All laptop related queries here!!!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is Acer Aspire 5 A515-43 worth @37k
512 ssd + 2tb expansion slot. Any price drop expected?
It is worth its price. For comparison, in last year Oct sale of amazon & fk ryzen 3500u model with 4gb ram & 256gb ssd from asus were selling for ~36k & they come with TN panel though they do have better design & backlit keyboard. Lenovo was selling a 3500u model with 8gb ram & 512gb ssd for 39.9k at the same time last year. Just for that IPS screen & 512gb ssd this laptop is worth it. Do remember though that Acer warranty policy is probably the strictest among all laptop manufacturers in India so better not open even a screw in the warranty period.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Ok.
Thanks a lot for that warranty pointer.
As per review display is pretty good compared to nano edge display of Asus or TN panels of lenovo.
Battery back claimed is also better compared to Asus vivobooks.

Upgrading 8gb ram & 1tb HDD will make it good workhorse & day to day computing around 45k. Will call & confirm with service centre before taking call.

Thanks.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
As per review display is pretty good compared to nano edge display of Asus or TN panels of lenovo.
Battery back claimed is also better compared to Asus vivobooks.
But according to this review its performance is not so good considering its hardware(btw which review are you talking about,can you post the link).
*www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-...op-but-with-a-hefty-shortcoming.441392.0.html

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
But according to this review its performance is not so good considering its hardware(btw which review are you talking about,can you post the link).
*www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-...op-but-with-a-hefty-shortcoming.441392.0.html

To be frank I had not taken performance into consideration at all. I just thought it will be better to my current laptop with core i5 6200 u chip.

I want to upgrade from Asus pro P2430UA core i5 6200u , 4 + 4 gb ram.
My main concern was for display as with my current laptop 2 persons cannot view the display at same time.
I will give it to my nephew for his school stuff & get myself new one.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be frank I had not taken performance into consideration at all. I just thought it will be better to my current laptop with core i5 6200 u chip.

I want to upgrade from Asus pro P2430UA core i5 6200u , 4 + 4 gb ram.
My main concern was for display as with my current laptop 2 persons cannot view the display at same time.
I will give it to my nephew for his school stuff & get myself new one.
Do check out lenovo ryzen 3500u laptops in showroom if available as there is a chance that they may have ips screen too. Can you post that review link where it says better display compared to asus nano edge & lenovo tn panel like you mentioned?

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Do check out lenovo ryzen 3500u laptops in showroom if available as there is a chance that they may have ips screen too. Can you post that review link where it says better display compared to asus nano edge & lenovo tn panel like you mentioned?

What I found online sites including lenovo it has normal LCD panel. Moreover lenovo ideapad which I saw were around 50k with 256gb ssd. I personally prefer thinkpad E495 but they are out of stock even in offline markets.
All ryzen 5 laptop from Asus & lenovo which I saw were upgradable upto 12gb ram while this Acer Aspire 5 can take 16 gb.
BTW even in few thinkpad models ips panel is not highlighted.

In my limited period search could not get anything for ryzen 5 yesterday.

Please check below for videos of ryzen 3 3200u models.

Acer aspire 5 slim vs Asus Vivobook display comparison of ryzen 3 3200u from Nepal (my guess)

Review of Acer Aspire 5 ryzen 33200u

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Mi has launched mi notebook horizon starting with 55k for 10 gen core i5 paired with Nvidia mx350 graphics, 512 ssd & 8gb ram.
Mi Notebook Horizon Core i5

Basic Mi Notebook 14 to launched starting with 42k for 10th gen core i5, 256gb ssd, 8gb ram.
Mi Notebook 14

Which of these model will vfm for those who cannot wait for ryzen 4500u slim laptops?

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 Laptop 15.6" FHD 144Hz Ryzen 5 4600H, GTX 1650 4GB Graphics (8GB RAM/512GB NVMe SSD/Windows 10/Bonfire Black/2.30 Kg), FA506IH-AL047T finally listed on Amazon @ 61k along with other 256 ssd + 1tb HDD model which sells around 64k.

What is the opinion of the experience ppl on Asus new ryzen models?

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
I would like to know if the following laptop is worth investment @48000 in Sbi offer for those who need decent all round performance ( desktop replacement) like light gaming, multitab browsing with office application, running share market apps, running VMs, & video encoding/ rendering.

ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DY-BQ024T ryzen 5 3550h, 8gb ram & 512ssd

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would like to know if the following laptop is worth investment @48000 in Sbi offer for those who need decent all round performance ( desktop replacement) like light gaming, multitab browsing with office application, running share market apps, running VMs, & video encoding/ rendering.

ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DY-BQ024T ryzen 5 3550h, 8gb ram & 512ssd
You mean investing 45.5k(1k sbi card discount+5%/2450 sbi yono app cashback)?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not aware of SBI yono app cash back offer but the laptop is listed on Amazon for 48990 while paying through SBI card will get instant cash back of 1000.
You are missing a good offer then. Buy anything on amazon inside yono app(product must be added to cart within yono app amazon page after logging in amazon within yono app) using sbi debit/credit card(or netbanking) & you will get 5% unlimited cashback within 90 days in the form of amazon gift voucher added to your amazon account(exclusions are the usual recharges,gold coins etc along with some specific phone models,you can see the list on the page after you click on amazon offer page under yono shopping offers). You will get extra 2400 cashback for spending 47990(48990-1000 instant discount) in yono app/ Also if you use sbi simplyclick credit card then you will also get 2.5% worth reward points so that's another 1200 discount.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
You are missing a good offer then. Buy anything on amazon inside yono app(product must be added to cart within yono app amazon page after logging in amazon within yono app) using sbi debit/credit card(or netbanking) & you will get 5% unlimited cashback within 90 days in the form of amazon gift voucher added to your amazon account(exclusions are the usual recharges,gold coins etc along with some specific phone models,you can see the list on the page after you click on amazon offer page under yono shopping offers). You will get extra 2400 cashback for spending 47990(48990-1000 instant discount) in yono app/ Also if you use sbi simplyclick credit card then you will also get 2.5% worth reward points so that's another 1200 discount.
Thanks I just downloaded the app & checked it.
Still not decided to get amd ryzen 5 3550h laptop or core i5 9300h laptop especially MSI budget gaming.

Had read about thermal issues in tuf a15 ryzen 4600h so staying away from it and it will be way over budget in current scenario. Wish Asus had something in 60 Hertz panel for non gamers.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Still not decided to get amd ryzen 5 3550h laptop or core i5 9300h laptop especially MSI budget gaming.
3550H and 9300H differ by 12% on an average on non-gaming tasks.
*www.notebookcheck.net/i5-9300H-vs-R5-3550H_11356_11151.247596.0.html
For gaming, get the one with better GPU.
Avoid MSI like a plague.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
@SaiyanGoku & @whitestar_999 Thanks a lot...

Most probably I will be getting it as could not find anything powerful around 45k. My cousin has similar tuf model which come with 128gb ssd + 1 tb HDD so I will get hands on experience for keyboard & touchpad in evening before booking.

Just few doubt should I get Extra 8gb Ram & 1tb HDD now or wait for some price cuts?

Thanks again.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
How is this HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 Quad Core ?
Its HDD model with 3gb Nvidia Geforce gtx1050 graphics.

Or better stick to ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DY-BQ024T

My main concern is battery backup.
As per digit review Asus last upto 3.5 hrs while as per flipkart listing 7.5 hrs for this particular hp model. I think display can be slightly better with HP model.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
How is this HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 Quad Core ?
Its HDD model with 3gb Nvidia Geforce gtx1050 graphics.

Or better stick to ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DY-BQ024T

My main concern is battery backup.
As per digit review Asus last upto 3.5 hrs while as per flipkart listing 7.5 hrs for this particular hp model. I think display can be slightly better with HP model.
Hp Link is messed up,
Is this the laptop you mentioned: HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 Quad Core - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/3 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050) 15-EC0098AX Gaming Laptop Rs.57297 Price in India - Buy HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 Quad Core - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/3 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050) 15-EC0098AX Gaming Laptop Shadow Black Online - HP : Flipkart.com ?
If yes, then its way overpriced. Helios 300 1050Ti used to go for 50k. This has 1050 and slow HDD. The linked Asus laptop has an even worse RX 560X.
Gamer or non-gamer, both of these have terrible value.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Hp Link is messed up,
Is this the laptop you mentioned: HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 Quad Core - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/3 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050) 15-EC0098AX Gaming Laptop Rs.57297 Price in India - Buy HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 Quad Core - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/3 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050) 15-EC0098AX Gaming Laptop Shadow Black Online - HP : Flipkart.com ?
If yes, then its way overpriced. Helios 300 1050Ti used to go for 50k. This has 1050 and slow HDD. The linked Asus laptop has an even worse RX 560X.
Gamer or non-gamer, both of these have terrible value.

Thanks for the information on graphics.
It's the same HP which I posted & showing me 50k price & delivery by tomorrow at Mumbai residence.

I was going to book that Asus one with rx560x @ 48000 & plus extra amazon cash back of 2400 from SBI yuno app.

So effective price of 45600 for asus tuf with Rx 560 graphics. Do you think its worth for the price.

Gaming is not priority. Need desktop replacement, & for multitasking.
Which laptop according to you is best performer around 45k to 50k?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Which laptop according to you is best performer around 45k to 50k?
Value option if you don't mind 256GB ssd:
*www.amazon.in/ASUS-VivoBook-M409DA-EK146T-Integrated-Transparent/dp/B082PB9GDN/

512GB ssd:
*www.flipkart.com/asus-vivobook-14-...a-ek501t-thin-light-laptop/p/itm226532a78af60
(Says 2nd gen ryzen in heading and 3500U in description. :confused: )

There are no laptops with R5 4600U yet, correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom