All laptop related queries here!!!

dissel

Cyborg Agent
To update SSD firmware, usually the SSD provider provides a software:
WD Software

Done this test today as I packed the drive but can't let go the thought if it can solve the problem, but.... No this software can't even able to see the drive. Below is the proof.....But indeed this is a very useful one for WD SSDs.

*i.imgur.com/64VPgDa.png

Picture of the Disk Management - MBR or GPT result is the same.

*i.imgur.com/ic2Ws37.png

And this the outcome

*i.imgur.com/M7Mlthx.png

But BIOS can see both drives

*i.imgur.com/CKacZIa.jpg

@dissel I know your 1st slot (slot 0?) can't take a 2280 type M.2 SSD. I'm saying to use the default SSD on the second slot to check if its an issue of the slot (slot 1?).

Can't even let go this thought also - Who knows maybe the 2nd port is the culprit - somehow manage to do the test, Turns out it is fine,
Below is the proof which is 256 GB drive in the NVME1 drive @ BIOS which is the 2nd drive.

*i.imgur.com/tA4Zaqw.jpg

dissel

Cyborg Agent
As my previous post/ Problem deserves a closure hense the posting - Amazon picked up the Replacement Drive so now I'm relieved, Refund will be in Amazon Pay Balance as it looks like which is no problem.....My que in this, why issue a 2nd Replacement, In this case, money not going outside Amazon IN, why waste a second drive....Those fraudsters/misuser of the system certainly like to have it back in their bank.

Great Refund Process - No Phone Call, no Email, Nothing Fully Automated Return System.

*i.imgur.com/FNnYYsP.png

As my previous post/ Problem deserves a closure hense the posting - Amazon picked up the Replacement Drive so now I'm relieved, Refund will be in Amazon Pay Balance as it looks like which is no problem.....My que in this, why issue a 2nd Replacement, In this case, money not going outside Amazon IN, why waste a second drive....Those fraudsters/misuser of the system certainly like to have it back in their bank.

Great Refund Process - No Phone Call, no Email, Nothing Fully Automated Return System.

*i.imgur.com/FNnYYsP.png
People do stuff like use an item for a few days & then refund it, like use speaker for a birthday party then refund.

What are you buying now, A2000?

dissel

Cyborg Agent
What are you buying now, A2000?

As per below image and the Link I posted earlier - According to Lenovo Comunity Forum, it looks like Crucial P1 and Kingstone A2000 is compatible with this laptop and maybe I buy either of one within a sec once I got the refund amount. But I land on this thread.

Link

Please read the horrible post of the link with 4700U processor, To my honest opinion, Lenovo needs to face a hefty fat lawsuit/sue by the customer from all over the world by shipping faulty hardware intentionally...What Technology out of the world feature this Laptop has which not recognizable by the standard M.2 NVME feature......I tried to put a normal M.2 500GB WD Blue Drive non-NVME and that even not recognizable by the BIOS also.

Now I'm sceptical buying anymore M.2 NVME drive for this laptop.....This laptop is excellent until this unwanted issue reveals itself.

*i.imgur.com/EqCSWqC.png

Last edited:
Ok @dissel, something to keep in mind next time I recommend this laptop.

A2000 is better than P1 as P1 is a QLC drive, for similar prices prefer A2000 any day (unless P1 is like 2k cheaper & you want to save money).

dissel

Cyborg Agent
I also think so, better to avoid & just use a regular sata ssd in orico transparent usb 3 case.

Yup.....Now feeling is like Apple M1 user - Only 256GB internal storage and start for looking all other alternative ways to increase storage. One satisfection though, I'm able to upgrade the RAM to 16GB Dual Channel Mode. Waited so long to pick up a Ryzen Laptop is Upgardable RAM + Upgradable Internal Storage...When I came to know this offer Addtional Internal Storage I can't control myself and jump into this with all glory of ThinkPad name. Love the keyboard and track pad thingy - Every laptop must get those addtional button on the top of the Track Pad, completly stop the need of addtional mouse if user comfortable with those....But didn't have the remotest idea about slot incompatibilty isue.

Is QLC drives are good ? Confused after watching this video .

I have a QLC SSD (Intel 660p) & a budget TLC (HP EX920). I personally saw no difference between them in daily usage when I made the switch from former to the latter for OS except for 1 use case, copying large files. When copying files, QLC SSDs provide speed like HDD.

So my impression is, for like 1-1.5k price difference for 1TB, avoid QLC & get TLC SSD instead. Say you get Crucial P1 for 7k vs Kingston A2000 for 9k, you can think about saving money by going QLC IMO.

khalil1210

In the zone
Is this a good laptop for 50k. The base clock speed is only 1ghz?

*dl.flipkart.com/dl/lenovo-ideapad-...a?pid=COMFY6FKMWV9KHFG&cmpid=product.share.pp

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Looks like it is a tie-up/racket between manufacturer - found this page which says compatible with 'Compatible with ThinkPad E14 Gen 2' -

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | lenovo | thinkpad | ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 | Crucial IN

Crucial P2 1TB drive @ Amazon IN - Looking for below 10k, but this add extra 4k.

Amazon.in: Buy Crucial P2 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD Up to 2400MB/s - CT1000P2SSD8 Online at Low Prices in India | Crucial Reviews & Ratings

Looks like it is a tie-up/racket between manufacturer - found this page which says compatible with 'Compatible with ThinkPad E14 Gen 2' -

Crucial P2 1TB drive @ Amazon IN - Looking for below 10k, but this add extra 4k.

Amazon.in: Buy Crucial P2 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD Up to 2400MB/s - CT1000P2SSD8 Online at Low Prices in India | Crucial Reviews & Ratings
QLCs should be 20% cheaper than budget TLC SSD. Not sure about racket.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz

Don't know about tie-ups, But I used their compatibility tool to get RAM for my Dell XPS and it worked for me.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Guys what all laptops are expected in april? I know that tuf a15 5800h 3060 is coming this month for 105k.
Scar 15 5800h 3070 fhd is available for 154k.
Between those price points what all reliable units will be coming?
And If buying this month should still go with 4800h/2060 omen?

Do you guys think gigabyte a7 will come to India?

Top Bottom