All laptop related queries here!!!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Price is a bit too steep. Just because it's a 144Hz the price goes above 100k.

I think around 90-95k will be a sweetspot for the first model.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
No, they also provide the 1660Ti 6GB along with 144Hz....Also 16GB RAM OOB.
True.. but considering some of the prices I have seen living abroad, this price above 1 lakh for a 1660Ti based laptop is a little hard to digest. I am sure GST and other import duties play a huge role into propping up the price into the 6 digit zone.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
We pay at least 40% over international prices just because of customs and GST. Govt uses those to build crap statues instead of silicon fabs or laptop manufacturing plants.

when HSMC came, they rejected them saying that it will cause water pollution and all. But if we see properly, TSMC didnt bribe. There are other factories which causes far more pollution than silicone facilities, but they are operating fully and happily, because of the large amount of $$ which govt. receives.

The current plant in India can only make till 180nm.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
when TSMC came, they rejected them saying that it will cause water pollution and all. But if we see properly, TSMC didnt bribe. There are other factories which causes far more pollution than silicone facilities, but they are operating fully and happily, because of the large amount of $$ which govt. receives.

The current plant in India can only make till 180nm.
Any source for the above because as far as I remember TSMC never formally proposed to invest in India(at least not on a scale to make it to print version of newspapers).

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Any source for the above because as far as I remember TSMC never formally proposed to invest in India(at least not on a scale to make it to print version of newspapers).

My mistake, it was HSMC and not TSMC
I saw about it first on a youtube video long ago, it was basically about the current status of fabs in india. That guy probably said HSMC but I heard it as TMSC. Now the video is nowhere to be found as i cleared my YT history, and dont remeber the channel name and all(I watched in dec'19-jan'20)

But then I came across this reddit just now.

Although I still could not found the proper reason given by the government.

TSMC has invested a bit in design of chips, not in its making
source:- TSMC

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Until and unless the demand for PC's and Laptops were not that high by the Indian public, forget about any chip or fab based tech. plant.Yes,Covid-19 has changed the scenario to some extent, but still a large number of product purchase power capable so called literate public does not spend in PC's or laptops. Leave about the rest poorer sections and illiterate sections of our country.

You see, Samsung, Nokia, Realme, Xiaomi, etc. cos. have invested and built factories for assembling or partial making of only MOBILE PHONES here in India , due to its very high demand.

This is the scenario.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Hello, All The Laptop Experts - Please share your thoughts on this....

*www.amazon.in/dp/B08PXQLNZH/?coliid=I3LFD45WJRIJLM&colid=102ICFJILJU5T&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Found a Laptop which I'm interested to buy due to it's

Pros:-
1. Portability (1.7Kg)
2. Upgradability (This thing came with 2nd m.2 slots under U series processor + RAM upgrade)
3. Price Point looks VFM
4. USB PD charging
5. Keyboard Looks like a workhorse.

Cons:-
1. No Backlit keyboard in 2021 - The BIGGEST Con
2. Old Looks - Though this got some serious business looks
3. Limited I/O ports - One USB 2.0 & One USB 3.0 A Port unless user puts a Type -C Hub in between charging and port extension
4. Screen is as usual so so....and it is only 14 inches as I have Desktop Monitor to spare.

Point number 2 - 3 - 5 in the pro section let me write off all the cons....

Usage :

1. Will connect an audio interface (Phantom Power) and record in Audacity and then Post-Processing. Need to be excel in this task.
2. Pro Tools & Ableton Live Lite must run - Though one in at a time, Not at the same time
3. Will be doing lots of MS Excel Sheets + Lots of typing with Brave Browser and I think the inbuilt keyboard can take some serious abuse
4. Also going write text in regional language - Though it's mouse oriented job
5. I'm not much hope of running Adobe Pr+Ae side by side and also not much hope for Adobe Au too - Audacity will do for now.

---------------------

Now please let me know :

1. Can I open the Back?
2. How much Lenovo Service Charge Cost if I void Warranty?
3. Is Lenovo any good?
4. Please let me know the Lenovo in India is not up to mark.

For a quick glance at the product

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now please let me know :

1. Can I open the Back?
3. Is Lenovo any good?
1. You should be able to.
2. All brands charge quite a lot for out of warranty service.
3. I place Lenovo below acer/asus nowadays in overall build quality but that is my personal opinion.
4. Lenovo Indian models are not as good as their US counterparts I think but that seems to be true for any laptop brand in India.
@omega44-xt @SaiyanGoku

Now please let me know :

1. Can I open the Back?
3. Is Lenovo any good?
That is a good deal IMO. Thinkpads are generally considered good, even budget ones. I'd agree that lack of backlit KB is its biggest con. For display, you can't get better for the price easily. If you will be using it with an ext monitor, maybe get a backlit KB as well.
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 laptop review: Affordable and fast thanks to AMD Renoir

1. Yes

2. Warranty should not get void if you open it & upgrade RAM/SSD. Lenovo didn't put this restriction based on my info, better confirm for yourself. Goes without saying but if you damage something while upgrading, warranty will be void. Service centre should charge 500-1000 for upgrade installation.

3. Yes, IMO top laptop brand right now along with HP. Dell's laptop quality & after sales have been declining. They have a lot of businesses tied up, so are ignorant, it seems.

4. I had a Lenovo laptop between 2013-16. Had used service centre in a Tier 2 city, the technicians were not very knowledgable but I'm not surprised, have experienced same with Dell & HP, and from what a friend's exp, Acer as well. At least there are a good number of service centres, usually nothing goes wrong in initial 2 years in multimedia laptops. Back then Lenovo laptops had bad hinge, seems they have improved.

kg11sgbg

At last got my HP 15s-gr0010AU Ryzen 5(3450U) based Laptop. Since I am not a gamer,so this mediocre laptop does not affect me.
Also opened the backcover and upgraded RAM to 16GB DDR4, 500GB pci-e nvme m.2(2280 form factor) ssd, 500 GB Sata III interface ssd drive.

Functioning and running very well.

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

@whitestar_999 , @omega44-xt , @RumbaMon19 ,and others....
If I keep on charging the above HP laptop even after 100% battery has been reached,means keeping the connector connected to electrical outlet. Will that affect the battery life of this laptop? Will it damage and reduce the battery life?
Please clarify ,Friends.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
AFAIK laptops run directly on input power whenever connected. Battery gets charged in parallel until set limit and stops charging. You may continue to work on input power.

Small point to note is that batteries are under stress when at above 90% charge. So laptop makers have an option to keep the charge limited to 80%. Or even 60% if you exclusively use it as desktop replacement.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
@whitestar_999 , @omega44-xt , @RumbaMon19 ,and others....
If I keep on charging the above HP laptop even after 100% battery has been reached,means keeping the connector connected to electrical outlet. Will that affect the battery life of this laptop? Will it damage and reduce the battery life?
Please clarify ,Friends.

If you thinking to keep it on desk, then you can consider some battery charge limiter, but instead I manually charge it till 85% and let it discharge till 35%. This way battery is not ruined.

What happens is that when you keep it plugged, the battery once it is 100% will stop charging. As it drops to 99% , it will start charging again, hence making a cycle. And this thing is usually responsible for lose in capacity. As the battery charged is not going below 90%.

Dagad

Right off the assembly line
um idk why but whenever i have my power plan set to balanced my cpu clocks up to its turbo boost speed for some reason which generates a lot of heat. device: microsoft surface book 2

um idk why but whenever i have my power plan set to balanced my cpu clocks up to its turbo boost speed for some reason which generates a lot of heat. device: microsoft surface book 2
Learn to maybe undervolt your CPU using Throttlestop or Intel XTU, check guides by Bob of all trades.

Top Bottom