All laptop related queries here!!!

INS-ANI

In the zone
Hi guys,
This thread had been very informative. Especially Acer 4520 suits my requirement very well....
I wish if u can advice me some products with this configuration

AMD Turion(>1.5Ghz)
1 GB RAM
160GB HDD
Free DOS

I wasn't able to find any DELL lappy with this configuration

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
OK, I have a budget of around Rs. 50,000 and I need a notebook from any company.

I need it for the purpose of interior design and it should run AutoCAD 2008 and 3DsMAX properly. There is no other requirement.

Are both these applications fully compatible with Vista?

Thank you! :)

acharpriya

Right off the assembly line
Hello,
I am thinking of buying this laptop : Sony Vaoi -VGN CR 23G. Can anyone pls. tell me anything about this? Recommendations? Whether I should go for this or not? If someone has used and like to share anything?
priya

hayabusa_ryu

Journeyman
hello friends,

Can anyone plz tell me which laptop will be best for me under price range of 35000/-? I'm not going for AMD.Suggest an intel processor's based laptop.I m a student. thanx

maxknr

Right off the assembly line
Hows Compaq Compaq Presario V3611AU / 3611 in comparison with pentium dual core processor based notbooks
its mobile athlon based . does that heating problems ?

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
hayabusa_ryu said:
hello friends,

Can anyone plz tell me which laptop will be best for me under price range of 35000/-? I'm not going for AMD.Suggest an intel processor's based laptop.I m a student. thanx
acer 4710z

i bought acer 4710z last week.

its a neat balanced performer. good value for money.
good configuration. driver for xp and vista provided.
cost :: 33,000/=

i have installed windows xp pro sp2.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
Hey guys my laptop has got some problem...

I m not sure whether it is really a problem or not :D

Actually when i use laptop on the bed then sometimes the touchpad mouse stops working .. It seems like it gets hanged for sometime(the mouse cursor hangs, operating system never hangs).. after sometime or after changing the position of laptop it starts working again..

SO plz tell me is laptop not recommended to be used on the bed...????
Is this a problem with touchpad mouse or what.....?
pLz explain

Last edited:

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
YES!! u shuld not use it in keeping bed!! Allow some Air circulation.. bottom of laptop for hot air to escape...

so u better buy some cooling pads or keep a Book below ur laptop while using like me :D :D

arunks

Hey here is the aks
hey is air circulation related with touchpad mouse working???????

is this problem in every laptop or only in mine?????????

plz understand the query and reply..

thanx in advance

Last edited:

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@arunks

Ur bed blocks the air circulation of the laptop. This results in heating up of area near your mousepad thus affecting the working of it. I normally keep a box between my bed and laptop so air flow is not affected.

I experience sluggish performance and overheating of keypad and mousepad when air flow of my laptop is blocked.

hayabusa_ryu

Journeyman
And which is the best laptop under price range of 40000/- to 45000/-? Almost for every purpose like playing games ,watching movies, future proof etc. I prefer only Intel Processors.

sivarap

In the zone
@arunks

1.it could be because of the shock to the hdd when you move the laptop around.
2.it could be because of heat which is slows ur entire machine... not only ur mouse movement.
3.might sound silly but could be because u accidentally turned the touchpad off. does it happen always?
what laptop do you have? what OS?
When u take it to your bed (only literal meaning meant......:D) i assume you unplug the power cord.....the transition to battery mode power setting cld also be the reason.
As the guys suggested, use a flat surface to keep ur notebook so that there is a lil gap between the laptop and the surface(due to the shoes provided at the base of the laptop)

arunks

Hey here is the aks
it only happens with mouse cursor and tht too happens sometimes and that for little time..

and power is there ...
I will try placing some book below laptop

sivarap

In the zone
and did u try using the shorcut keys when u say that hte mouse pointer is stuck????? then u can narrow down that its a problem only with ur touch pad...
also try reinstalling the driver for ur touch pad....

Top Bottom