All laptop related queries here!!!

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
^ have u seen Dell Inspiron 13
*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/laptop-inspiron-13?c=in&cs=&l=en&s=gen&~ck=mn

Any idea about the prices of these two versions of EEE PCs ? They look quite cheap abroad.

*www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=318579&CatId=3300

*www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=321676&CatId=3300

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
hey digitians i need ur advice here..
i m going to buy new laptop...after seaching all around and reading reviews..i got stuck upto this configuration of dell studio 15
Base System Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor T8100
2.1GHz, 3MB Cache, 800 MHz FSB

Memory 3GB (1X1GB + 1X2GB) 667MHz Dual Channel DDR SDRAM

Hard Drives 250GB SATA Hard Drive

Internal Optical Drive Internal 8X DVD + /-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities

Video Card 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450

Keyboard Dell(TM) Backlit Keyboard with Touchpad (English)

Primary Battery 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Operating System Genuine Windows Vista(R) Home Premium 32 bit SP1 Edition (English)

Wireless Network Solution Dell Wireless 1397 802.11b/g Half Mini Card

Audio Solution Integrated Stereo Sound

Bluetooth Module Dell(TM) Wireless 370 Bluetooth Module

Total Amount Rs 47,646.00
Total Amount Before Tax Rs 47,646.00
CD/CVD/Excise Duty Rs 5,889.05
VAT - 4% Rs 2,141.40
Total Amount Before OCTROI TAX Rs 55,676.45
OCTROI - 0% Rs 0.00
Total Tax Rs 8,030.45
Total Amount After Tax Rs 55,676.45

rest of features are common..i customized this according to my budget of 50K but after adding excise duty it goes upto 55K which i dont want to pay....so can u guys suggest me...same configuration or higher configuration than this one but under the budget of 50K

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
^^if u call dell. and discuss with them abt this config then u can bargain. it is easy to shave of most of the taxes if u say it is for personal use. call dell few times. talk to different call centre ppl at dell. and bargain easy to knock off atleast 3-4k

anni

Broken In
Hi,
I am using IBM thinkpad. I purchased two yr back only 80 gb disk. I want to purchased a new one. I want to know is it possible to replace my old disk with new more gb disk like 160 or 320 hard disk or i hv to attach a external usb hard disk. and if possible, where i can replace this in delhi. As I never open my laptop, in pc i know how to replace, but in laptop i don't know.

hissam.sherkar

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys

I'm was planning to HP pavillion DV 6910 TX but got to know from resellers that WIN-XP nor linux could be installed on it.*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif

I need to have dual booting with Ubuntu linux and Win-XP as for my work preferences.*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Guys, lemme about this problem *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon3.gif*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon3.gif
that is it true that if Vista is integrated that means no other OS could be installed??*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon4.gif
Also heard bout bios option(HP) Native OS-On/Off, do anyone know about this??*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Also which brand is good in comparison HP or Dell??*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif

ajit456

Broken In
Hey guys

I'm was planning to HP pavillion DV 6910 TX but got to know from resellers that WIN-XP nor linux could be installed on it.*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif

I need to have dual booting with Ubuntu linux and Win-XP as for my work preferences.*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Guys, lemme about this problem *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon3.gif*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon3.gif
that is it true that if Vista is integrated that means no other OS could be installed??*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon4.gif
Also heard bout bios option(HP) Native OS-On/Off, do anyone know about this??*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Also which brand is good in comparison HP or Dell??*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif

I just now bought a dv 6910TX.it simply rocks!!!..IMO, HP is better in India than DELL....if u dont want vista, buy some other lappy . U'll save some money atleast.....But if u r not goin to experiment with ur installed OS and hardware, i strongly recommend HP DV6910TX......

also forget to say...i got a 8.2MP digicam free with my lappy.....although it's not still in my hands...HP says it will take 6 weeks to reach me.......So my effective cost is only 41K......i think the offer is over...u r bit unlucky....had u posted little early, i would hav told u...

Last edited:

dragonlord

Broken In
Dell XPS 1530 Waiting Time

What is the current waiting time to get an Dell XPS 1530 delivered (Dell says the standard 1 weeks time), but ppl who ordered already, should have an exact idea.... Anyone ???
(Shiiping to TamilNadu - Chennai)

williamkane

Hi guys,

I bought a hpdv6700 special edition notebook a week back. I have some queries about it, though they appear long, I tried my best to explain my questions in detail, I request you to answer them -

1) Do I need to charge my laptop for the first time for __ number of hours ??. I charged it initially for a couple of hours, I saw that its 95% charged. Then I unplugged it and started using it, and within 30mins, I saw the charge comedown to 80-85%...is that normal?..For how long will a 6 cell battery give power backup? ..I request you to provide some clear information on battery backup and charging.

2) Hard disk size is 250gb. But I see two drives here named localdisk(C) - 220 GB and HP_RECOVERY- 12 GB. So where is the other 18 GB??...I am sorry if my question is too naive but this is the first time I am using a harddrive of this big size with vista installed on it, so please tell me if that is how it is supposed to be.

3) Out of the 220 GB of Localdisk (C), around 55GB is already filled with vista and HP related stuff. But when I check the individual files, they do not occupy more than 25GB!!..is that because of some hidden files or something that ivent counted while checking???...how much space does vista occupy?..also the HP_RECOVERY drive is almost full. So out of 250 GB is my effective usage only around 170 GB ????.

4) I see a remote control holder kind of a plug point on the right, but I fail to understand how to place the remote properly there, coz when i try putting it inside I am unable to take it out easily. Is it for remote actually or is it for something else??..

Please answer these questions as soon as possible :) .

PeedDGrt

Hi I've.. Hp pavilion dv6703tx laptop containing nVidia GeForce 8400Gs graphic card...
But i'm nt able to find any driver for XP for this Gcard....Any body having any solution as Hp don't provide any driver for xp in its website....

Jayanth.M.P

Journeyman
hello guys,

i just bought a LG ED 500 laptop. Costed Rs 30,500 in bangalore. although i am happy with the performance of the lappy. I find the battery backup a bit low. Its been only on 2 charges till now but it doesnt last more than 2:30 mins. Can someone tell me how i can purchase a battery for this that lasts more than 3-4 hrs.

I am also interested in knowing about external ie Universal laptop battries.

sreeraj.r.kartha

Hi William,

Regarding your first query, I think this is normal to have the battery charge reduced to 80% after 30 minutes of use....Rest of the questions...sorry...

Have a nice day...
Sreeraj

Nidhi87

hey guys!
help me in purchasing a laptop.
i want buy a hasslefree laptop, which'd not get attacked by viruses blah blah blah
my bf is insisting me to buy a Apple Mac mini, he says this laptop is immune to virus. he said that even if a virus is opened, it cant affect my files.
is it true?

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Mention your budget.
Linux is immune to virus, you can use that on any laptop. No need to buy a costly mac if you just want immunity from viruses.

Top Bottom