All laptop related queries here!!!

Sourabh

Laptoping
sudhir_mangla said:
I want to buy a new laptop. My budget is around 50,000 to 55,0000 rupees.
I would use laptop for programming purpose mostly using visual studio 2005 or 2008. and sometime for net surfing

Kindly suggest me best configuration laptop for this price range.

Choto Cheeta (A member of digit forum) hs suggested me to choose between Dell 1520 and HP Pavilion dv6516TX Entertainment Notebook PC.

is there any other laptop availabel for my budget or these are the best available option. I am findling Dell 1520 as good option.
I would like to know experts comments.
I would suggest you to consider XPS M1530. The specs and price are similar. M1530 has a brilliant design, sleek looks, slot-loading optical drive, GDDR3 VRAM, touch-sensitive media buttons, fingerprint reader, thinner and of course lighter.

Stock config costs 50k, configure it with GeForce 8600M GT for additional 3k and you're good to go. Any day better than the Inspiron 1520. I guess I forgot to mention, XPS M1530 also features a built-in HDMI port to hook it up to a bigger LCD TV if you have or want to. Opt for the one which works out the best for you.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
CadCrazy said:
I want laptop with 17' screen. Budget is 50000/-. Dell 1720 is 62000 out of my budget. Any cheaper option with AMD procy

Abe kisi ko meri post dikayi nahi de rahi kya :D

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Hp 9502 for 38500/- . I want something better than that as i can extend my budget to 50000/-. Any other option plz

Sledgehammer

Right off the assembly line
Hi!
I'm a student doing engineering in computer science and engineering and am planning to buy a laptop for myself.
I dont really need a notebook which gives really high performance.Im not a hardcore gamer either.Programing and animation to a certain extent along with the usual music and movies is the stuff i need my machine to be able to do.my budget is around 35-40k.the cheaper the better...;)..
Please guide me on the following issues and suggest some possible options too..(i want to stick to either of hp,compaq,dell or lenovo only)
1)what does the Ghz rating mean and how does it affect the functionality of my laptop?( i was looking at something between 1.7-2)
2)how useful is cache memory for me?
3)what is the difference between an amd athlon turion and a core 2 duo?
4)i found that the compaq presario V6608AU was quite like a thing i needed.. kindly comment.
Actually im still not really sure a bout an AMD.does this presario come with an intel thing?

thanks!

I also found Dell Inspiron 1420 and 1520 interesting... kindly advice...

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
Hi!
I'm a student doing engineering in computer science and engineering and am planning to buy a laptop for myself.
I dont really need a notebook which gives really high performance.Im not a hardcore gamer either.Programing and animation to a certain extent along with the usual music and movies is the stuff i need my machine to be able to do.my budget is around 35-40k.the cheaper the better...;)..
Please guide me on the following issues and suggest some possible options too..(i want to stick to either of hp,compaq,dell or lenovo only)
1)what does the Ghz rating mean and how does it affect the functionality of my laptop?( i was looking at something between 1.7-2)
2)how useful is cache memory for me?
3)what is the difference between an amd athlon turion and a core 2 duo?
4)i found that the compaq presario V6608AU was quite like a thing i needed.. kindly comment.
Actually im still not really sure a bout an AMD.does this presario come with an intel thing?

thanks!

I also found Dell Inspiron 1420 and 1520 interesting... kindly advice...
You can get the dv6608au.. It used to be the best vfm.
But now 1420 and 1520 prices hav been slashed too much..
@mhgautam wait for some time... and dv6608au is much more vfm than 4520.. Dell prices may come down more..

You can get the dv6608au.. It used to be the best vfm.
But now 1420 and 1520 prices hav been slashed too much..
@mhgautam wait for some time... and dv6608au is much more vfm than 4520.. Dell prices may come down more..
*h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/in/en/ho/W...123071-1123071-1123071-80637409-80841672.html
wow... I still can't breathe properly. Does HP sell it without Vista(I use linux)?
And by Dell, tell me something they have thats better than even this baby.

gabbar

Laptop from US or india ??

Hi,
One of my friends is coming to india from US. He could bring along a laptop for me. I wish to know whether its a good idea to buy a laptop lets say DELL 1720 from US (price $1099 --> approx 45,000 INR) and buy the 3yr-warranty package in india or I should buy it from india only ??

Also If I get it from US then should I buy the DELL 1720 or any other brands ??

Thanks in advance

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@gabbar

Doubt if dell India will provide u extended warranty for the laptop u've got from US. U can 1st call up their toll free no. and find out.

New Viao's are also available 4 arnd 60k but dell 1720 is d best option 4 u

sudhir_mangla

Broken In
Hi I have just ordered Dell 1520 But no they said dell has stop this model and a new model would be launched soon. I feel cheated now. New model would be more costlier. Kindly suggest another model.

gabbar

@gabbar

Doubt if dell India will provide u extended warranty for the laptop u've got from US. U can 1st call up their toll free no. and find out.

New Viao's are also available 4 arnd 60k but dell 1720 is d best option 4 u

Hi,
I talked to the DELL representative and he told me that I can actually purchase the warranty package which will come out to be 8,000/- for 1 yr and 13,000/- for two years for 1720. Is this the correct price.. because it looks quite steep to me ? What do you guys suggest ??

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
^^^
Just Insure ur Laptop... thats enough in case of any heavy damage for ur laptop... U will get the money after some depreciation...

xplusak

Re: Laptop from US or india ??

Hi,
One of my friends is coming to india from US. He could bring along a laptop for me. I wish to know whether its a good idea to buy a laptop lets say DELL 1720 from US (price $1099 --> approx 45,000 INR) and buy the 3yr-warranty package in india or I should buy it from india only ??

All cos have International warranties. So think like it is you who bought it in US and brought it here. It is covered for whatever is paid for there, 1-2-3 years. It may take time but they have to service it here (if International is the extended warranty). Only thing they may not extend warranty here, so plan it beforehand.

And WTH, 62-45=17k (minus+minus check the custom duty if any) saved! you can pay all repairs from this savings if u get unlucky, and that can happen.

BTW, i suggest u get 9 cell packed, it is <2k extra.

On the lighter side - can he:cool: carry 2 pieces - JJ.

hi ppl..
i own a inspiron 1720 notebook.. its really awesome..
wen i went thro' the manual i noticed the option for inserting the sim in the slot provided for it in the battery compartment.. but they've not mentioned the use of it.. i tried inserting and it fits perfectly... but it shows no sign of any change when pc is turned on... what is it for???

Phew.... what da techy says? i also wannna know?
BTW did you opt for 9 cell pack (and addi AV cable set) they say makes 5 hrs go by. More qtns - what bill?

Last edited:

Cyclone

Darth Penguin
Finally, Its my turn!!! Been reading all the posts on this threads for months, watching and learning, and waiting to get the green signal from my parents! Now that they've said yes, i have to decide the model. I'm pretty set on the HP Dv6602AU, the Compaq v6608AU's big brother. Somehow, picking up a stripped down dell doesn't agree with me, when I'm getting this power-packed baby for a steal. But thats just me.

Alright fellas, start shooting. College student, a little gaming, a little studying, and a lot of AutoCAD and ProE. Budget ~40k. Options - HP Dv6602AU, Dell 1520/1420/1525 (I'm rather hesitant about 'ordering' a laptop, esp since my college is in an out-of-the-way place), and Acer Aspire 4720.

My roommate just bought the last one, and to tell you the truth, i'm not that impressed by its looks - the plasticky decor rather put me off, it reminded me of one of those toy computers i used to mess around with when i was in my diapers. Is it a better performer than the HP 6602? <please, for the love of god, say no!!! You'll break my heart!!! :-( >

Cyc Out!

Top Bottom