmost care. Makes you invest in characters.
Slows down after 7th episode. Climax is good.

S2 did not have a good mystery but tried to pad the runtime with nuances of Pankaj Tripathy's wife, another repeated jail scene which I guess they later figured out that they are copying S1 conflicts and slowly Jail arch of story was forgotten. Disappointed in S2.

JL50 (SonyLiv)

Sci-fi drama of 4 episodes.
Ambitious project. Probably new for Indian OTT viewers but if you've even one movie on time travel then there is nothing new for you in this show.

Top Bottom