All laptop related queries here!!!

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@mayhem

Dats a prb with HP n Compaq. U can disable ur wifi frm "Device Manager" whnevr u want to. So this doesnt affect ur bluetooth. U can resume using wifi by just enabling wifi frm Device Manager again

hackers2005.3721

In the zone
hii!!!!!!!! all this is akhilesh frm mumbai i need a laptop good one for gaming and surfing i have seen dv5200tx and dv8216tx both have nice configration can anyy one tell me the differance and the price for the both as i am thinking to buy one of them . i can spend 65000rs maxx nt more thatand i dont need webcam , fingerprint reader, and other all thing i am a colledge going guy ad will be needeing for my mba

the second thing is the life span of a laptop is how much ?? and how much hours shuld it be used

the third thing is i have heard that after december the prices of laptop will go down more then ever before is it true as i have meet mayy people sayigto buy a laptop after december

Last edited:

paul_007

Padawan
guys i am goin for HP pavillion DV5200TX , is this laptop good , i saw it configuration and was really impressed , so shud i go for this one ??

hackers2005.3721

In the zone
paul_007 said:
guys i am goin for HP pavillion DV5200TX , is this laptop good , i saw it configuration and was really impressed , so shud i go for this one ??

yaa dude i am going too for dv5200tx it is good for gamers and net . and can u also telll me what is the price frm where u gt and where do u live as am thinking to buy this one after u buy so u can pst your coments PLZZ TELL ME THE PRICE OF DV5200TX YARR PLZZ EVER ONE PST YOUR COMMENT PLZZ

Last edited:

nirbhai21

Right off the assembly line
hello to fellow geeks,
i have an acer aspire 5032
with Turion processor and the goodies.
my troubles are:
1. the performance is not upto the mark due to insufficient RAM can u tell me from where and for how much i can get a 512 mb ddr @ 333 mhz stick.
2. the lap has an 8 cell Li ion battery but despite this the backup is pathetic lastin just 2- 2:15 hrs. plz help me rectify this.
3. the system heats up excessively .
4. acer has some softwares like epowermanagement and AMD has Powernow where can i get these.

thanx in advance.

paul_007

Padawan
hackers2005.3721 said:
yaa dude i am going too for dv5200tx it is good for gamers and net . and can u also telll me what is the price frm where u gt and where do u live as am thinking to buy this one after u buy so u can pst your coments PLZZ TELL ME THE PRICE OF DV5200TX YARR PLZZ EVER ONE PST YOUR COMMENT PLZZ

its price is quoted to me(new delhi)----> Rs 67,430 including taxes, handling etc

hackers2005.3721

In the zone
hiiiiii all every one using hp 5200tx i have heard that v3000of compaq is beeter can any one tell meee
i have heard that dual core laptop r vryy cheap and low of quality

plsoft

Journeyman
Bought Compaq Presario V3070TU from Nehru Place for Rs 48,000 (total amt).
Intel Core Duo Processor T2050 (1.6 GHz)
Intel 945GM Express Chipset
60GB HDD SATA
8X SuperMulti Drive Double Layer (8.5 GB) DVD Writer
Li-Ion Battery (6 Cell)
14" Widescreen WXGA TFT Display with BrightView Screen Technology
Altec Lansing Stereo Speakers
512 MB DDR2
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 950
Integrated Wireless LAN 802.11b/g
5-in-1 Digital Media Reader, 56K Modem, NIC, Integrated Bluetooth, TouchPad, S-Video TV Out, IEEE 1394, 3 USB 2.0, FreeDOS
1 year Parts and labour

grizz46

Hi all.. i have planned to buy a laptop and found the dell inspiron 6400 to fit my needs except one thing.. i want to play games as well but the highest option they have is ati x1400 which is not meant for latest games.. so does anybody know if i can request them to fit it with atleast a nvidia 7800 Go ? do they encourage such requests.. if anybody has already done so or has any idea.. please try to help me.. Thanx..

OH forgot to ask.. also tell me if there is any alternative to this config.. budget is arnd 60k.. Thanx

Last edited:

Sourabh

Laptoping
^^ Dell Inspiron 9400 (17" ws) has customization for Go7900GS but that could turn out to be a 75k+ affair. You can probably ask Dell for the Go7900GS on the 6400 - could be done ideally speaking instead of the X1400 but cooling and heasink size used on the 9400 would be an issue to fit in on the relatively smaller 6400.

You wouldnt find anything for hi-end gaming on a 60k laptop, accept it and stick to a descent X1400 or Go7400. Gaming is not all about playing latest games at the max resolutions.

grizz46

Thanx for the reply @Sourabh..
you r rite about the 9400, it has option of Go7900gs but also notice that it has the the ati x1400 as standard so the size of both cards will be the same and as the x1400 also comes in 6400, the 7900gs could be installed in the 6400.. I had found a nice guide on this.. goto this link.. *www.legitreviews.com/article/349/1/ .. a dell E1705 is shown which comes with x1400 as standard which is replaced by a Go7800. Notice both cards have same size.. so i thought it might be possible for the inspiron 6400 as well.. neways thanx for helping me out.. :)

amit_at_stg

Broken In
Cheap And Best 12" Screen Laptop

I want to buy a slim light weight 12" screen laptop, plz suggest the sheap and best model and its price.

thanks

mad_dr1ver

HI jutst purchases HP Compaq Presario V3070TU 'book...

Must say its quite a looker and a gr8 piece of hardware. i have a grouse though...... where is the DRIVER FOR THE HP INTEGRATED MODULE AKA the Bluetooth......!

Its not on any accompanying CD
Its not on the Website
There is no information as to the chipset in use so that i can search for a generic driver.......

its taken me 3 hrs and still am at loss as to how to remove that ! mark against the HP integrated module in my device manager... any help wud be more than welcome

Thanks

Sourabh

Laptoping
Intel plans to have 85% of its mobile processor sales in the form of core duo and core 2 duo by the end of this year. Forget about them taking over the Indian market entirely, when we still see 3xx celeron M in most entry level notebooks. So for them to go main stream, you would have to do away with celeron M, pentium M and then core duo's. too far fetched isnt it?

Top Bottom