All laptop related queries here!!!

elumalai

Broken In
do anybody know where in chennai the Sharp QA-1650 panels are sold?
Please, not even a single page from india are returned when searched in google.

virus_killer

Journeyman
Re: ALL LAPTOP RELATED QUERIES HERE ! !

hi,
wnt new laptop, can u plz suggest me a good one under 60 to 65k,

u tel me which laptop to buy , i just want 1GB of DDR RAM (667MHZ), 80 or 100GB of Hard Drive, DVD writer, 15.1" screen,Graphics card of 256MB or 512 MB,,Wi-Fi,bluetooth

and also tel me whts d difference between COMPAQ's lap and HP, b'coz i have found that compaq's laptop are cheaper then HP at the same configuration level. help me guys

merawalaid

Broken In
"low-price gaming laptop"
those are pretty difficult to find rohanchauhan22 !!!
if you just want to play games like Counter-strike , the cheap option is to go for a core-solo processor with 1GB ram. Other wise for 3D heavy games you eithe switch to destops or increase ur budget and buy a lappy with a 3D card like Geforce Go or Ati Mobility.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
is it better to buy a laptop now or should i wait til Feb'07, since core 2 duo will be launching in most brands ....and maybe some laptop bundle Dx10....maybe

kumargautam2003

Right off the assembly line
Dell Inspiron 6400

I ordered this system yesterday from dell online shop.

Dell Inspiron 6400 Code-N541006
1. Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 Duo Processor 2 GHZ, 4MB Cache, 667 MHZ FSB (Originaly it was 1.66 GHz 2 MB Cache Core Duo)
2. 1024 MB (2 x 512 MB) DDR2 SDRAM
3. 80 GB SATA Hard Drive (Originaly it was 60 GB)
4. 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive dual layer write capabilities (Originaly it was 24x DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive)
5. 128MB ATI Mobility Radeon (R) X1300 Hypermemory
6. Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module
7. Wireless Network Intel (R) PRO/Wireless 3945 Dual Band 54 MBPS
8. 15.4" WXGA TFT Display (1280 x 800 res)
9. Windows(R) XP Home Edition with CD Media
10. Carry case nylon case

It costed me exactly 63,485 Including taxes.

Now that i have ordered it , i find 4 issues.

1. In the invoice they have told me its XP home dedition, may be i missed this customization i think, so what should i do now?? Can i upgrade it to proffesional myself?

2. The graphics card is a hypermemory, will it eat into my main system RAM.

3. Have i done anything wrong in this order, Please tell me if theer is something wrong so that i can change it.

4. What are the applications of core 2 duo, and will it be able to play new games.

----------------------------------------
Curently dont own anything where i am right now, waiting for order to come in 14 days.
Having an old P4 810 at home, it sux big time.

mad_dr1ver

Re: Dell Inspiron 6400

kumargautam2003 said:
I ordered this system yesterday from dell online shop.

Dell Inspiron 6400 Code-N541006
1. Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 Duo Processor 2 GHZ, 4MB Cache, 667 MHZ FSB (Originaly it was 1.66 GHz 2 MB Cache Core Duo)
2. 1024 MB (2 x 512 MB) DDR2 SDRAM
3. 80 GB SATA Hard Drive (Originaly it was 60 GB)
4. 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive dual layer write capabilities (Originaly it was 24x DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive)
5. 128MB ATI Mobility Radeon (R) X1300 Hypermemory
6. Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module
7. Wireless Network Intel (R) PRO/Wireless 3945 Dual Band 54 MBPS
8. 15.4" WXGA TFT Display (1280 x 800 res)
9. Windows(R) XP Home Edition with CD Media
10. Carry case nylon case

It costed me exactly 63,485 Including taxes.

Now that i have ordered it , i find 4 issues.

1. In the invoice they have told me its XP home dedition, may be i missed this customization i think, so what should i do now?? Can i upgrade it to proffesional myself?

2. The graphics card is a hypermemory, will it eat into my main system RAM.

3. Have i done anything wrong in this order, Please tell me if theer is something wrong so that i can change it.

4. What are the applications of core 2 duo, and will it be able to play new games.

----------------------------------------
Curently dont own anything where i am right now, waiting for order to come in 14 days.
Having an old P4 810 at home, it sux big time.
Ur graphics card is not quite up to the mark if gaming is the interest . geForce 7000 series is a better option but i guss its not an option inthis laptop.

Opt for the AV connection kit if u want to watch movies playing on thelaptop on ur television.

And u wont be able to upgrade to profesional urself as selling off the XP home version tht comes with yopur laptop will be an issue. If u upgrade now only, its going to be cheaper alernative. but really if u are a usual home user, there is no need to upgrade to XP pro.

Also have u checked teh prices, the configcome to almost 70,000 withut taxes for me

DipDaWiz

Broken In
Planning to buy a notebook within 70K.

Planning for HP dv6114tx laptop, its 63K after upgrading the RAM to 1GB and including TAX in Pune.

How is Toshiba Setellite A100 laptops with Core Duo? Any Suggestions or feedback...

rohanchauhan22

You did better go for alienware or rock laptops. They are really made for games

Last edited:

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Hav come across lots of complains against dell recently n bad service of dell... Beware! Acer has improved its service of late... but no change in d quality

mmbootwala

DipDaWiz said:
Planning to buy a notebook within 70K.

Planning for HP dv6114tx laptop, its 63K after upgrading the RAM to 1GB and including TAX in Pune.

How is Toshiba Setellite A100 laptops with Core Duo? Any Suggestions or feedback...
Murtaza Bootwala

ashish_11

Acer Or Dell (budget notebooks)

i heard acer notebooks breakdown after a year or so
they constantly give trouble after it`s warranty period

Is it true

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Ofcourse Dell whn compared to Acer. Acer's do breakdown soon but not all units r d same... So go 4 Dell.

ashish_11

hey Akshay

i wanted to ask u abt the small companies like Zenith, MSI, ACI etc..:confused:

r they good, If yes which one(i'm intrested in the MSI in particular):)

Top Bottom