All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

R2K

In the Zone
Re: All TV Shows Related Discussions Here

Two and a half men is going pathetic.
Big bang theory is getting lame too. It was one of its kind show and now its getting retarded. They should probably get new ideas and new writers.

- - - Updated - - -

Completed Friends 9.5/10

0.5 less because of the on again, off again relationship of
Ross and Rachel

FRIENDS remains funny no matter how many times you re-watch it.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

Started watching Smallville. Currently in season 4. I started watching it cause Arrow and Flash were on a break.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

Smallville just drags on after season 7 & last 3 seasons are painful to watch but that is to be expected from almost any long running TV show.Same happened with Supernatural.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

Smallville just drags on after season 7 & last 3 seasons are painful to watch but that is to be expected from almost any long running TV show.Same happened with Supernatural.

Currently in Season 7 and yep its a drag.. but will watch it anyway.. I'm just waiting for the real Lex Luthor!!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

I wanted to watch Flash, but I was suggested to watch Arrow first since Flash believes Arrow to be some kind of mentor or something. Done with two episodes of season one.

The show seems good from initial impressions but it looks like I would have enjoyed such show more had I watched it a few years ago.

The show is based on scenarios that seems highly improbable in reality or even in a fictional universe. Oliver Queen reaches different places in seconds, escapes from crime scene like he have teleportation and have a secret hideout which he managed to setup in just one day without anyone noticing the noise and electricity usage.

Yes, fiction is an excuse, but even in fiction there has to be some kind of explanation, else it looks like a fairy tale.

Don't know if others share my sentiments.

Flash

Lost in speed

I wanted to watch Flash, but I was suggested to watch Arrow first since Flash believes Arrow to be some kind of mentor or something. Done with two episodes of season one.
Barry Allen (as a forensic scientist) enters into Arrow verse only in season 2, apart from that there's nothing much about Barry until Season 2.

The show seems good from initial impressions but it looks like I would have enjoyed such show more had I watched it a few years ago.
The only good thing about watching the shows later is, you don't have to wait for next episode :mrgreen: I watched Arrow S1 & S2 back to back, and enjoyed much and eagerly waited for the start of S3.

The show is based on scenarios that seems highly improbable in reality or even in a fictional universe. Oliver Queen reaches different places in seconds, escapes from crime scene like he have teleportation and have a secret hideout which he managed to setup in just one day without anyone noticing the noise and electricity usage.

Yes, fiction is an excuse, but even in fiction there has to be some kind of explanation, else it looks like a fairy tale.
Anything related to Superhero-genre is a fairy tale except with heroic elements. Since most of the actions in Arrow happens at night (which aids in hiding his face anyway), Oliver don't have to find excuses to disappear, after all what could've he learned in the Island for 5 years? For example, he could zip-line to the opposite/adjacent building if he wants to flee the crime scene.
In S1, his hideout is a leftout godown anyway, which supports the fact that none will be there to check the inside. In later episodes, you will see the true Arrow-cave.

To me, Arrow is a realistic version of how a superhero could exists in the present world with some comic elements.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

To me, Arrow is a realistic version of how a superhero could exists in the present world with some comic elements.

Thanks for the replies.
That last sentence is the complete opposite to what I meant though. :p Will have to see how it turns out. Will catch up on the show to a great deal in this weekend. ;)

TheFallenLord

Journeyman

Don't know if others share my sentiments.

I do. But I think we should avoid nitpicking superhero movies/TV shows as much as possible. It spoils the fun. I used to nitpick a lot which is why I was never able to fully enjoy any superhero movie/TV show that I watched before 2014. I could list countless errors/loopholes and even technical faults in almost anything I watched, be it Marvel or DC. But earlier this year when I went to see Cap 2, I decided to ignore any such insignificant details which might not let me take the movie seriously and as a result I really liked it. I don't know if other's would agree but I think this is the only way to enjoy such movies/shows to the fullest.

As far as Arrow is concerned, stick with the show. It'll get better and better with each passing episode and by the time you reach the end of the first season I'm sure It'll leave you satisfied. And even if you don't like the first season, season 2 is a lot lot better and a different beast altogether. :toast:

ashs1

Padawan

Suits is back !!! It just got Litt up !! Episode 11 was awesome !! :D :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Man, POI is getting intense with each passing episode. I just wish they can maintain this pace till rest of the episodes. Its only 11 and 11 more yet to come.

acidCow

Broken In

Man, POI is getting intense with each passing episode. I just wish they can maintain this pace till rest of the episodes. Its only 11 and 11 more yet to come.
Yeah man!
The trilogy was amazing! Now that they left the Brotherhood-Elias story arc for quite sometime, They've got a lot to cover in the upcoming episodes.

use spoilers or don't post anything beyond rating as good or bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

way2jatin

Journeyman

Suits S04E12 is good enough to show his thinking prowess of Harvey Specter. But Lewis Litt sometimes look like wayward. In short , it is a good episode. I personally want Daniel Hardman and Darby to be back and haunt Peason Specter LITT.

ashs1

Padawan

The return of Daniel Hardman would bring a nice twist to the show...i hated darby..sweet-talking SoB. :p

Blue Leaf

Broken In

I had downloaded it a long time back but just started watching it after it was selected as the Featured Series @BTN

*cdn2.broadcasthe.net/tvdb/banners/posters/82109-9.jpg

Top Bottom