All laptop related queries here!!!

Hardhat

Right off the assembly line
One last question, how different is Gl552kx finishing compared to g551jx-dm036h. As in the body. Plastic. Hinges. Etc.

I know I'm being picky but then this becomes irritating later when your laptop is in pieces or looks ugly.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
One last question, how different is Gl552kx finishing compared to g551jx-dm036h. As in the body. Plastic. Hinges. Etc.

I know I'm being picky but then this becomes irritating later when your laptop is in pieces or looks ugly.

So you are a faishonsta?
Model?
Dude there are tons of customization options available.
Dude plastic finish is decent.

1.If you can import from XoticPC,it's best option.

2. Or else save your money and get GL552JX.Add M.2/SATA III SSD for 7-8k and rock and roll.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
wouldnt you rather clone your boot HDD to an SSD , then replace the HDD with the SSD and use the HDD in the ODD caddy??
Because ODD is limited to SATA 2.6 not 3 so your main HDD slot will be better as it has SATA 3

Boy.. thats picky :)
Well, my SSD sits in HDD slot and HDD sits in ODD slot. I just posted here for giving basic idea as first when I had purchased, idea was to not to touch HDD and fit SSD in ODD caddy only, but later had to swap both.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Asus one has m2 ssd slot. Better to use it without removing either ODD or HDD. ;)

I know,I was asking in general for laptops without an msata slot(mine doesnt :( , was 8k extra at the time, hence the query)

- - - Updated - - -

Boy.. thats picky :)
Well, my SSD sits in HDD slot and HDD sits in ODD slot. I just posted here for giving basic idea as first when I had purchased, idea was to not to touch HDD and fit SSD in ODD caddy only, but later had to swap both.

oh , was just asking in general, I want to do the exact same thing but $$$ is an issue :p
my laptop is 2.5 years old now approx so wondering if itll be worth it or if I should buy a new one
am in the process of trying to buy a SP3 later on too and a netbook at the moment for Dad hence the $$$ issue , will try and convince :D

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Interesting this. Link to source?
Life With the MacBook's Single Port Won't Be Easy?Yet | WIRED

Hands-on with the Retina MacBook: One-port wonder | Ars Technica

Apple Declares Death To All The Ports | TechCrunch

Though a port for charging exists (and a 3.5 mm headphone jack, if they removed it too, why any technologically sane person would consider it? ) it shouldn't be counted as a normal USB port.

Last edited:

Dr. House

No Regrets
New macbooks are touchscreen less tablets with keyboard. They have no ports at all. And overpriced for the hardware config.

Are you stoned or what? It has USB ports and all. You're confused between macbook and macbook air.

- - - Updated - - -

Life With the MacBook's Single Port Won't Be Easy?Yet | WIRED

Hands-on with the Retina MacBook: One-port wonder | Ars Technica

Apple Declares Death To All The Ports | TechCrunch

Though a port for charging exists (and a 3.5 mm headphone jack, if they removed it too, why would any technologically sane person would consider it? ) it shouldn't be counted as a normal USB port.

You have no idea about macs. Nevermind, thanks! :facepalm:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I don't think such info is publicly available. There's only a CC number: *www.asus.com/in/support/callus
Tried contacting them before. They had no idea about the Asus T200TA which I want. It's logical as Asus imported only 300 piece of it (source: *www.zauba.com/import-asus-t200-hs-code.html )

Flipkart has been selling it for 33.5k but it sells for 300$ (~ 20k) on amazon.com and it's unavailable in my entire state. That's why I wanted to buy it at a much reasonable price directly from Asus, without giving a single rupee to the middle men.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Tried contacting them before. They had no idea about the Asus T200TA which I want. It's logical as Asus imported only 300 piece of it (source: *www.zauba.com/import-asus-t200-hs-code.html )

Flipkart has been selling it for 33.5k but it sells for 300$ (~ 20k) on amazon.com and it's unavailable in my entire state. That's why I wanted to buy it at a much reasonable price directly from Asus, without giving a single rupee to the middle men.

The import duty as mentioned here is around 17% of the value so that puts the value around 23.5k for the Laptop. Things sold here usually cost a bit more then they do rupee for dollar in the states. 33k is kinda high though. Around 26k is fair enough for it.
If you really want to save some bucks & can just try importing but I don't think it's just worth the hassle.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
The import duty as mentioned here is around 17% of the value so that puts the value around 23.5k for the Laptop. Things sold here usually cost a bit more then they do rupee for dollar in the states. 33k is kinda high though. Around 26k is fair enough for it.
If you really want to save some bucks & can just try importing but I don't think it's just worth the hassle.

Declared price per unit is around 24.6k and I am willing to buy it for even 28k since I'll add 1 TB HDD in a couple of hours after buying it. If it was the 64 GB rom + 4 GB RAM version with 1 TB HDD, 33k would be justified. Won't import it since that'll almost nullify the price difference. And who knows how long it'll be stuck in the customs office. :|

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yeah. I guess there are not many options you have now. FK seems to be the only viable choice you have left. The extra cost seems necessary to bear if you want it

Top Bottom