All laptop related queries here!!!

andy_65_in

Padawan
my US made pavillion 14b015dx model of 2012 vintage still going strong...wondering should i dispose it or continue...confused...working fine...but has no inbuilt dvd witer

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
my US made pavillion 14b015dx model of 2012 vintage still going strong...wondering should i dispose it or continue...confused...working fine...but has no inbuilt dvd witer
My cousin's 2011 asus laptop also still going strong,laptop avg build quality was a lot better overall till a few years ago.

HP Notebook - 15-da0327tu hows this laptop for everyday use
Post thread with filled questionnaire. Usually Acer & asus have better value for money options these days, even Lenovo.

That laptop is just terrible at 32k. Get Lenovo S145 with AMD R3 3200U from Lenovo's website. R3 3200U is a better CPU (similar to i3 8th gen) & has factory-installed 512GB SSD. It costs 28k on sales, usually 30-32k. You can get R5 2500U/3500U laptops at 35k on sales w/o SSD.

Lenovo IdeaPad S145 (15 inch AMD) | Best Budget Laptop | Lenovo India

Mizanurification

Journeyman
Kinda need help with upgrading my laptop with a new SSD and RAM.

Laptop: HP OMEN : SYSTEM SKU: 1HQ29PA#ACJ

Will any SSD upgrade work with it?
How much ram can i upgrade to?
Recommendations.

Budget for both RAM and SSD: 15k.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Run cpu-z & find the ram specification & then buy matching specification ram.This laptop seems to have 2 ram slots but if it has two 4gb ram sticks then upgrading will result in wastage of one 4gb ram stick.Assuming 4gb ram stick in one slot then other slot should be able to easily take 8gb ram stick for a total of 12gb ram or 8gb ram sticks in both slots for a total 16gb ram.

Any 2.5" sata ssd will work by replacing the hdd.Get this Buy Online Crucial MX500 2.5 Inch 1TB SATA III 3D NAND SSD CT1000MX500SSD1 In India

Mizanurification

Journeyman
Run cpu-z & find the ram specification & then buy matching specification ram.This laptop seems to have 2 ram slots but if it has two 4gb ram sticks then upgrading will result in wastage of one 4gb ram stick.Assuming 4gb ram stick in one slot then other slot should be able to easily take 8gb ram stick for a total of 12gb ram or 8gb ram sticks in both slots for a total 16gb ram.

Any 2.5" sata ssd will work by replacing the hdd.Get this Buy Online Crucial MX500 2.5 Inch 1TB SATA III 3D NAND SSD CT1000MX500SSD1 In India

Thanks.

Ram: Attached a screenshot. Planning to get 2x8GB. Can u suggest the best RAM?

SSD: Was checking out "Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250 GB NVMe M.2 PCIe".
Will i be able to use the HDD with it? I just want the SSD for OS and 1-2 games.

Attachments

• RAM.png
    RAM.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 77

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Kinda need help with upgrading my laptop with a new SSD and RAM.

Laptop: HP OMEN : SYSTEM SKU: 1HQ29PA#ACJ

Will any SSD upgrade work with it?
How much ram can i upgrade to?
Recommendations.

Budget for both RAM and SSD: 15k.
Yes SSD can be upgraded. It can be upgraded with another 8GB RAM of the same latency which is 2666MHZ DDR4.
Check this once:OMEN by HP 15-dc1092tx

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks.

Will i be able to use the HDD with it? I just want the SSD for OS and 1-2 games.
Yes it has 1TB HDD & 256GB NVME M.2 SSD which can be upgraded.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks.

I checked the support manual for Omen 200 series on HP India site & it says it has m2 NVMe slot.
*www.amazon.in/Samsung-Internal-Solid-State-MZ-V7S250BW/dp/B07MHXYL6T/
But keep in mind that you will get only 232gb of usable space,it is better to replace hdd with ssd as size will remain same & you can use the internal hdd as external by using usb case. Or you can get this(just make sure to leave ~100gb space(aka ~10%) free on this drive): Buy Online Intel 1TB 660P NVMe M.2 Internal SSD SSDPEKNW010T801 In India

For ram you can get two of these after running crucial compatibility tool on your laptop for confirmation.
*www.amazon.in/Crucial-8GB-DDR4-2400-SODIMM-CT8G4SFS824A/dp/B01BIWKP58/

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Sale extended till 25th Oct. Get Up to 50% Off on Lenovo Laptops!

*click2.lenovo.com/ol/h09Xdc3Idlhd6...s44B3hEzfj5_tmXByoPdWH-UyHSoD5t2sZT65jUvohAO8,

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Sale extended till 25th Oct. Get Up to 50% Off on Lenovo Laptops!

*click2.lenovo.com/ol/h09Xdc3Idlhd6...s44B3hEzfj5_tmXByoPdWH-UyHSoD5t2sZT65jUvohAO8,

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk
Most of these laptop discounted 50% on MRP were available at 1-2k more price.
That AMD ryzen s145 lappy was available for ~29k before 50% discount.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^ totally agreed.
OP, if you are still waiting for suggestions, then get a external DVD writer which is always suggested here by many forum members. And get a good bag with cushioned pockets if you really need to carry around your dvd writer with laptop.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
@anupam_pb ; @TheSloth ; @SaiyanGoku , just an info brothers.
My archaic DELL Inspiron 14 5447 Laptop , is functioning still better.
But I am running Fedora 31 on it. Erased Windows from it.

Shall I revert back to Windows?
Can the Intel core i54xxx, CPU, be able to handle the latest updates of Windows 10 smoothly and effectively/efficiently?

Top Bottom