All laptop related queries here!!!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
hello guys..i am confused between inspiron 15r 1366 res version and full hd 1080p version..my main concern is whether i will be able to read text in such small display with full hd..i havent seen a 15.6 full hd display before and i have heard about the small text problems..obviously 7730m cant handle games at 1080 so that leaves full hd for browsing, desktop and movies..also if i reduce the resolution to 1366 from 1080 while playing games, will it look bad?..my friend said that if u reduce resolution on full hd display to 1366 than it looks bad as compared to native 1366 res screen..i dont want to regret after buying..so is it really worth the extra 4k for 1080p ?? please help..

Yes its worth. Get it.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: Suggest among these

Can the GPU be disabled to reach battery life of 4-5 hrs?
also pick one among these with multitasking as criteria

HP 4540s ProBook (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS) vs HP Pavilion G6-2010AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph) vs Samsung NP355V5C-S03IN Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 6GB/ 750GB/ Win7 HP/ 1GB Graph) vs Samsung NP300E5X-A01IN Laptop (3rd G

under light load most laptops with GPU will give 4hr battery life. GPU can be disabled but still can't be turned off completely.

if you want to try newly released games, you'll need a discrete GPU but even Intel HD4000 can easily handle games like FIFA & CS GO.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
guys, please tell if buying additional warranty during purchase from dell worth it? if it works for 1 year, it means there aren't any manufacturing defects, any chance they would fail after 1 year?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^ you may never know. All products are not 100% same. Getting it is just extra security. If the extra money is not a problem, go for it :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
you never know when your hard drive crashes or the fan stops working or the touchpad fails or the display shows random lines. so if you can better to invest but yeah it is true that the cost of repairing will be less (in most case) than cost of additional warranty.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Is it advisable to go for Sony's extended warranty @ Rs 2490 in spite of their lots of terms and conditions. I think they covered almost every part, to not to include under warranty. And for the remaining parts, the manufacturer provides warranty.

This warranty is limited as set out herein and does not cover, inter alia, any consumable items (such as batteries) supplied with the Product; any accessory products which is not contained in the Product (such as mouse, AC adaptor, port replicator and external speaker); damage or loss to any software programs, data, or removable storage media; or damage due to

• acts of God, accident, misuse, abuse, negligence, commercial use or modifications of Product;
  • Improper operation or maintenance of the Product;
  • connection to improper voltage supply; or
  • attempted repair by any party other than a Sony authorized personal computer service facility
  • dead pixels in LCD panel

powerstarprince

In the zone
Can anyone who has a dell inspiron 14r laptop with gt 630m card private message me a screenie of gpu-z? I want to know the specs and rebranding of that card , whether it is rebranded 540m or 550m and if it has 96 or 144 pixel shaders..

deoxy

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
max 50k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:sony,samsung
b. Dislike:dell

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
web designing,video editing,gaming

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

any
6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

I have selected these four models
Sony VAIO E15127CN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph)
HP Pavilion G6-2202TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph)
Acer Aspire V3 571G Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Linux/ 1GB Graph)
Lenovo Ideapad Z580 (59-333346) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB)
which of these will be the best??

mkhackers

Right off the assembly line
Guys i having Hp pavilion g6 2005-ax currently i am using stock hp drivers .Should i upgrade my laptop driver to 12.11 beta ? Currenlty i am playing Farcry 3 and Hitman Absolution and getting serious FPS issues on Crossfire ..thanks in advance :|

venkateshkckc

Right off the assembly line
I was planning to buy samsung np550p5c-s03in laptop . plz say me is this a good lap .. is it having any problems ... is it worth of its price 57k

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I was planning to buy samsung np550p5c-s03in laptop . plz say me is this a good lap .. is it having any problems ... is it worth of its price 57k

you mean this? Samsung Series 5 NP550P5C-S02IN 3rd Gen Ci7/8GB/1TB/2GB Graphics/Win 7 HP: Flipkart.com

Seeing the specifications and price I will say go for it. Although Flipkart is showing it as permanently discontinued.

coldfury

Broken In
Im looking for a sony laptop with the following specs

15-16inch screen
i3 3rd gen
4gb ram
1gb graphics card
dvd drive
500gb or more harddisk
usb 3.0
win7 or 8

i need the full model name plzz..........i have found SVE15126CN till now

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
max 50k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:sony,samsung
b. Dislike:dell

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
web designing,video editing,gaming

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

any
6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

I have selected these four models
Sony VAIO E15127CN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph)
HP Pavilion G6-2202TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph)
Acer Aspire V3 571G Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Linux/ 1GB Graph)
Lenovo Ideapad Z580 (59-333346) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB)
which of these will be the best??

sony would be great as i love its design but if you like samsung and can get a good colour ud rather go for NP350V5C-SO2IN/3IN/4IN WHICH costs 49500 at a samsung store and has a higher class of graphic with 2gb , 1 tb and an awesome display. Go for samsung if u dont care much for design also it has 2yr warranty.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Im looking for a sony laptop with the following specs

15-16inch screen
i3 3rd gen
4gb ram
1gb graphics card
dvd drive
500gb or more harddisk
usb 3.0
win7 or 8

i need the full model name plzz..........i have found SVE15126CN till now

The Vaio model is very costly against its config. Sony's 2012 refresh is freakingly costly.

coldfury

Broken In
The Vaio model is very costly against its config. Sony's 2012 refresh is freakingly costly.

It is NOT!!! i though sony was costly too but it is not ......samsung np350v5c so1in is costing 40k in comparison to Sve15 39k
the diff is sam has 2nd gen i3 wid 750gb wid 7670m and sony has 3rd gen 500gb wid 7650m so not much diff there also sony looks like a 50k lappy
and sam looks like a 30k one!!! also sony has win8.
thanks for your input anyways.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
It is NOT!!! i though sony was costly too but it is not ......samsung np350v5c so1in is costing 40k in comparison to Sve15 39k
the diff is sam has 2nd gen i3 wid 750gb wid 7670m and sony has 3rd gen 500gb wid 7650m so not much diff there also sony looks like a 50k lappy
and sam looks like a 30k one!!! also sony has win8.
thanks for your input anyways.

Well there much much better options available at that price. If you deny, you're a blind fanboy.

PS: A Sony supporter here.

asher

Broken In
guy,thanks to u all, i just bought sammy s03in aftr months of deliberation :D (wondering without tdf wer would i go for info about lappies in india), loved sammy from the first sight,
after my first boot i could see a lot of preinstalled crapware,some has suggested me to do a clean install..is it worth it??or just uninstalling unwanted apps would do?? i could see that 1gb of ram is being utilised mostly bcz of this crapware i guess.. so is a clean install worth.
P.S,dunno how to go for a clean install without a cd........

Top Bottom