All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Homeland Season 1 by sam9s - All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here
Homeland Season 2 by sam9s - All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here
Homeland Season 3 by sam9s - All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here
Homeland Season 6 by sam9s - All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here
(I searched your Homeland reviews, could not find 4 & 5 season)

I wanted to know why you liked this show that much.. for me it was ok. nothing more.
It was boring for me may be because I was not in mood to watch that series or mood off or slow pace or I just wanted to finish what I have started.. I can't remember that..
BTW it's still on watch list, season 3 to end still remaining..)

Well I sure thought I did review 4 and 5, but guess I was wrong, anyway I would not have said anything different for these 2 seasons as well, what I already have not said for the rest. They were equally good if not better than other seasons.

I saw you list. I dont judge people like that Bro, ...:), any way I noticed that most of your watch list has super hero fantasy stuff kind of series. 14 out of 26 are super heroish TV series. So again I am not judging you, but seems you have an inclination towards this Genre more. Hence LESS liking towards more serious, drama based, dialogue oriented TV series. Frankly, I could not stand FLASH and supergirl as well ... left in middle. ARROW as well left it. The only super hero TV series I loved was DAREDEVIL, coz of its dark approch and very well built combact scenes.

Have you seen BILLIONS. For me, it's reached in my top 5 all time. I am sure you will not like it ...but as I said that's perfectly fine .... each to its own ... :)

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
^next in queue is House of Cards, I guess its dialogue oriented TV series..
I was watching TV series for the 1st time, so started with some known genre, sci-fi, action (hyped by Hollywood movies)
I am trying new genre, adjusting to new takes time.. :)

Billions, not yet.. added to list.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@sam9s try John Doe if you haven't yet.It's an old one season series with scifi-sh themes but drama & acting is good.Only downside is it was axed with a cliffhanger but even then it is worth watching in my opinion.

I also recommend Kyle XY(though 3rd/last season was bad but again it is worth watching for first 2 seasons).

If time travel & some cheesy fun is required then try Seven Days whose 1st season is one of the best entertaining(even if cheesy) scifi I have seen.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Thanks for the link. I tried your link and got this series called southland? Never heard of it before.Any idea on that one?

not watched yet, its in watch list.. Ask other I haven't seen yet, they can tell you better.
@sam9s

What I do is, I check all ratings from different sites.. constant rating then go for it..
IMDB - Southland (TV Series 2009–2013) - IMDb
Trakt.TV - Southland
Rotten Tomatoes - Southland
common sense media - Southland - TV Review
TV.com - Southland

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
@sam9s try John Doe if you haven't yet.It's an old one season series with scifi-sh themes but drama & acting is good.Only downside is it was axed with a cliffhanger but even then it is worth watching in my opinion.

I also recommend Kyle XY(though 3rd/last season was bad but again it is worth watching for first 2 seasons).

If time travel & some cheesy fun is required then try Seven Days whose 1st season is one of the best entertaining(even if cheesy) scifi I have seen.

Will give John Doe try ...... and even though I am a HUGE fan of Time Travel genre I am a bit too critical when it comes to judging the complexities that come with time travel and hence Seven Days might not be for me. I would love to give a try to some serious technically good Time Travel TV series. I have not come across any yet.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Bought a smart tv, got amazon prime. Need suggestions for some good shows to binge watch.
Mostly have watched sitcoms or crime/detective shows previously like sherlock, castle etc. Would like sci-fi or any good drama, thriller.

Sent from my MotoG3-TE using Tapatalk

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Bought a smart tv, got amazon prime. Need suggestions for some good shows to binge watch.
Mostly have watched sitcoms or crime/detective shows previously like sherlock, castle etc. Would like sci-fi or any good drama, thriller.

Fringe

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Just completed Bosch season 3. Need suggestion for a similar quality cop drama. Have already seen True Detective. How is southland ?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

harry10

Gadgets freak
So, I finally finished HOUSE.
Yes, I had seen the series long time back but never saw final 2 episodes. Loved it so much just couldn't bring myself to see it ending.
I must say the finale was absolutely brilliant and very perspective to who House is as a person. Everybody lies after all.

Also, the 23rd episode which is a making of house is really good. Gives a great insight how much hard work everyone has put into making even one episode.

I think HOUSE is the best character ever written on Tv. Even better than Walter White. Probably because he was so eccentric and unpredictable.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Completed The Night Manager - Very matured Spy TV Series, Like watching James Bond Movie in slow space....The Best one seen so far.
Excellent.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Has anyone been watching the short clips from Oats Studio on YouTube/Steam by Neil Blomkamp.
Quite intense and an amazing concept, all 3 clips leave a lot to be desired. Have been a fan of Neil's work since District 9.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Anyone seen a tv series called Life?

Life (TV Series 2007–2009) - IMDb

Worth checking out. Damian Lewis from Homeland stars in it. Unfortunately, it was cancelled after just two seasons.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone seen a tv series called Life?

Life (TV Series 2007–2009) - IMDb

Worth checking out. Damian Lewis from Homeland stars in it. Unfortunately, it was cancelled after just two seasons.
Yes,it was a good series & very good acting by Damien Lewis,female lead acting was also good.The female lead also starred in Person of Interest.

Top Bottom