All laptop related queries here!!!

kaz

right here
Battery for my Dell studio 1435 stopped working. Any online site and seller to buy it from?

Compatible: 6 Cell Laptop Power Battery FOR Dell Studio 14 1435 1436 WT866 WT870 WT873 | eBay

Dell's Original: Dell Studio 1435 6 Cell Laptop Battery - Dell : Flipkart.com

hari1

In the zone
I want to upgrade my laptop RAM to 8GB as it runs slow while multitasking and it takes long time while resuming from hibernation.
Purpose for upgrade- Better multitasking and increasing general responsiveness during heavy web browsing

My laptop is- Samsung NP300E5V-S02IN
Samsung NP300E5V-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) Rs.34999 Price in India - Buy Samsung NP300E5V-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) SLeek SIlver Online - Samsung : Flipkart.com

I ran Crucial Memory Scanner and here is the result-
Computer memory and SSD upgrades scan results for Samsung NP Series Notebooks NP300E5V from Crucial

I will add this new RAM in the second RAM slot.
*www.theitdepot.com/details-Adata+4GB+DDR3L+1600+204+Pin+SO-DIMM+Laptop+Memory+(ADDS1600W4G11-R)_C6P21175.html

Is this RAM compatible?

BhargavJ

In the zone
I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 laptop with an i3 2350M processor; CPU-Z shows the technology as 32 nm. I got this laptop in 2012 and have been using it sparingly since October last year, when I got a new Dell laptop.

The i3 processor has always run between 45 and 50 degrees for as long as I can remember; I don't remember ever seeing it drop below 40 degrees. Sometimes it goes up to 60 and even 70 when under load.

The Dell laptop I bought last year has an i5 4200U processor; CPU-Z shows the technology as 22nm. SpeedFan always shows its temperature at around 30 degrees; the fluctuations are generally + / - 5 degrees, but most of the time its at 29 or 30 degrees.

When I had bought the Dell i5 laptop, I had thought that since it has a more powerful processor, it would run at higher temperatures. Instead, its the other way round.

Is it because it is newer technology? Is it also because Dell does something to bring down temperatures that Toshiba doesn't? I've already run a blower to remove dust from both laptops.

Is the 45 to 50 degree temperature normal for the i3? The reason I'm asking is because I want to download the offline Wikipedia; last time I downloaded it, it was around 9 GBs (compressed file). On the 1 mbps connection I have, it will take many hours, and so I thought I'd download it on the Toshiba laptop since its old and I've busted its battery by using it too much while keeping it connected to the power line. It is only when I ran SpeedFan on both laptops that I noticed that the i5 is cooler. :)

akii17kr

Journeyman
I want to upgrade my laptop RAM to 8GB as it runs slow while multitasking and it takes long time while resuming from hibernation.
Purpose for upgrade- Better multitasking and increasing general responsiveness during heavy web browsing

My laptop is- Samsung NP300E5V-S02IN
Samsung NP300E5V-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) Rs.34999 Price in India - Buy Samsung NP300E5V-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) SLeek SIlver Online - Samsung : Flipkart.com

I ran Crucial Memory Scanner and here is the result-
Computer memory and SSD upgrades scan results for Samsung NP Series Notebooks NP300E5V from Crucial

I will add this new RAM in the second RAM slot.
*www.theitdepot.com/details-Adata+4GB+DDR3L+1600+204+Pin+SO-DIMM+Laptop+Memory+(ADDS1600W4G11-R)_C6P21175.html

Is this RAM compatible?
Could anyone answer this question ? I have same laptop also.

BhargavJ

In the zone
Someone, please help regarding the i3 processor temperature I mentioned in the previous post. The processor is an i3 2350M; bought the laptop in 2012; the temperature now never comes down to below 50 degrees; it even reaches 70 degrees. Earlier, it used to stay between 45 and 50. How do I bring down the temperature? I looked in the Task Manager for any program I could kill, but there's only the AV and the firewall; the rest are all Windows programs (lots of svchost.exe ones). The CPU itself generally stays below 50%.

I've heard many people talk of applying thermal paste to the processor. I myself do not know how to do this and I will not open the processor on my own, but I can ask my regular computer wala to do it for me. Please tell me about which paste I should apply, and its cost. Is there a possibility that the processor may get damaged trying to apply the paste?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
BhargavJ said:
The CPU itself generally stays below 50%.
It should be near 0% when it's idle. Considering you bought the Laptop in 2012, I'd say take it to a service center(or any nearby shop where they fix Laptop) & get a complete service done. They should do a complete cleanup & also reapply TIM. Should cost overall below 1k.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
It should be near 0% when it's idle. Considering you bought the Laptop in 2012, I'd say take it to a service center(or any nearby shop where they fix Laptop) & get a complete service done. They should do a complete cleanup & also reapply TIM. Should cost overall below 1k.

DIY will cost him Rs 400-500 while allowing him to use good TIM. Laptop "service" centers here don't have anything other than Rs 30 el-cheapo Chinese TIM.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well he could always give them a pack of good TIM to apply though. People who aren't comfortable or who don't have experience tinkering with computers shouldn't tinker with Laptops first IMHO.

netizen3000

GAME ON !!!
Urgently Need a Laptop Suggestion for ordinary use budget 35K

1) What is your budget?
Around 35,000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

I am considering both Mainstream;15" andThin and Light; 12" - 14" screen when considering performance weight is not a concern for me.

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Mostly web surfing, watching videos, simulating circuits, casual gaming

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
I have been going through websites and retail store these are the configuration i could come up with their respective retail price is also given

-LENOVO® G50 - 80
80E502UWIN
Intel® Core™ i3-5010U Processor, 4G(1*4GBDDRIIIL1600) RAM, 1TB 9.5MM 5400RPM HDD, 15.6 HD TN GL(FLAT) Display, HD 720P Camera, FREE - DOS Operating System, ATI EXO PRO R5 M330 DDR3L 2G Graphics, 2.5 Kg Weight

RS 34390

-HP Notebook - 15-ac156tx_Laptop
(HP Part Code: P6M76PA) RS
Intel® Core™ i3-5005U Processor
DOS
4GB RAM / 1TB HDD
White/ 15.6
2GB Graphics Card

RS 35,490

-HP 15-ac083TX (N8M06PA) Notebook (5th Gen Intel Core i3- 4GB RAM- 1TB HDD- 39.62 cm (15.6)- DOS- 2GB Graphics)
RS 34k

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

a. Like: ASUS, Lenovo, Hp, Acer, Dell
b. Dislike: Thoshiba

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Screen resolution

768p

Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs)

Purchase place

Local, I'm from kerala so I'm not comfortable with online purchasing because device complaint and servicing takes hell of a lot of time.

Plz suggest a good configuration Laptop

hems87

Broken In
I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 laptop with an i3 2350M processor; CPU-Z shows the technology as 32 nm. I got this laptop in 2012 and have been using it sparingly since October last year, when I got a new Dell laptop.

The i3 processor has always run between 45 and 50 degrees for as long as I can remember; I don't remember ever seeing it drop below 40 degrees. Sometimes it goes up to 60 and even 70 when under load.

The Dell laptop I bought last year has an i5 4200U processor; CPU-Z shows the technology as 22nm. SpeedFan always shows its temperature at around 30 degrees; the fluctuations are generally + / - 5 degrees, but most of the time its at 29 or 30 degrees.

When I had bought the Dell i5 laptop, I had thought that since it has a more powerful processor, it would run at higher temperatures. Instead, its the other way round.

Is it because it is newer technology? Is it also because Dell does something to bring down temperatures that Toshiba doesn't? I've already run a blower to remove dust from both laptops.

Is the 45 to 50 degree temperature normal for the i3? The reason I'm asking is because I want to download the offline Wikipedia; last time I downloaded it, it was around 9 GBs (compressed file). On the 1 mbps connection I have, it will take many hours, and so I thought I'd download it on the Toshiba laptop since its old and I've busted its battery by using it too much while keeping it connected to the power line. It is only when I ran SpeedFan on both laptops that I noticed that the i5 is cooler. :)

The dell laptop is having 4200U processor which is ULV processor that runs at 17 watts the processor of thosiba uses a 35w processor . You may feel the toshiba laptop may run hotter as it uses a processor that consumes more power and also its 3 years old and the thermal paste might have hardened and some dust might have accumulated in its fan.

insaneYLN

In the zone
DDR3 SODIMM Kit

Hello everyone!
:wave:

I have an Acer Aspire V3-551 laptop which came pre-bundled with 6GB memory. I am looking to buy an 8GB dual channel kit and am inclined to get the Corsair CMSO8GX3M2A1600C11 kit, Corsair Memory — 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 SODIMM Memory (CMSO8GX3M2A1600C11)

Is it a good choice, or should I look for another brand and model?
:chinscratch:

bubusam13

Human
Hi Guys, I want a super slim laptop. I need it to carry in my DSLR backpack.
It should read SD cards, have enough disk space to store about 3 days of RAW photo clicks(in case of SSD), should run Lightroom fluidly if not Photoshop. The new Macbook comes close but it have Intel Core M processor and no SD card. And also both Macbook Air and new Macbook are very costly.
Please suggest some alternative.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Guys the back screw of my Y510p is stripped.

Can anyone help me
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446831268.441779.jpg

anky

Youngling
Hi Guys,
I have HP G6 2005 AX, and its fan is not working anymore, i have opened it and cleaned everything, bit the fan is not rotating freely even when i try to rotate it with my hands..laptop is showing error that fan is not identified...i want to replace the fan..
can anybody please tell where to get the fan...not the whole heat sink assembly..only fan..and i am using only local 20rs thermal paste for now..should i use a better one?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hi Guys,
I have HP G6 2005 AX, and its fan is not working anymore, i have opened it and cleaned everything, bit the fan is not rotating freely even when i try to rotate it with my hands..laptop is showing error that fan is not identified...i want to replace the fan..
can anybody please tell where to get the fan...not the whole heat sink assembly..only fan..and i am using only local 20rs thermal paste for now..should i use a better one?

Try putting a tiny drop of machine oil on the fans's axel where it sits in the winding. Also clean the dust off of the fan. And don't use local paste. It dries up within 40-50 hours of use and you need to re-apply it again. :|

anky

Youngling
okok..i will order another branded paste online..and will try using machine oil for the fan..and will let u know the results..

- - - Updated - - -

Hey SaiyanGoku ur tip worked like a charm...!!..thanx a lot..

Top Bottom