All laptop related queries here!!!

Post a small review here if you get some free time.There are many comments regarding touchpad issue for this model so use for some days with default driver & if issue comes up then update to latest driver from asus site.
well it will reach on 24th March. I live in Mizoram, so its going to take time. Will do a review soon. I mean, there is simply no substitute to this laptop even at Rs70k range. Guaranteed 10+hour battery with Wifi Netflix streaming, 98o grams weight, Core i5 8th Gen, 8Gb RAM, 256GB SSD... best for school and college students.

siddhesh222

Journeyman
well it will reach on 24th March. I live in Mizoram, so its going to take time. Will do a review soon. I mean, there is simply no substitute to this laptop even at Rs70k range. Guaranteed 10+hour battery with Wifi Netflix streaming, 98o grams weight, Core i5 8th Gen, 8Gb RAM, 256GB SSD... best for school and college students.

Yes, it's an amazing laptop at a very attractive price! Well idk if we'll really get above 10+ hr usage in real life tho lol.

I guess I'll have to review it before you because mine is arriving tomorrow :p. Should be in my hands by the evening...

powerstarprince

In the zone
Hello, I have a HP Pavilion g4 laptop which I bought around 6 years ago but recently, it's been overheating a lot while playing games. What's odd is the GPU temperature shoots up to 85 degrees when it should have normally been at around 70-75 degrees. The CPU temperature goes to an insanely high of about 98-99 degrees with the Tj Max temperature being at just 105 degrees. I have never encountered such temperatures before. Recently, when I visited a service centre, there were no problems with the fan, heat sink nor the dust. Also, there was no need to replace the thermal compound but I was advised to downgrade from windows 10 to 8.1 which I did later and the performance has been improved since then. It runs more quieter and cooler under casual load. But I still suspect the thermal compound has to be replaced? I'm not sure if that's the case, I might visit another service centre and ask for it but I highly doubt whether they would be having the spare parts for my laptop. Where else can I buy thermal compound if it's not available?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello, I have a HP Pavilion g4 laptop which I bought around 6 years ago but recently, it's been overheating a lot while playing games. What's odd is the GPU temperature shoots up to 85 degrees when it should have normally been at around 70-75 degrees. The CPU temperature goes to an insanely high of about 98-99 degrees with the Tj Max temperature being at just 105 degrees. I have never encountered such temperatures before. Recently, when I visited a service centre, there were no problems with the fan, heat sink nor the dust. Also, there was no need to replace the thermal compound but I was advised to downgrade from windows 10 to 8.1 which I did later and the performance has been improved since then. It runs more quieter and cooler under casual load. But I still suspect the thermal compound has to be replaced? I'm not sure if that's the case, I might visit another service centre and ask for it but I highly doubt whether they would be having the spare parts for my laptop. Where else can I buy thermal compound if it's not available?
Buy Online | Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound 3.5G | Price in India

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Ok guys so I've used my Zenbook 13 for two days now and.... it is just AMAZING!!

Idk what to say, everything about it feels great tbh, i love the screen, it's better than my 144hz gaming monitor and the battery life is straight up INSANE..

I don't even understand how this goes for 53,990 during sales, If it was priced as much as macbook air, people should still buy it, it's so premium... it looks really beautiful in rose gold!

Also it weighs super low, almost as much as my tablet lul.

Btw I still haven't faced the touchpad issue people talk about, not even once. I've used this for like 20 hours probably till now lol

Ok guys so I've used my Zenbook 13 for two days now and.... it is just AMAZING!!

Idk what to say, everything about it feels great tbh, i love the screen, it's better than my 144hz gaming monitor and the battery life is straight up INSANE..

I don't even understand how this goes for 53,990 during sales, If it was priced as much as macbook air, people should still buy it, it's so premium... it looks really beautiful in rose gold!

Btw I still haven't faced the touchpad issue people talk about, not even once. I've used this for like 20 hours probably till now lol
Apple has brand value, they can sell inferior products for a high price. Still, Zenbooks aren't as good as XPS 13 or MacBooks (except for KB), but it is a great budget ultrabook.

Congrats

Inferior in terms of specs,not in terms of build quality & overall user experience.
They can make those inferior as well & still sell products, butterfly KB is an example. I do agree, general build is top notch in MacBooks. OS is still user dependent, I can never settle with Mac OS, people who use it for just general tasks can settle with it. It is more stable than Win10.

hi, my Zenbook arrived today. This laptop fan starts spinning loudly for no reason, even when i am just downloading stuffs.. and by default its very noisy.
My battery is full now and when i hover my mouse over it it says 3hr 40mins left. WTFFF i thought this was supposed to a whole day laptop. I am very pisseddd
The ASUS giftbox app is stuck in loading screen for almost 1 HOUR!!!!!

edit: okay, after a restart, the fan noise is gone, its dead silent, and battery life shows 5hrs remaining. Man, i guess ill give my thoughts after using it for few days.
edit: ok it started again, fans kicking off like a mad man after around 10 mins of usage.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
hi, my Zenbook arrived today. This laptop fan starts spinning loudly for no reason, even when i am just downloading stuffs.. and by default its very noisy.
My battery is full now and when i hover my mouse over it it says 3hr 40mins left. WTFFF i thought this was supposed to a whole day laptop. I am very pisseddd

edit: okay, after a restart, the fan noise is gone, its dead silent, and battery life shows 5hrs remaining. Man, i guess ill give my thoughts after using it for few days.
edit: ok it started again, fans kicking off like a mad man after around 10 mins of usage.
Open task manager & check cpu/ram/ssd usage,I suspect some win 10 task going on in background.

There aren't any good whole day laptops yet. Don't expect more than 6-7 hrs of battery life even with light usage. For web browsing 5-6 hrs is good. XPS 13 lasted 6-7 hrs for me while browsing (bought one for my father).

Check for BIOS updates, any other driver updates.

Dr. House

No Regrets
Hey @whitestar_999 I have decided to buy basic laptop instead of desktop for general basic office work.
I found out this pentium silver N5000 with 4GB RAM is great for doing basic work. Please suggest me which brand should I buy asus, acer, lenovo or hp? Should I buy with windows or DOS as there is issue of finding drivers if you buy without windows.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.amazon.in/HP-CS0009TU-14-inch-...09960031&rnid=8609959031&s=computers&sr=1-135
No dvd drive,cheapest 7th gen core i3 processor.Just upgrade hdd to 120gb ssd(kingston a400 120gb on onlyssd for 1700) & use internal hdd in *www.amazon.in/External-Portable-USB3-0-2139U3-CR-Transparent/dp/B01N07NBLA

Dr. House

No Regrets
*www.amazon.in/HP-CS0009TU-14-inch-Integrated-Graphics/dp/B07L9SCJMB/ref=sr_1_135?fst=as:eek:ff&qid=1552892175&refinements=p_36:7252029031,p_n_condition-type:8609960031&rnid=8609959031&s=computers&sr=1-135
No dvd drive,cheapest 7th gen core i3 processor.Just upgrade hdd to 120gb ssd(kingston a400 120gb on onlyssd for 1700) & use internal hdd in *www.amazon.in/External-Portable-USB3-0-2139U3-CR-Transparent/dp/B01N07NBLA
Thanks but it doesn't have numeric keyboard as most of the use is for office work and accounts.

Top Bottom