All laptop related queries here!!!

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
suggest a laptop for 60k-70k.. no special requirements... a frnd of mine needs it.... shez gonna take a students loan for it... shez doing architecture

she was thinking of getting it from one of her relatives from singapore, but i denied due to warranty probs... i did right, hopefully, eh??

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
Apple MacBook Pro or MacBook? OS X is good for students and maybe for Arch studs. MBP starts $2k so might be out of her budget. MacBook starts from $1,100.

Get from Singapore. The price is going to cheaper than in India by atleast 5%. All Apple Macs come with International Warranty for a year (you can extend ot 3 years if you pay for Apple Care).

If you're into Windows only, then Dell XPS M1530. I think the Santa Rosa walla costs Rs 64k here.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
windows prefered.... n if she buyz from singapore, wont warranty b a problemo??
Apple gives International Warranty (no need to pay extra) for a year (can be extended). Not sure about other brands. My Mac was shipped from USA and I've confirmed with my local Chennai Apple dealer that he will replace/service the Mac without charging, should there be any issue.

Your budget is in the higher side, so suggested Mac. Also girls tend to like Apple/Sony because of the design. But if you want Windows, then go for Dell XPS. At 64k (should be cheaper in Singapore) is a good buy and it looks good. Talk to your local Dell guy and confirm if you can ship the lappy from outside India.

^^
Apple MacBook Pro or MacBook? OS X is good for students and maybe for Arch studs. MBP starts $2k so might be out of her budget. MacBook starts from $1,100.

Get from Singapore. The price is going to cheaper than in India by atleast 5%. All Apple Macs come with International Warranty for a year (you can extend ot 3 years if you pay for Apple Care).

If you're into Windows only, then Dell XPS M1530. I think the Santa Rosa walla costs Rs 64k here.
wait a sec, why is macintosh good for students ? Any built in encyclopedias, tutorial software etc comes with it ?

xbonez

NP : Crysis
^^ i checked that, but the prices seem exorbitantly high....80gb laptop hdd is for 2.2k, why shud 160gb be so high?? are these prces tru?

coolendra

Neil is Here...
hi ppl....

I need to buy a lappy with a 60grand budget..

i am game for HP only...
plz suggest a good one ..
it would be primarily used in a hostel..(gaming,movies nd presentations)

so plz shoot ur suggestions...

coolendra

Neil is Here...
Hi ppl.. thanx for ur suggestions...

i checked the dell xps 1530 ... its got a 15.4 screen....i am looking for 17"

i have seen HP Pavilion dv9507TX....
Here are the specs..
*h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01177990&lc=en&cc=in&dlc=en&product=3446847

i am getting this for around 59-60 grands...

howz the deal ??...
ne other mean machine which has a good processor nd grafix card in this budget ??..

Just want to inform you all:

forget the Compaq Pressario V702 and go for the F733AU notebook instead by paying just Rs. 3k extra. It has an additional 512 mb ram, an Athlon X2 1.9GHz*2 instead of a crappy Celeron 1.8GHz, 40GB extra HDD, Nvidia GeForce Go 7000M instead of GMA X3100 and hence a much sweeter deal if you are looking at the value segment.

juggler

In the zone
Just want to inform you all:

forget the Compaq Pressario V702 and go for the F733AU notebook instead by paying just Rs. 3k extra. It has an additional 512 mb ram, an Athlon X2 1.9GHz*2 instead of a crappy Celeron 1.8GHz, 40GB extra HDD, Nvidia GeForce Go 7000M instead of GMA X3100 and hence a much sweeter deal if you are looking at the value segment.

how much is f733au is selling for ???
isnt x3100 better than geforce 7000m

Top Bottom